Search results

1. ipaq3115

'Over the Air' firmware updates, changes for flashing Teensy 3.5 & 3.6

Man, if only I had a dollar for every time I've said pretty much the same thing... This would make a great poster! lol I've learned not to blame anybody until I'm really sure it's not my fault. I find lots of bugs that way! Also awesome that you posted the whole breakdown. Somebody will read...
  2. ipaq3115

Sounds sorta like a sneaky bug in the unrelated code. Writing to an array index that is negative or out of bounds or similar. Can cause all sorts of impossible to diagnose behaviors. I would go over everything between versions with a fine toothed comb and comment them out one at a time until it...
  3. ipaq3115

Teensy 3.5 spotted in Hacksmith Railgun video

Pretty cool Teensy powered project. https://youtu.be/qXXYkxCSiUY?t=685
  4. ipaq3115

Looks like you are getting stuck inside that "while (!hex.eof)" loop which calls parse_hex_line multiple times on the same databuf before it get's updated. Need to exit out of there and more code to determine when you are done and it's time to flash.
  5. ipaq3115

Interesting, I forgot I'm behind a few versions, on Teensyduino 1.53. That's where the 0x007FFFFF came from. I was just reading the newest eeprom.c and realized the MicroMod Teensy has 16MB of flash, that's where the 0x00FFFFFF write limit comes from. EEPROM moves to 0x60FC0000 also. So...
  6. ipaq3115

Found something else. Looks like the flash write/erase functions in flasherX were from before the T41 came out so there's a 2MB 'AND' in there on the address. Easy fix here, also added some address error checking. Pretty much guaranteed to fail and corrupt your current code if you have a 2MB+...
  7. ipaq3115

I tried this on my T4.1 and it looks like FLASH_RESERVE is too small? I have data in my EEPROM section and the init stops at 0x607FC000 with a length of zero. From what I can see reading eeprom.c there are 63 sectors for EEPROM emulation, and the last sector is for the blink program. So...
  8. ipaq3115

Over the air updates

Yeah, look at the difference between what you are printing out before and what the error prints. :10010000D804180800000000000000000000000000 :10010000D8041808000000000000000000000000 First one is the right length so there is something happening between those two outputs in addition to the...
  9. ipaq3115

Over the air updates

That looks like a properly formed line. 43 bytes is the correct length, the first two characters '10' is the number of bytes of data in hex and since it's all ascii there are two ascii characters per byte represented, hence the len * 2 part. Then there are a total of 11 characters that represent...
  10. ipaq3115

Over the air updates

I have not. However it's pretty straight forward because the library is meant to be adapted for whatever you want. A hex file is just lines of text, you can read it in any text editor. You'll need to read each line of that file and pass it to the flash_hex_line(string) function in the flasher4...
  11. ipaq3115

Over the air updates

Hey guys, I've been trying to get T3.6 OTA working. It's almost there, but I'm crashing on the flash move. I can actually flash a super small hex file as long as it can flash completely before the address where the flash move crashes. Maybe somebody with more knowledge here would want to take a...
  12. ipaq3115

More info on compile errors?

Yeah, that's why I was confused. This is the entire error text in the Arduino output log. Of course. I didn't want to bug you guys with debugging my huge code. I was just hoping there was some hidden place to find more errors that I could follow. For some reason I was having a heck of a time...
  13. ipaq3115

Yeah, I saw that but I figured that happened because the library couldn't be compiled for some other reason? The constructor for iWrap is there and this library compiles just fine in an older version of arduino/teensyduino so I figure something in the compiler is changed. Is there no other...
  14. ipaq3115

This is the full output. I can't find any actual errors though. All I see are warnings which shouldn't stop it from compiling right? Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), TD: 1.41, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 24 MHz, Faster, US English"...
  15. ipaq3115

Hey guys, is there anyway to get more info on a compile error than what I can see with verbose mode in the arduino log? I've got a library that compiles on older versions of arduino/teensyduino but won't compile on the latest. (arduino 1.8.5 teensyduino 1.41) It's a fairly large library and I'm...
  16. ipaq3115

Any Chance of a Teensy ++ 3.1?

I'm all for as many UARTs as possible. I kinda like PTC8 - PTC15, gives UART3 and UART4 in addition to the 16 on C. Also leaves just enough room to bring out that low power UART as well.
  17. ipaq3115

Unless I'm mistaken, that could hold two full frames of a 220x220 screen in RAM and still have almost as much space left as the Teensy 3.1 has to begin with :D
  18. ipaq3115

That's been done in the form of an expansion board. Not as compact as a dedicated board, but a pretty good solution. https://www.tindie.com/products/loglow/teensy-31-breakout/?pt=full_prod_search
  19. ipaq3115

Well if you're looking for votes on which way to go I'm more excited about the Teensy 3++. More UARTs and 16 pins on the same register (for driving LCDs) would be awesome :D
  20. ipaq3115

Introducing the Pi Watch - We're on Kickstarter!

Hey defragster, I got your email but I figured I'd just reply here. Teensy LC is certainly possible, we'll have to wait and see how much Paul decides to charge for the bootloader chip, if/when he decides to sell it. I'm sure he's pretty busy with actual Teensy LC hardware/software at the...
  21. ipaq3115

Teensy 3.1 and UTFT Library

Yeah, you're right on the first part. It's arranged that way for the sake of write speeds. On the teensy 3.1 it uses port D and port B like this: *(volatile uint8_t *)(&GPIOD_PDOR) = VH; GPIOB_PCOR = 0x000F000F; // clear data lines B0-3,B16-19 GPIOB_PSOR = (0x0F & VL) | ((VL >> 4) <<...
  22. ipaq3115

Redirect Output from SdFat library to Uart

Glad to help!
  23. ipaq3115

Serial to VGA connection

If you don't need lots of speed the 4D systems board kjn linked to is a great answer and easy to program. I've used their products before with a serial port connection to a Teensy for everything not display related. Worked great.
  24. ipaq3115

Redirect Output from SdFat library to Uart

I haven't ever tried this before but it looks like you should be able to do something like sd.ls(&Serial1, "/", LS_R); It compiles but I'm not set up to test that at the moment. Should work though.
  25. ipaq3115

We do have a few working prototypes if you want to see one. You can PM me or email tim[at]thepiwatch.com if you want to set up a time.
  26. ipaq3115

Teensy 3.1 + Neopixel ring: Light show only works the first time after uploading!

Awesome! Since that for loop in fadeOut has i < 255 the last value of i should be 254 which would set the brightness to 1, just for future reference. I imagine it was probably close enough to zero to have the same effect though. Glad you figured it out!
  27. ipaq3115

Teensy 3.1 + Neopixel ring: Light show only works the first time after uploading!

Also, this line might give you issues after you get the LEDs working The pushNumber++ part adds one to pushNumber all by itself but it returns the value that pushnumber was before it had one added to it. So once this line is done pushNumber gets one added and then gets set back to the previous...
  28. ipaq3115

What are you trying to do here? I'm guessing that's where the problem is. You use 'strip' in some places and 'pixels' in other places. Unless you have two different strips of LEDs you should only have one of these. You'll want to just pick one and use that everywhere. For instance, if you...
  29. ipaq3115

Haha, isn't that the truth! I feel like it should have a bluetooth module and a SGTL5000 connected to some nice speakers too... maybe this one should have it's own kickstarter ;)
  30. ipaq3115

A wise man indeed! Thanks! It's always helpful to have other's perspectives, especially since we are still pretty new to the world of marketing products to people. I think you are right on in the above points. I think the blog coverage is a huge part of it too, we figured we could just send...
  31. ipaq3115

I will reiterate what we said in the Kickstarter: This forum is filled with great people! While we did get a little sidetracked with the open source discussion, most of what we are learning about crowd funding is very helpful. Will the Pi Watch campaign be funded? At this point we are not on...
  32. ipaq3115

We did link to the repository in the project description at the same that time we released the update on open source. However, you're right, we should have linked to them in that update as well. We'll make sure to mention it in the next update, or possibly give it it's own so that it's more obvious.
  33. ipaq3115

Yeah, now that we have prototypes built that we are using we'll have to see if the RTC is good enough for our uses. To be honest, I unfortunately haven't spend a lot of in depth time with the BC127 yet so I'm not sure on bandwidth. I'm working on the library right now but it's been taking a...
  34. ipaq3115

Battery size is 480mAh and we just put up some estimates on the kickstarter page for how long it should last in some simple configurations. This is another excellent reason we went with the Teensy. We can run video at 17 fps overclocked at 120MHz and then reconfigure the clocks into a 2MHz mode...
  35. ipaq3115

Thank you! We greatly appreciate the support!
  36. ipaq3115

I'm glad you like it! Yeah, I've already had somebody else ask me about source code. I really should have made sure that was up earlier, but it's up now. There will be an update to the kickstarter page as soon as I get a free moment. You can find it here https://github.com/ipaq3115
  37. ipaq3115

Yeah, that was exactly my first impression too as well when I saw the drawing for this design. However, it really doesn't come across that way in real life. Admittedly, now that you mention this, I realize we don't have many pulled back shots with somebody wearing it. I'll have to see if we get...
  38. ipaq3115

Hey there everybody! We've just launched our Kickstarter project, a round smartwatch with the Teensy 3.1 at it's core. Take a look and let us know what you think! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/958981650/the-pi-watch-a-programmable-open-source-smartwatch
  39. ipaq3115

Double divide corrupting on the Teensy 3.1?

Yeah, I see how 0.2 is a problem but since there are 16 digits of resolution I'm thinking 0.2 really looks more like 200000000000000 with an exponent of 15 or wherever the computer decides that two ends up in the integer. Doesn't seem to me like you'd have a real fraction until that 2 got pushed...
  40. ipaq3115

I'm still not sure I understand. I get that there would be different fractions that wouldn't display precisely in a different base, but I don't understand why fractions make a difference, is it something to do with the divide operation that's going on? Using different math that takes the decimal...
  41. ipaq3115

I'm converting a set of long GPS coordinates to doubles so that I can manipulate them. Everything seems to be working as it should except that there is an error or something when dividing the coordinate down so that the decimal lines up. Here's the function I'm playing with I split it up to...
  42. ipaq3115

Teensy 3.0, REFS0 and REFS1 missing?

Whoops, sorry about that... should have checked my link. Here is the right one http://code.google.com/p/waverp/downloads/list
  43. ipaq3115

Teensy 3.0, REFS0 and REFS1 missing?

Hey guys, I'm trying to compile the library for the Adafruit audio shield (found here) and I'm stuck at this error. Compiles fine with all of the Arduino boards and the other teensy boards, only fails with the teensy 3.0. Here's the compiler output when I try to compile their WaveRecordPlay...
Back