Search results

1. C

Remote weather station, first hardware project

I ran a remote weather station all last year (shed in back yard no power to it) with https://www.tindie.com/products/xorbit/lifepo4weredsolar1/ If you live in a climate where it gets below freezing solar get more complicated as you will damage cell when trying to charge below 32F. This board...
  2. C

Need help with FT800 using Gameduino 2 libraries on Teensy 3.6

#include <EEPROM.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <GD2.h> void setup() { pinMode(4, OUTPUT); // FT800 Power Down (reset) input digitalWrite(4, HIGH); // Set PD# high to start delay(20); SPI.setMOSI(7); // Audio shield has MOSI on pin 7 SPI.setSCK(14); // Audio shield has SCK...
  3. C

Need help with FT800 using Gameduino 2 libraries on Teensy 3.6

Here is something to try: you must set the value in the GD2.ccp file (Line 6): #define PROTO 1 -> #define PROTO 0
  4. C

Would like advice on daylight viewable TFT LCD

http://www.newhavendisplay.com/nhd43rtpshieldn-p-9523.html Wrong size and expensive. 4dsystems make some high brightness displays will have SB for super bright in the model number but I think only in larger that 3.5 inch. Will follow thread with interest as I need a display for a bike computer...
  5. C

Ant+ libarary and USB driver for Teensy 3.5/6

http://www.newhavendisplay.com/development-tools-shields-and-capes-c-979_981.html, some of these look interesting. The FT800 based should run the Gameduino 2 code.
  6. C

Success! Just received parts from PJRC, generic Ant+ module working initially with HRM and with a little tweak cadence.
  7. C

Teensy 3.6 I2C to talk to Analog Front End XR18910

From the data sheet I am seeing the I2C address as 67. You might want to run the scanner example in the wire library and see what you can see. Very interesting chip let me know if you get it working.
  8. C

Thanks very much for the library, I have been thinking about making a bike computer for years. I have ordered a generic ant+ usb stick form Amazon and have parts coming from PJRC. With sunlight readable required does anyone have any display suggestions?
  9. C

Options for 'bare-metal' development

@Mr Mayhem, dynamic height sensing? Would be an incredible solution for hobby level CNC machines (Shapeoko, Carvey, OXO...........) anything you can share? Perhaps start a new thread?
  10. C

ERV travails

Thanks, have one on order :)
  11. C

ERV travails

Part# source of wind sensor?
  12. C

Teensy 3.x multithreading library first release

Oddly enough the "Print" example works on the 3.6.
  13. C

Teensy 3.x multithreading library first release

Just downloaded latest, running "tests" on a 3.2 everything looks good, on a 3.6 get "Error while setting serial port parameters: 115,200 N 8 1" everytime the sketch tries to print to TeensyMonitor. Running 1.8.0 on Windows 10.
  14. C

Teensy Convolution SDR (Software Defined Radio)

Thanks for the reply. I had looked at SoftRock and Eektor and it seemed the price of admission was pretty low with the SoftRock board, will look again at the Elector shield.
  15. C

Teensy Convolution SDR (Software Defined Radio)

I want to play! Will this work as a front end "SoftRock Lite II Combined Receiver Kit"?
  16. C

RGB LED Ring for Compass Project -- Teensy 3.2 + NeoPixel Ring?

Just thought I would point out the leds are "static" and do not have to be continually refreshed, set and forget until something needs changed.
  17. C

Zerynth (formerly Viper) vs MicroPython

Looks like Micropython is getting some momentum, Adafruit has just added a section in their Learn category for Micropython. For what its worth I tried to get Zeynth running on a Particle Photon several times with no luck ( Windows issues).
  18. C

Teensy 3.6 microSD pins?

You might check out https://github.com/WMXZ-EU/uSDFS
  19. C

Pitch Detection on an ADC input

Arduino 1.6.11 T1.30 beta 3
  20. C

My hardware is using Paul's bias circuit on A2, using A2 instead of A6 everything is working. Note: 1092.84 | Probability: 0.96 Note: 1092.60 | Probability: 0.99 Note: 1092.79 | Probability: 0.99 Note: 1092.03 | Probability: 0.99 Note: 1092.40 | Probability: 0.99 Note: 1092.33 | Probability...
  21. C

Are you using Paul's circuit to bias the ADC input?
  22. C

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #1 Available

Working for me on Raspberry PI 3, with latest upgrades, 25 sec to compile and download blink.
  23. C

Teensy 3.2 as HMI display (Editor development)

I agree, lots of ways to generate graphical layouts, adding the code to make functional widgets is the hard part. pyqt is the interface library for python, pyuic5 process's the "form.ui" file and generates transportable python code that creates the graphical ui and runs all the widgets. Not...
  24. C

The thought was to use the QT ui designer as the front end tool, parse that ( I think the output from QT is XML ), upload the resulting ( code, description file,....?) to the teensy HMI board. Sorry for the way I think ( express myself ), lots getting lost through the language barrier :) The...
  25. C

Currently building an HMI on a Raspi ( to control a teensy with audio board ) using QT. Having stuck my toe in that pond I am finding it quite cold, the process on the Raspi is to just use the .ui file and parse that through a python post processor to generate python code, would something...
  26. C

Teensy loader for Raspberry Pi?

Programing with Pi 2 I can get drag and drop to work but cannot directly enter a file name.
  27. C

Teensy Audio playMem Feature Available Storage Space

You might check out the Prop Board it has memory on board.
  28. C

Pitch detection

// // Part 2-1: Using the Microphone /////////////////////////////////// // copy the Design Tool code here /////////////////////////////////// #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code...
  29. C

Pitch detection

Your best bet on understanding the signal flow would be to lay this out in the audio design tool. One possible solution would be to replace: AudioConnection patchCord2(mixer, 0, notefreq, 0); with AudioConnection patchCord2(playSdWav1, 0, notefreq, 0);
  30. C

Prop Shield Beta Test

Downloaded, marked executable from gui, double clicked, comes up fine just no port.
  31. C

Prop Shield Beta Test

Under Ubantu 14.04 do not get a port using MotionCal.linux64, menu item is there nothing under it when clicked. Can see the data spew in serial monitor but with monitor closed nothing in MotionCal.
  32. C

A higher end ILI9341?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-inch-Graphical-LCD-Touchscreen-480x272-SPI-interface-FTDI-EVE-FT800-/181531875566?hash=item This can be coerced into running the Gameduino 2 arduino library at $35 I have also used the 4Dsystems product and is worth it if it makes your price point.
  33. C

I tried to run the jar file under Ubantu 14.04 but java 8 not supported, it does run under windows 7.
  34. C

@FrankB My understanding there is a cap not grounded on the board? Are you going to fix or is it trivial to jumper? I need to order from OSH as this is moving forward. Carter
  35. C

Audio File playback dependent on time?

BTW: The Teensy can directly generate the Engine 51 tones :) Which is Quick Call I 2+2 tone format.
  36. C

Audio File playback dependent on time?

I have implemented all the Informer functions ( using two-tone decoding, a/b and long 'a' oddly enough ) on a bare Teensy using A/D and D/A circuits that Paul recommends. With a little imagination you can generate firefighter approved tones at varying levels. The issue I had was high frequency...
  37. C

Checking in to see it this is still in the works? Frank have you got your OSHPARK boards? Let me know if they work and I will get 3 headed my way :)
  38. C

Prop Shield Beta Test

New visualizer is wonderful! It has been a long day, installed Ubantu (very first time Linux attempt), installed Arduino and Teensyduino, Processing ( anyone know how to make an icon to run it instead of using "sh") Now I have Teensy programed and watching the Prop Shield twist and turn :)
  39. C

Tiniest Teensy?

Sad to admit that at 65 I am still fascinated by winky blinky lights.
  40. C

Tiniest Teensy?

@onehorse I noticed from Prodigy kickstarter that they are open source. Did you make the board for them or can you sell it?
  41. C

Teensy poi bitmask question

Along similar lines I have been kicking several things around in my head. Use a simple RLE compression on the display array and decompress on the fly Restrict the number of display colors i.e. say 16 and using a lookup table to convert 4 bit pixel values in the image array to 24 bit values to...
  42. C

Teensy APA102 POV Poi / Pixel Poi Build. Tutorial

Using unmodified code from Adafruit, otherwise dumb luck ;)
  43. C

2200 mAH 18650 lipo which after several long sessions have yet to have to recharge. The other thing that impressed me about the build was using the IR remote, cheap easy to install, and works well even with the poi spinning.
  44. C

My take on the Adafruit Supernova Poi build Interesting thing about the build is the APA leds are powered from the Teensy 3.2 3v3 regulator. Will probably swap the battery to the other end, hat tip to onehorse whose charger makes things very clean.
  45. C

Teensy 3.2 and Nextion Display

Good news that you got it working:) I have been using the 4dSystems displays and looking for something with similar functionality but a better price point would love to hear how you get along with the Nextion displays.
  46. C

Teensy 3.2 and Nextion Display

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_uart.html This would be a good place to start.
  47. C

Frequency detector in audible sound freq range. Teensy vs Arduino

@teoeva do you have hardware? If you would try the supplied code I think you will find the frequency resolution to be adequate for a tuner type application.
  48. C

Frequency detector in audible sound freq range. Teensy vs Arduino

// Advanced Microcontroller-based Audio Workshop // Advanced Microcontroller-based Audio Workshop // // Part 2-1: Using the Microphone /////////////////////////////////// // copy the Design Tool code here /////////////////////////////////// #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include...
  49. C

fast peak detection

AudioRecordQueue returns 128 sample block, doing the math 345*128=44160 which is aprox the sample rate of the audio library.
  50. C

Trouble with multiple phantom touches using XPT2046

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/31634-ILI9341-and-XPT2046-for-Teensy-Touchscreen-320x240-display/page4 You might check this thread out, defragster has done a lot of work to make this work.
Back