Search results

1. C

How to learn Arduino / How to Learn C

Interestingly the Teensy documentation provides information on using it with pure C (not C++)
  2. C

How to learn Arduino / How to Learn C

Hi, I am somebody who is a solid Javascript programmer and knows a bit about Python 3. I am absolutely fascinated by microcontrollers and really want to master them as well as I can. I have repeatedly heard Arduino described as a simple or beginners IDE and language. I am curious to hear...
  3. C

Processing Screen Capture

I know this is not generally the forum for this thing but I thought I would try: Does anyone know of a good screen capture / screen scraper library for Processing? I'm trying to get an image of a video I'm playing into Processing. Thanks.
  4. C

Best (free) online tutorial series to learn Arduino and electronics

I know this is a somewhat subjective question but I am looking for the best all around tutorial series on arduino. Ideally this would cover basic electronics (what is ground, what is a circuit etc.) and also explain things like i2c, (which I still don't understand), clock rate, baud rate etc...
  5. C

Making a DMX breakout board for all teensy form factors

Thank you for your help. I obviously need to learn to be a better question asker, something I will do. This forum is a great resource.
  6. C

I see...So is the advantage of using the hardware serial port that you can use the FIFO? Are there any other benefits? This means the RS-485 transceiver/driver can not receive and drive at the same time? If I were to use to MAX485s could I do this? So a Teensy could drive 512 channels of DMX...
  7. C

It will be transmitting. I'm interested in why it matters (because I'd love to do both) but it will be transmitting DMX
  8. C

Hello, I am wanting to develop a breakout board or shield (still not sure of the technical difference) that will work with all version of Teensy. Specifically I am looking to make a shield that accommodates an XLR plug for adding DMX capability to the teensys. Does anyone have advice about how...
  9. C

I2C Communication

Thanks for your help Constantin
  10. C

I2C Communication

Thank you both for the information. Basically I have sensors that I am trying to read now that Firmata has support for i2c, and it looks like Maxuino has added some i2c functionality that I am looking to explore. One sensor I am trying to read is the ADXL-345 accelerometer. From Sparkfun...
  11. C

I2C Communication

Thank you for the answer. I do see some conflicting information about data rates for i2c, is it defined by the microcontroller (teensy in this case) or the i2c protocol or the i2c device itself? It looks like 100kHz is the standard data rate which corresponds to about 15 kBytes/second, do you...
  12. C

I2C Communication

Hi, I wanting to begin using the i2c protocol and have a few basic questions. Does anyone know if i2c offers the same (10 Bit) resolution that normal analog pins do?
Back