Search results

1. G

SPI library on T4.0

Thanks all! Upgraded to latest Arduino and Teensyduino. It all works as expected. Unrelated to Teensy, I did realize I can not use MCP4151 or any other DigiPot I could find to replace an analog pot on a 3v-12v adjustable power voltage reg, since MCP4151 has as a max voltage limited by 3.3v...
  2. G

SPI library on T4.0

Thanks, guys. Sorry, to clarify, I am on Arduino 1.8.19 This is what I see in the verbose compile output: Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Dev\arduino-1.8.19\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI Just wanted to make sure the above GitHub is the correct version. I'll download the...
  3. G

SPI library on T4.0

Hi, Trying to get an MCP4151 digital pot ((https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/22060b.pdf) working with T4 to control a resistor on an adjustable voltage reg, thus making it programmatically settable. 6 hours of poking around, and still no joy. Before I post any code/diagrams...
  4. G

How to send a notification quickly from a T4 to Windows

Thanks again. Works great on one PC, but the same exact T4 plugged into a different PC sends false positives. Out of 3 PCs I tried on, one is 100% stable (only see the ISR called when shorting the pin16 to GND) - on the other two PCs, once a few seconds, randomly - an interrupt coming in out of...
  5. G

This is awesome, thanks you so much, will try right away!
  6. G

Great! Is there a code sample for this?
  7. G

Hi, I am using T4 with a Windows c++ app running on a PC to send commands and read pins via RawHID interface. I have a contact sensor sitting on PULLUP PIN 16 that I would like a very quick notification in the PC app. The sensor shorts the PIN16 to GND, so if I read the value of that pin in a...
  8. G

Teensy 4.0 RawHID.recv() lock up

I am not involved at all in the development cycle of this code at all, so apologies for a dumb question - how do we normally handle stuff like this? Can we file it as an issue to be solved with the next TD release? Happy to file a bug on github, just dont know where.
  9. G

That's it! Thank you so much!!! Quick tests show that small buffers are getting through, and that the 1000us delay is gone. I only hope this does not break something else. Looks like this may have been done on purpose ? Otherwise why would this code be changed like that?
  10. G

The host doing nothing, very occasionally it sends a command that the Teensy reads and interprets, but for the sake of this discussion - we can ignore the host PC. The 1000us delay inside RawHID.recv() is always there.
  11. G

Any thoughts on this? Are we doing something wrong with how we check for data from PC?
  12. G

Teensy 3.2 shortage

Thanks for an exhaustive answer, Paul. I can imagine how disappointing this may be for you. I love 3.2, but it is good to know that at least 4.0s are in better shape. You guys are doing all you can, but I guess if there could be a bit more support for folks like us trying to quickly work around...
  13. G

Teensy 3.2 shortage

We started the migration from 3.2 to 4.0 (not without problems), despite the problems, today decided to place an order for 4.0s - and Amazon shows 4.0s are out of stock ... Are 4.0s also going the way of 3.2 ? I see they are in stock on PJRC site, but the last count shows about a week ago, and...
  14. G

Teensy 3.2 shortage

Sorry, ecurtz , just saw this. I would gladly get 30. Do you still have them?
  15. G

Hi, We used Teensy 3.2 for years in our project, and would continue using them, unfortunately, as you know, T3.2s are not possible to get at the moment. So, given that 4.0s are still available, I wanted to try to switch. In our sketch, we manually update stepper motors and need the loop()...
  16. G

Teensy 3.2 shortage

Hi, I read all the recent threads about shortages for the newer Teensy's. Sorry if i missed the T3.2 update. Is there any info on when Teensy 3.2 may be back in stock? [edit] NVM - saw the update on https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy32.html will cross finders and switch to T4.0, and hope the...
  17. G

Monitoring a pin for quick read on T3.2

Sorry, not sure I understand what you mean here. The HID read is working, we write back with RawHID.send(sendBuffer, 0). After one read, we want to react to more signals (contact closures) from the sensor. So, ideally would not want to poll at all, just get notified in window code when .send()...
  18. G

@defragster, very interesting, thanks, but pardon an ignorant question - what would be the teensy-side code that would raise an event that would raise this WM_IMPUT in windows? E.g. I would love to be able to use something like USB Keyboard, I suppose, as described here...
  19. G

Any thoughts? Is high-frequency polling the only way to monitor a pin from a windows program using USB HID?
  20. G

Agree 100%, however, this is not about being true real-time as much as it is about being safe from 24/7 operation perspective and "Close enough" to realtime. E.g. 10-20 ms delay might be fine, but we would still not want to poll 100s of times per second over USB to make it happen.
  21. G

Hi, in my application using Teensy 3.2, I need to read a signal from an external hardware into my c++ application (Windows 10). We agreed with the hardware vendor that they would close a contact on a pair of wires I give them. So, I give them 2 wires: one connected to common GND, and a pin 16...
  22. G

Can this fry my Teensy 3.2?

Thanks, guys! Really appreciate your thoughts. Wanted to avoid complexity, so kept on playing with this. Finally, we got what we "think" should be safe. We connect the "enable" port of the reg to common GND via a 10k resistor, and pin 13 to "enable" via 1k. Now, seems like there is no way for...
  23. G

Any thoughts? TL;DR: Do I risk damaging a GPIO on Teensy 3.2, if it is connected to a source of 7v via a 4 KOhm resistor, and the source of that 7v is such that it drops to 0.2v when as little as 60uA (micro amps) of current are drawn.
  24. G

Hi, I need to be able to switch a load (8v , 0.5A) on/off with a Teensy 3.2. I was initially planning to drive a MOSFET with Teensy, which would turn the power on/off on a traditional regulator, like this one, but then came across a "smart" regulator...
  25. G

Auto-Updating Teensy 3.2 firmware

That'a a great question. The main value of the product is not the firmware, its the software running on the PC and the service that the software is using located in the cloud.
  26. G

Sorry, I typed up my response to WMXZ before reading your suggestion wrt TyCmd. Its exactly what I needed, works like a champ. Thanks so much defragster! Do I need to have Teensy/Teensyduino installed on a PC from where I'm going to run the tycmd? We will be flashing the latest FW version...
  27. G

Interesting ... Thanks! I'm really looking for something that would not require user pressing the rest button on the teensy. The electronics are deep inside the device we sell. So, this seemed promising: Awesome! This would be the way to go for us, since we could run the batch file...
  28. G

Hi, So, the day has come for us that we need to ship our Teensy3.2-based devices to end users. Its a Windows 10 + teensy device (an entertainment robot) that has a bunch of Windows-side software interfacing with firmware on Teensy 3.2 (using Raw HID). The software is going to evoelve - we know...
  29. G

OctoWS and using ports 5-12 on Teensy 3.2

Really appreciate the offer, Mark, but I already bit the bullet and redid all my logic with FastLED. Works fine and frees up a dozen ports, which is nice. Again, thanks for the help. Happy to finance your 3.2, if you take PayPal :-)
  30. G

Thanks, Mark! FastLED looks very cool, thought pretty overbuilt for my needs. Anyway, guess its time to say goodbye to OctoWS.
  31. G

Hi, I only have a single LED strip in my project, and a bunch of other stuff, including stepper motors which I want to control from pins 5-12. Problem is, when I use OctoWS, one of my steppers gets disabled for reasons I don't fully understand. My stepper driver is DRV8825 , and I am using...
  32. G

TimerOne on Teensy LC

Thanks, Paul!
  33. G

TimerOne on Teensy LC

To be sure, TimerOne is not supported on LC, right? Any suggestions on equivalent lib to use?
  34. G

Teensy LC and OctoWS library

That's good to know, thanks! Hope it does not conflict with TimerOne (same MCU driving two steppers).
  35. G

Thanks, guys. I am so used to OctoWS, that I am a bit afraid to switch and face new/unknown bugs, refactor code, etc :-) In your experience, is FastLED reliable?
  36. G

Hi guys, what library do you use to drive neopixels with Teensy LC? I thought being able to drive those WS2812s w/o a buffer chip was one of the key selling points of LC. I immediately bought 2 of them, but then, of course, a major bummer, as I realized that I cant just replace 3.1 with LC for...
  37. G

Teensy 3.1 raw hid dying intermittently.

I resolved the problem, though cant say I understand what's been going on, or that I like the solution, which turned out to be mysteriously simple: switch the order of USB devices connected to the USB hub. I don't know enough about how USB operates to tell why I was having this problem - but...
  38. G

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about reset - but wanted to leave it as a measure of absolute last resort. Resetting MCU will also destroy internal sketch state (which controls servo acceleration). The code is from Paul's sample hid client. I tried different timeout values to see if I can...
  39. G

Looks like it may be something on the windows side. After this condition happens - (which can take from minutes to a few hours) - debugging the hid_WINDOWS.cpp reveals that the overlapped write times out: Here is the raw hid client code, calling it with 100ms timeout (and of course other params...
  40. G

Any takers? Has anyone seen teensy-side raw hid library dying, while the rest of the sketch works fine (loop is still running)? Not much to the sketch ... can be condensed to: void loop() { unsigned char readBuffer[64] = {0}; int n = RawHID.recv(readBuffer, 0); // <-- after a while...
  41. G

Hi, I have a head scratcher of a problem I would really appreciate any help or thoughts on. We are Building a teensy 3.1 - controlled video camera tracking system. Basically Teensy is controlling 2 HiTech servos (pan and tilt) on which camera sits. Position commands are sent from a PC to the...
  42. G

Driving NeoPixel 144 with Teensy 3

Nice clips, tetsuo. Its a Teensy investigation project masqueraded as a silly Christmas project that I've been doing with kids (way past the deadline by now :-)). As person walks by the tree - it shakes its limbs and lights up. Just wanted to play with full stack sensing->PC->actuation->lights...
  43. G

Yep. show() crashes in the loop as well. I tried it all. Its intermittent too, i.e. it might succeed 10 times in a row and crap out on 11th call. Anyway, I took your advise, integrated OctoWs2811 and it worked beautifully. Rock solid. My servos connected to Pins 5 and 6 were still rattling...
  44. G

Confirmed. Does crash w/o LEDs being powered if the number of LEDs is high. See the very first post in the thread for full code.
  45. G

Paul, I am using an external power source (12A 5 V). GND from that power source is connected to T3's GND, and the only thing connecting Teensy to LED array is the Pin 9 (configured with NeoPixel library) I'm pretty sure it would, but I'll double check tonight. I actually tried your's too. Same...
  46. G

Great, thanks mortonkopf I'll try tonight. To answer you question, T3 clock speed has no effect on the weird behavior.
  47. G

Thanks, Tetsuo, this might just do it. My understanding is that neopixel is Ws2812, is that still compatible with Octo2811 library? Not a huge fan of Adafruit library anyway, as it is incompatible with Servo library (though I have not looked deep, maybe OctoWS2811 also disables interrupts, and...
  48. G

Does not seem to be related to power, considering its a crash in code, and it happens before any of the pixels are actually powered. This said, I use what I think should be plenty of juice: A 12A regulator...
  49. G

Hi, I am trying to drive adafruit's 144LED strip with T3, and it seems to work fine if only a small portion of pixels are used, but as I increase the number of addressable pixels - below simple code crashes (Windows reports "device malfunctioned", etc, the usual stuff): I am using NeoPixel...
Back