Search results

1. P

IntervalTimer and Audio library

Hi. it's me again, and I'm messing up the audio library, again :) I tried to create some IntervalTimers to call functions, but it seems it messes up with the Audio interrupts and creates some glitchy noises. Well, what would be the correct way to use timed interrupts with the audio library? :)...
  2. P

Teensy Drum Machine build

Hey Every one! First of all id like to thank Paul (and everyone else) for the hard work on Teensy, the Audio board, and the library. From the first day I've heard about it I started dreaming of an Elenktron style drum machine based on Teensy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS1UVMhnrFA So...
  3. P

Recorder code hack

Its here https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/blob/master/play_memory.cpp https://youtu.be/NS1UVMhnrFA This is what I have so far. I had to use a filter on the kick to remove the horrible digital ring modulator effect when setting the sample speed below 1. But negative (reverse) speeds work...
  4. P

Recorder code hack

Haaah was as simple as adding a couple of lines in the play_memory.cpp file. phase_incr is a float multiplier of the playback speed. 1 is normal speed, 0.5 half speed, 2, double speed. Tried it with a square wave playing C note, seems to be okay. index = phase; tmp32 = in[index]; *out++ =...
  5. P

Recorder code hack

hey also looking for something like this. changing the sampling clock would affect all the samples though? Looking at the mozzi sample code which can do this nicely, looks like it is implemented with a wavetable player too. How would you go about doing this? I am looking at the synth_waveform...
  6. P

Oscillating inputs to linear

Hello, I know this might be very trivial DSP question, but I'm really terrible at maths. For example if I am reading a signal that is centered around 512 and is oscillating from 0 to 1024 when engaged. But I would like to get a smooth curve from 0 to 1024 showing how strong the signal is...
  7. P

usbMIDI sendRealTime

thanks for the details. Still cant seem to get it though..
  8. P

usbMIDI sendRealTime

I've been trying to add a function in usb_midi.h but the midi clock doesn't go through. any ideas?
  9. P

usbMIDI sendRealTime

Hello, Is there an equivalent function for the USB MIDI like the sendRealTime() and sendSongPosition() commands of the DIN MIDI library? Thanks.
  10. P

reset pinMode

Any luck testing this? I tried it with a teensy 2 ++ and it works fine. but i don't have another 3.5v controller apart from teensy 3 to rule out that those sensors don't play nicely with that voltage
  11. P

reset pinMode

please try, because i'm at total loss right now.. also the sensors resistance across X plate reads 95 Kohm this should work int tPin1= A3; int tPin2= A2; int tPin3= A1; int tPin4= A0; int pressure, x, y; void setup(){ Serial.begin(true); } void loop(){ //set pins for x...
  12. P

reset pinMode

my bad, wasn't totally clear on that point. any ideas what might be going on?
  13. P

reset pinMode

I tried with two Teensy 3.1, green and black ones. Double confirm that it works fine on an Arduino Uno. Maybe the touch sensor doesn't play well with 3.3 volts.. Its basically one of those 4 wire resistive XY position sensors. wired up like this http://make.larsi.org/electronics/TouchScreen/ So...
  14. P

reset pinMode

thanks! Any pointers on using the config register? I also forgot to mention that I have 1Mo resistors to pull the values to 0 when the touch screen is not pressed. could that be making things worse?
  15. P

reset pinMode

It's clearly a teensy specific issue, I tried the exact same code on an Arduino UNO and it works fine both ways..
  16. P

reset pinMode

Hi, I've researched a bit and found out that by default all pins are set to INPUT, though that is not true, I'm trying to read resistance across a touch sensor and constantly have to switch between pin modes. If I set the pinMode to INPUT on a pin that should be floating I get a completely...
  17. P

USB-MIDI to Digital Pin(HIGH) code

haha ok maybe the second method would have saved you all the typing! by the way you can also set the pinModes inside a loop to further make the code more compact You have to first set the USB Type to "MIDI" under the Tools menu in your Arduino IDE. PS: Teensy 3.0 is running on 3.3V so the...
  18. P

a switch statement is built in c++ programming language, pretty much like the if statement (it is basically a collection of if statements) it checks the values of the variable in the parenthesis, and executes the bit that matches. http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson5.html OnNoteOn and...
  19. P

Hi Krista You can use the note parameter of the event handler function to determine which pin to set up you can make a simple switch block like switch(note){ case 60: digitalWrite(1,HIGH); break; case 61: digitalWrite(2,HIGH); break; ... etc } and in the same manner for the noteOff...
  20. P

TouchScreen and Teensy 3?

Hi everybody again. I would like to ask anybody who ever used those 4-pin XY resitive display sensors for some advice/notes.. http://make.larsi.org/electronics/TouchScreen/ I got the hang of switching the pins, but get really unstable readings, also if the display is not pressed the readings...
  21. P

Teensy 3.1 DAC audio output

it measures around 0.8v to 1.05v
  22. P

i can't seem to get any signal.. do i need to change something in the code to get the DAC output?
  23. P

Hi I'm trying to get that to work. How Exactly do I wire the audio output without the audio shield?
  24. P

Double Stacking Teensy

maybe you could also wire all the buttons to one teensy, and then have the two communicate through i2c and tell the second controller to send out identical midi messages.
  25. P

Encoder De-Bouncing

Hey there, I didn't want to hijack another encoder thread as this is about slightly something else. I'm using this rotary encoder from sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10596 and running the example code for Encoder library. But I'm getting a lot of repeated values if I twist the knob...
  26. P

Arduino 1.0.5 + Teensy 3 + I2C = not working

Great source indeed thank you very much!
  27. P

Oddly enough, I didn't since it worked fine with the older version.. I just added two 4.7k resistors and it worked again like a charm. Thank you very much. Though I still can't understand how would the IDE version would make any difference..
  28. P

It compiles and uploads but the I2C chips won't respond. But I'm on windows. I actually haven't checked if the board is responding. Give me a sec to try that EDIT: The board does not crash, just the I2C chips do not respond.
  29. P

you're right. I also forgot to mention that i'm using the Adafruit MCP23017 library I have a multiplexed grid of LED's connected to the expander. Here's my code: #include <Wire.h> #include "Adafruit_MCP23017.h" Adafruit_MCP23017 mcp; void setup() { mcp.begin(1); // address is 1...
  30. P

[SOLVED] Arduino 1.0.5 + Teensy 3 + I2C = not working Hey everybody I have two MCP23008 and MCP23017 chips I'm trying to run with Teensy 3. If I compile and run the code with Arduino 1.0.5 it won't work. But if I open the exactly same sketch with my older Arduino 1.0.3 install it works...
  31. P

Multiple MIDI devices

Hello every one! I'd like to thank every one who worked on this wonderful microcontroller! It's amazing! I've done now a couple of MIDI controllers based on Teensy++ 2 and Teensy 3, I also changed their names in usb_private.h so that they show up as different devices. But the problem is if I...
Back