Search results

1. M

Teensy 3.6 Parasitic Power?

Sorry, figured it out - the UART is idle-high, and the other device is sucking power out of the teensy that way.
  2. M

Teensy 3.6 Parasitic Power?

Bit of a strange question - I have another device connected to most of the GPIOs on a Teensy 3.6. The device is externally powered. When I shut off power to the device, it seems that I'm still getting some parasitic power from the Teensy's GPIO pins. I've got all of the pins set to INPUT and I'm...
  3. M

Problems getting a Teensy 3.6 into bootloader

Hi all, So I'm having a mysterious problem reprogramming a Teensy 3.6 in the field. On my desk, I have a 3.6 plugged into a Raspberry Pi. I have a hex file compiled by Teensyduino. I use teensy_loader_cli -s --mcu=TEENSY36 -v -w firmware.hex The teensy soft-reboots, I see Teensyduino Serial...
  4. M

Strange SPI error on Teensy3

I think I'm having this same issue. Trying to use SPI without SPI.begin() causes the teensy3 to hang and not enumerate, even if Serial.begin() precedes SPI access.
  5. M

Teensy 3 won't enumerate on USB

I would not trust a 12v USB charger, especially if it's an inexpensive one like those available at every gas station counter, to put out a clean voltage for your Teensy. It's hard to tell without an oscilloscope, but you might need some capacitor filtering across the 5V going into the teensy...
  6. M

Teensy3 + Mac + Serial = :[

Ah, right, ok. I just realized that the loader won't actually reprogram while something is holding the port open, since it obviously can't connect and set the baud rate. I guess my problems stem from pushing the button while the port is held open. Perhaps some sort of trigger safety cover? :)
  7. M

I can only imagine. I'm not looking forward to getting this working on Windows. It does. I'm not too familiar with it, but it looks like it should be possible - :~ max$ lsof | grep usb CoolTerm 3165 max 9u CHR 33,47 0t5 799 /dev/cu.usbmodem13971 You have some sort of...
  8. M

Unsolicited question/suggestion about the Apple driver issue - Would it be possible to add (maybe as an option) the ability to warn the user that their Teensy's serial port is being held open by some other program, before attempting to program? Or, is there any way to have the Teensy close the...
  9. M

Dropping Packets?

Hi Forum, I'm trying to move a large amount of data through a Teensy3. I'm writing packets in chunks of 64, and using readBytes(buffer, 64) to grab them, but I'm coming up short of chunks on the Teensy side. It seems I'm only getting around 48-52 chunks each time I send a series of 64 chunks...
  10. M

WS2811 on Teensy 3.0 using FastSPI_LED library

Real late to the party here. We founded Blinkiverse as an offshoot of the HackRockCity Domestar project. We've got some good, working (if not polished) stuff for driving large amounts of the LPD8806 style strips: https://github.com/blinkiverse/blinkyboard8...
Back