Search results

1. A

Hydro powering Teensy + screen

thanks for your help, Michael! fingers crossed I've worked out a solution now...
  2. A

A bit of an update, on the microscopic chance that anyone wants to attempt this in the future... I bought a voltage converter and added this into my circuit - I went for this multipack from Amazon, which appealed to me mainly because of the variable control of the voltage output. Long story...
  3. A

oh yes, I should have mentioned that I'm trying to avoid the battery route. for various reasons I'm hoping to make something that *only* runs when the water is running, and I figured the best way to enforce that is to just use the raw power being generated by the turbine. I recognize this is...
  4. A

I'm trying to get a project going that involves a Teensy 3.2 running a simple game, displaying on a 2.2" TFT display (this one). The catch - I'd like to make it fully hydro powered (and self contained, i.e., not connected to mains water supply). After trying to make my own water mill system...
  5. A

Teensy 3.2 + Audio Board. Problem reading from SD card

In case anyone else in the future is running into this problem: I appear to have fixed it by mounting the audio board directly (or nearly so) onto the Teensy using a silly-looking system of longer pins. I guess using wires to connect the two introduces too much interference or something for the...
  6. A

Teensy 3.2 + Audio Board. Problem reading from SD card

I'm having a strange problem reading audio files from an SD card whilst using a Teensy 3.2 and the Teensy Audio board. Symptoms are: - The audio board hardware test (Part_1_02_Hardware_test) example works fine. I hear the beeps coming out of the audio board headphone socket. - None of the...
  7. A

Audio shield sampler 2 channel playback/recording problem

I'm currently building a two-buffer audio sampler using a Teensy 3.1 and the audio shield. Messy code below...I recognize that it's very poorly constructed! My design uses four buttons, two for each buffer. Each buffer has a play/stop button, and a record button. The current problem is very...
  8. A

Using analog input for audio library filter

Thanks for all the help, I'm pretty happy with this solution I've worked out. It uses a sine wave to set the filter frequency. Sounds nice and smooth now. Posting here for anyone who happens to find this thread. I've now run into a separate problem, so it's time for a new thread! #include...
  9. A

Thanks a bunch robsoles, some really great feedback and suggestions there. I've had some good results with another method as well, so I'll do some comparisons and report back on what work best!
  10. A

ah ha, I think I've got the solution - using the filter (rather than the biquad), and using a signal input to control it... if that definitely works i'll post the fixed code in case anyone else makes the same mistake. (any other tips are still welcome, of course!)
  11. A

I'm just getting started with the audio shield and audio library, it's great fun. I'm working on a little test sampler which records a single channel of audio. That part works great. I'd also like to use a potentiometer to control a filter on the playback. It's just about working in the...
  12. A

TEA5767 radio module on teensy?

If anyone's interested, here is my first test of my midi-keyboard-radio: http://instagram.com/p/utAFiBHFxI/ the main thing to fix is I need to rig a better antenna!
  13. A

Hey, that seems to have done the trick! I just put in a 10k ohm resistor between A4 and 3.3V and A5 and 3.3V and it started working right away. Thanks a bunch for the help!
  14. A

I've finally gotten started on this project. I'm afraid I haven't yet managed to get a TEA5767 working with my Teensy 3.0. I've tried to find the simplest code possible as a starting point, here's what I'm using: #include <Wire.h> unsigned char frequencyH = 0; unsigned char frequencyL = 0...
  15. A

Thanks so much for the info and the code pxgator! I'm happy that it will work with my teensys. With any luck I'll start experimenting next week, I'll post any developments here. Cheers!
  16. A

I'm thinking about assigning each midi note value a radio frequency. that way I can program drum patterns in Max/MSP or Ableton or something and output them through USB MIDI to the Teensy/TEA5767, creating constantly shifting sequences that change along with the radio stations. I could also...
  17. A

Heya! I just learned about these cool looking small FM radio modules: http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/TEA5767Radio I was wondering whether that code library would work on a Teensy? I've ordered some anyway (I can always just use an arduino), so I'm happy to test if no one has done so...
  18. A

touchRead on pin 0 not working

Hi there, I'm using the touchRead library on a number of pins on my Teensy 3.1, and for the most part it's working great. The only exception is pin 0, which is marked as a Touch pin on the reference card. When I try to print the output of touchRead(0) I just get a steady stream of "65535" in...
  19. A

here's some USB MIDI controller code

Hey folks Just thought this might be handy for some - I've posted some relatively flexible and straightforward code on my website for using Teensy boards as USB MIDI controllers. It's only MIDI input, but that's still pretty fun. I have some good code for MIDI output too, but I need to format...
  20. A

Teensy 3 + Ableton, Analog CC causes midi crash.

That would probably be useful! It might also be useful to include a separate example dedicated to usbMIDI.sendControlChange(), just like the one you posted to help me. I think a lot of people want to make USB MIDI devices with potentiometers and other analog inputs, it might be helpful to them...
  21. A

Hi Paul, thanks for the quick response. It looks like that has solved the MIDI crashing in Live, thanks so much! Ableton still occasionally flashes the orange "midi overload" box, but it is no longer shutting down all the teensy midi activity. that's brilliant. I'm pretty sure I can fix that...
  22. A

Teensy 3.0 USB MIDI crashing?

I'm having a similar problem, just posted about it here: http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/24179-Teensy-3-Ableton-Analog-CC-causes-midi-crash Did you ever figure this out?
  23. A

Hi! I'm trying to use my new Teensy 3.0 as a USB MIDI device. It seems to work great for digital inputs, such as the 'Buttons' example. However I'm hoping to use it mostly for analog inputs, potentiometers and so on. I've tried a number of different approaches to the code, but the most basic...
Back