Search results

1. S

decoder for player piano audio encoded MIDI

I have a friend who would like me to write Arduino code (Ideally for teensy since it has good MIDI support) that will decode one of the audio encoded MIDI formats used by the modern player pianos. I Am connected to the guys who know a lot about this stuff and they could probably provide some...
  2. S

Going Crazy burning up Teensies

I have a circuit and code that worked fine in testing but now that I have packaged it all I does is burn up teensies both LC and 3.2. The attached PDF shows the connections to the teensy. Sorry I am not good at drawing schematics. The project is a thread winder. It is quite simple. A target is...
  3. S

Program Without Button

I have shipped some devices with teensy LC boards in them. The board is tightly packed in a box and is covered with braid and tape to isolate it from other stuff. This is sort of a prototype for testing. I found that the program button got pressed inadvertently so I cut it off. Now I want to...
  4. S

Teensy 3.6 and SD program problems

I bought a 3.6 a long time ago but never used it. I have an SD project so tried it. It is behaving very strangely. I looked on the forum and elsewhere but can not find an answer. I tries doing the 15 second reset thing but it did not work. Here is the history: I succeeded at getting the...
  5. S

Encoder and interrupts

This question has been asked a couple of times over the years with no answer. I am using the encoder library from the latest teensyduino installation. I am testing with teensy 3.2. I understand from previous "answers" that the default with encoder is to use interrupts. That is not the issue. The...
  6. S

using interrupts with encoder library

I am using a few endcoders in my project. Three are very slow mechanical types and one is a high speed optical. I think it is about 1000 counts per revolution. Everything works fine and because of the nature of my sketch it is not really critical if I miss a few steps now and then. I would...
  7. S

controlling gecko servo driver

I have a Gecko 320X that i am controlling with a Teensy3.x (varies depending on the needs for a particular application) this may sound a little strange but i want the servo to act like a stepper and just lose steps if the motor can not accelerate fast enough. i do not need absolute position...
  8. S

Library Conflict

I tried adding the HX711 load cell library to a working existing sketch and it causes a warning. Here is the minimal code that shows the conflict. if i comment out any one, it is fine. the warning message is posted below the code. Can I just ignore this or do i need to remove the "define" in one...
  9. S

How to kill a Teensy

I just discovered new way to kill a Teensy. However they are so tough, the damage was only partial. So I have a question or two about the likely damage and whether I should even consider keeping the damaged Teensy for an emergency backup. I have a Teensy 3.2 running my gin still. It measures...
  10. S

remote program button?

This afternoon I programmed my teensy 3.2 as always. I am running win 10 on a notebook computer because i need to be able to take it out to the shop where my Teensy controlled still lives. I am using the Arduino IDE (which i am not thrilled with) because i am lazy and do not want to learn...
  11. S

EEPROM wear leveling

I am using the EEPROM to store a few bytes of data during power offs. I am being careful to only post data if it has changed but i am still concerned about the million write cycle limit. I am trying to figure out how to write the few bytes to different locations over time to level the wear on...
  12. S

Audio board and LED pin 13

I am running a sketch on a teensy 3.5 with a teensy audio board of the latest version. I am using peak detection to follow the beats in music and to control a stepper motor with accelstepper. Everything is working but i am getting unintended stepper motion even when there is no input signal and...
  13. S

Audio shield and accelstepper

I have spent countless hours trying to get Teensy 3.5 with the audio shield to work together with accelstepper. i get the most bizarre results. the following sketch shows what would be expected in the serial monitor but stepper motion has nothing to do with the audio input. i have the following...
  14. S

Accelstepper and Teensy 3.6

I have a fairly complicated sketch that runs fine on teensy 3.1 and 3.2. It uses accelstepper. On the teensy 3.6, calls to accelstepper such as stepper.moveTo (stroke); do not work as they did with the 3.2 I can do some testing with simple examples to try to narrow down the problem. My guess is...
  15. S

BMC encoder/decoder for teensy 3.1

I would like to write an encoder/decoder to store data as audio. I have a pretty good idea how to do this using biphase mark encoding. I had not worked out any of the details but was going to use either a change interrupt on the decoder or a timer or??? The encoder should be easier so I did not...
  16. S

program upload options

i have a very simple device that i will be selling to very computer naive users. i will probably use the teensy 2 because of the very minimal requirements. i would like to be able to give the user the option of upgrading the firmware without having to install an IDE or preferably anything...
  17. S

WAV table pulse generator

I am not real good at this sort of thing but I did create a sketch that used PWM output and a WAV table to output a sine wave pulse. I would like to do the same for the Teensy 3.1 using its true analog output. My code is specific to Arduino Due, I think. I want output directly from a pin. I do...
  18. S

advanced analog read soon?

PJRC is developing an advanced analog read function for Arduino, to make using these new analog input capabilities very easy. this is from the 3.1 page on PJRC site. is this available or will it be soon? i am not grat with controller data sheets and can use all the help i can get implementing...
  19. S

teensy 3.1 analog input

can the analog inputs on the teensy 3.1 (other than the analog only pins) measure 5 volts or do i need to use a voltage divider to scale my 5 volts signals to 3.3 volts?
  20. S

teensy 3 joystick stopped working???

i have a very simple sketch that reads each of two analog inputs, computes a running average and sends the result to two different joystick axis, X and Y. it was working for weeks and then was not working when i plugged it into the usb port again. i am using a win 8 64 bit computer and it was...
  21. S

teensy 2 joystick stopped working

i had a basic joystick sketch working but now the device is not seen at all by windows. the gamepad configuration utility identifies the teensy joystick but shows nothing on the test page. previously this did work. is there some procedure for uninstalling drivers that might be corrupted or...
  22. S

teensy 3 adc voltage input max?

while waiting for my teensy 2s to arrive i want to check out my input testing on the 3 that i have. i am using ratiometric hall effect sensors for input which really like to run on 5 volt minimum. they can produce as much as 5 volt output. i need to connect this to an analog input to eventually...
Back