Search results

1. F

Updates to new yield.cpp code

Paul, I'm merging in changes from TeensyDuino 1.20 release for Teensy 3.x into my baseline code.. I saw that there is new yield.cpp code. There was a comment in that code that asked if it needed to be atomic. Maybe the code doesn't absolutely need to be atomic depending on how perfectly...
  2. F

Safe to hook LiON battery to Vbat?

Hi, I think this is a question for Paul. I have a Teensy 3.0 and I want to protect the RTC from power loss by connecting our LiON battery to the Vbat pin. And that is what I have done on my first prototype. But before I build up more boards I'm wondering if what I did is "safe" and couldn't harm...
  3. F

Minor fix in 3.18

Paul, I happened to notice that the code in serial3.c didn't use new IRQ_PRIORITY in NVIC_SET_PRIORITY call.
  4. F

Watchdog initialization problem

Hi all, I've been trying to get the Teensy3.0 watchdog timer to work with the low power oscillator (LPO) clock source. I was having no luck until I got hooked up to a Freescale support engineer who gave me some simple example code he said "worked for him". Well even that simple code didn't work...
  5. F

Want to reconfigure Teensy3 FlexRam/FlexNVM for EEPROM and data flash

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to switch my Teensy3 from the "standard" EEPROM setup Paul provides to a custom one. The standard setup is that the 2KB Flexram and 32KB of FlexNVM are used together to provide 2KB of EEPROM. I wanted to switch to have 8KB of Data Flash and then use the other...
  6. F

C++ constructors for static objects in functions don't seem to be called.

I had some code that was working just fine measuring elapsed time using C++ elapsedMillis objects that were defined as static objects at file level scope (ie outside any functions). To improve maintainability I moved some of the static elapsed time objects into the functions they were associated...
  7. F

ADC problems in BSP analog.c I think.

Paul, I'm adapting the ADC code you provide in the BSP analog.c source file for my own application. Primarily I need to change it to support the LLS low power mode which resets the ADC each time you go to sleep. I found some issues in working with the code and testing it. 1) The way you trigger...
  8. F

I don't think critical sections work (interrupt locking)

I'm trying to port some code I've used on many other systems/OSes. It uses critical sections to safeguard manipulating critical data. When I look at the Teensy 3 code it looks like the code simply uses __disable_irq and __enable_irq to surround critical sections. The problem is that those...
  9. F

Getting a way to detect data output completion

Hi, I'm wondering if there would be some way to change the API for "serial" data output such that you could query whether all the output was complete? As part of adding support for low power operation I would like to avoid going into low power mode (which disables things like the USB and UART...
  10. F

Assertions don't work on Teensy 3.0

Hi, I like to use "assertions" in my programs to help find problems and help make code that is more reliable. But the standard definitions of assertions for the Teensy 3.0 software doesn't work. Even a simple example made by modifying the standard Blink.ino example shows the problem that pops...
  11. F

Compiler warning in usb_serial.c on teensy3

Paul, When I compile code for my teensy3 I get a warning in usb_serial.c. This isn't a new warning but persists even in the latest 1.14 rc3 version. I think it's a simple case that you need to add an include of string.h in that file. The compile statement and warning is...
Back