Search results

1. sumotoy

Teensy Loader problems

Hi guys, after very long time it's nice to be here again and say hello to everybody using my hands again. after long time and long disease I finally get out, only sad for lost my mother in maintime... but I'm well and my wife and son perfect so I'm happy, really. Anyway, I was freaking out to...
  2. sumotoy

Studio DAC

Here's my DAC, I'm using in studio always from about an year and of course uses a Teensy as well. It uses an FPGA for clock syncro and D/A uses old Non over sampling D/A's (4 x channel) that can work at 192Khz thanhs to the hard work of FPGA (normally are stuck to 44.1-48Khz). Teensy drive 2...
  3. sumotoy

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Hello, since I'm using IDE 1.6.2 I have this annoyng problem, every time I send the code to Teensy I got the infamous "Build options changed, rebuilding all" and the entire code it's compiled again even if I changed just one bit. This is really annoying and it's a waste of time. I have tried...
  4. sumotoy

SDHC or SDIO on MK20DX256VLH7, possible?

Maybe I'm wrong but read somewhere that it's possible support SDHC or SDIO 2.0 with this chip. I'm only curious... :p
  5. sumotoy

SerialFlash filesystem question

I never used Serial Flash chip but just get the 'Prop Shield' so I started experimenting with Serial Flash Chip and my Teensy 3.2. I wroted the following really basic sketch to understand the file system but get weird results, maybe I've done something really stupid but try to understand what's...
  6. sumotoy

Pictiva 288x48 OLED library

I come across this obsolete display in the ebay market, probably dismissed because a failure in design. OSRAM decided to use a 288 wide display with a 96x64 RGB controller so they linked the each r,g,b pixel to obtain 288. At the end it works but it's a challenge to use it! It's high quality...
  7. sumotoy

RA8875 library

After long development process (mainly going around tons of chip bugs) the library for RA8875 it's almost usable: https://github.com/sumotoy/RA8875 Recently I added support for user fonts that render fast, but library support almost all RA features including internal fonts, ROM fonts, SPI...
  8. sumotoy

Teensy 3.1 and STM32F7-discovery

Some days ago I got a STM32F7-discovery board for 40 buks, really impressive amount of stuff in it but really soon I realize that coding for STM stuff it's not my wave, really messy, again this increased my love for Teensy. Btw I got the display, touch, usb and Audio stuff working and I used...
  9. sumotoy

ST7735, ILI9163C, a new approach.

Actually I'm using some spare time to redesign some library in my github and I have started with ST7735 as a playground for test new features. Here's the link https://github.com/sumotoy/TFT_ST7735 Apart speed optimizations and full SPI transaction support I have decided to experiment a new font...
  10. sumotoy

the infamous RA8875 (again!) pullups on every SPI pins

I'm working from time to time to discover the RA8875 chip but get stuck when I tried to connect other SPI devices, for example the SD library get stuck, etc. etc. No matter witch library I plan to use, after plug the oscilloscope I discover that apart the infamous MISO pin, even MOSI,CS and SCLK...
  11. sumotoy

Samsung S6D02A1 driver

Recently I got for very good price some TFT 128x160 that supposely be compatible to the well know ST7735 but unfortunatly absolutely not since they are based on Samsung S6D02A1! Those TFT are cheaper than ST7735 ones and now spreading in Ebay so I adapted the ST7735 library. A typica image of...
  12. sumotoy

Any experiences with FeRAM's?

FeRAM are ferroelectric ram that don't loose data when powered off and are much faster than flash, don't need write/erase page and can be readed/writed much more times than flash, also it cost resonabily low. I found some on the net: MR48V256ATAZBAAL (256K), MR45V064AMAZBATL (64k), all working...
  13. sumotoy

ILI9163C 128x128 TFT driver

ILI9163C 128x128 & ILI9340 240x320TFT driver Here's a working driver for ILI9163C 1.44" 128x128 (but can works with other resolution's TFT) SPI TFT, prolly the most cheap display available. I got several on ebay for about less than 4 Euro (free expedition) but I've seen even cheaper. Just...
  14. sumotoy

SSD1332 and SSD1331 fast drivers

OBSOLETE! All controllers now included in one library (tha support many SSD1331,SSD1332,SSD1322,SSD1351, more to come), it's much faster and uses the same commands/fonts/icons/images of my TFT_ series. It doesn't need adafruit GFX and finally works at any rotation (one of the reason I abandoned...
  15. sumotoy

easyT6963 Library

I've got some large 240x128 LCD graphic displays using T6963 controller, I was disappointed that can't find a decent library to drive it! U8glib it's very raw, does not use any of the special features of this chip and no Teensy3, or DUE support, just turn on and drive pixels in slowest mode...
  16. sumotoy

TS1638 Library

TM1638 Library TM1638 it's an inexpensive chip from Titan Micro normally find on several modules selled on ebay that consists in 8 displays 7Seg, several leds and 8 switches. These modules are cheap and there's already a library for that but not everyone knows that chip itself can handle 64 or...
  17. sumotoy

Screenkeys Library

I got several Screenkeys LC16 buttons from an auction in ebay for very cheap. These buttons have an LCD inside with multicolor background so I buildup a library for use several of this buttons without sacrifice pins from Teensy. These buttons are really expensive but actually it's not rare...
  18. sumotoy

GPIO expander chip library

Here's my attemp to create an unified library for drive many different GPIO chips form Microchip, NTX, MAXIM, TI and ON semiconductors that working with I2C and SPI protocols. Nothing really new but I finally fixed the Microchip library that now works as it should (the many libraries around woks...
  19. sumotoy

PT2313 audio chip

Maybe it's useful for someone. I build a simple library for PT2313 chip from Princeton Technology Corp, a inexpensive audio chip with 3 stereo input, volume, bass,treble,loudness,gain and 4 outs. I have 2 amped speakers from Creative at home with electronics out of order and replaced with this...
  20. sumotoy

verbose errors during compiling (not an issue)

Teensy3, IDE 1.15, Teeny 1.16, Win7/64Bit I'm able to reproduce only temp has trashed and verbose in compilig enabled First time I press compile: In file included from D:\M\Arduino-1.15TR16\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3\math_helper.h:33:0,from...
  21. sumotoy

Intelligent Led Matrix Display Library

They call 'Intelligent' but not really true... I've done my library for drive my collection of these displays that I use a lot in my projects. They use a lot of pins but I wrap a library around a SPI/GPIO extender so I will use 3 pins that thanks HAEN I can share with many others GPIO. Works...
  22. sumotoy

stupid problem with Serial.printxx in setup loop (teensy3 b10)

I have a stupid but annoying problem with Serial.print or Serial.println that it's never displayed in setup. OS win7(32bit) IDE beta12 Take as example this simple code: void setup() { Serial.begin(38400); Serial.println("started"); } void loop() { Serial.println("bip\n")...
  23. sumotoy

Wire compatibility

There's any plan to complete wire functions? I noticed that slave mode is still not implemented, endTrasmission not return any code (apart 0) and looking inside wire.cpp I just discovered that wire works only at 48 or 24 Mhz and I2C speed cannot be set apart 100Khz (at list by reading comments...
  24. sumotoy

Strange SPI error on Teensy3

I come across this recently during a library development. In brief, call any spi function without instantiate an SPI.begin() first, will cause a freeze of teensy board and a consequential "usb device not recognized..." OS system driver error! here's an example: #include <SPI.h> const int...
  25. sumotoy

2/3Wire LiquidCrystal Library

I will post pretty soon an efficent library for drive Hexa LCDs (same commands of LiquidCrystal) but use just 2 or 3 wires. It's based on a small hardware builded around MCP23s08 (for SPI) or MCP2308 (for I2C). It can be used on Arduino 0.23/1.x IDE and has code optimizations for teensy3.
  26. sumotoy

teensy 3 freeze

yesterday I connect my usb cable to teensy3 for reprogram and my wintel7 replied with a "unrecognized usb device doesn't work properly...". uh? ok, calm, changed usb port, again! damn... change computer, installed latest beta 8 on a win7 64, connected card...again! usb chip fried? prolly yes...
  27. sumotoy

TwoWire::endTransmission always return 0

I'm tying to write a simple I2C scanner but since seems I cannot use the twi.h lib I've tried to use the ability of wire.endTransmission() function to check if device acknoledge. small example byte dummy; for (char id=1; id<=100; id++) { Wire.beginTransmission(id)...
Back