Search results

1. A

Redeclaration error from Teensiduino

When I open a brand new sketch in Arduino/Teensiduino and enter "float y0;" as the first line, this error occurs after verify: ""float y0" redeclared as different kind of symbol". This doesn't occur when the line is "float x0" or "float z0;". It doesn't occur when the board is set to Arduino...
  2. A

Did anybody use CAP1188?

Was a resolution ever found for this problem? I'm sitting here with an Adafruit CAP1188, also purchased for musical instrument design. When I run the Adafruit example for the CAP1188, my Teensy3.6 shows no response. Going to the Adafruit forum link in the last message, I see there was no...
  3. A

Creating custom audio objects that are more similar to modular synth components.

How about mixers with 8 and 16 inputs? This would make some designs a lot simpler. Thanks, Michael
  4. A

Teensy4 performance in audio context

Could explain your process for running Braids on the Teensy? Thanks, Michael
  5. A

Teensysuino examples won't compile

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether it was a problem on my end on with the Example sketches. There's a note from Paul in the Teensy 4 First Beta Test thread at 12-29-2018, 10:26 AM, #83. I don't know how to link to a message properly here. Best regards, Michael
  6. A

Teensysuino examples won't compile

I'm having trouble compiling examples for the Teensy 4 using Arduino 1.8.10/Teensyduino 1.48.beta 1. None of the sketches in the Entropy folder compile. The error print for Generate_Random_Bytes is listed below. Could someone provide some guidance on what to do next? Thanks, Michael...
  7. A

[posted] TSynth - Two Oscillator Polysynth

@UHF What a super project! Are you planning to make the code available for others? I'm really interested in building one.
  8. A

Teensy 3.6 as a top octave generator

Paul, Thanks for the quick reply! Here is what I'm trying to do: <https://hackaday.com/2018/08/22/ask-hackaday-answered-the-tale-of-the-top-octave-generator/> The Teensy 3.6 would need generate 12 independent clocks on 12 different PWM pins. Each frequency would be a note of the chromatic...
  9. A

Teensy 3.6 as a top octave generator

I need a TOG (Top Octave Generator) for a synth modification. Is it realistic to think that a Teensy 3.6 + the Audio Library would work for this? I'd like to use the PWM pins, not the audio expansion board. Any initial opinions would be appreciated before I jump in and start the work...
  10. A

High frequency square wave output

Any chance you could supply a schematic or a PC board? I've ordered several MPC2036's but need at least a schematic to get any further. Thanks, Michael KD4SGN
  11. A

FFT decreasing BW modifiying sampling frecuency?

Increased resolution will require decreased sample rate. I'm also interested in how that is done. Hopefully, someone who has already grappled with this will provide some guidance.
  12. A

I want to give PJRC my money, not faceless corporations!

For deliveries inside USA, the US Post Office is a good, cost effective method. I use First Class often for deliveries from Digikey, Adafruit, and others. It may add a couple of days to delivery time, but service is otherwise as good or better than other services. With UPS, I've had tire...
  13. A

Teensy 3.6 USB MIDI host development status

Usb midi I'm also very interested in this capability, so I hope you will keep it on the agenda. Thanks, Paul!
  14. A

Teensy 3.6 ADC documentation

Sorry, I know I have seen info on this in the past, but search does not seem to find it today: What are the options for analogReference() on the Teensy 3.6? Also, is there a source for updated details on ADC pins on the Teensy 3.6? It is very hard to navigate the ADC documentation for...
  15. A

Teensy 3.6 USB Host support

This is also one of the reasons for my interest in the 3.6. It would open up many new possible applications for the Teensy.
  16. A

uBlox Library

Brian, I'm interested in using a uBlox as the local oscillator for a very stable amateur radio transceiver. This would require configuring it to output an arbitrary and changeable frequency in the amateur bands. I already use the 1pps output for a similar function, but having a GPS chip...
  17. A

uBlox Library

I'm interested in using a GPS receiver to provide an frequency reference at an arbitrary RF frequency in the range of 7 to 22 MHz. I know some of the uBlox products can do this, but I'm not sure if the series 7 & 8 have that capability. Do you plan on supporting this function? Thanks, Michael
  18. A

Teensy3.1 as a precision Frequency Standard

So it looks as if IC3 is functioning as a regenerative detector or a Q-multiplier from days of yore? BTW, a Heathkit Q-multiplier was my first electronic kit as a kid. Best regards, Michael
  19. A

@TelephoneBill, I've just ordered parts to build this circuit. Could you recommend an ebay vendor for the 60kHz crystals? Thanks.
  20. A

This sounds like a very interesting project. Radio amateurs should find it quite useful as an alternative to GPS-disciplined methods, and less expensive. Do you plan on making the code and schematic available? I'm interested in giving it a try in the US with WWVB.
  21. A

Logging/graphing from teensy to pc.

I'd like to second Gibbedy's request for reliable realtime software for graphing data sent over the Teensy USB serial connection. I have a Teensy project that has been sitting on the bench for months waiting for code to capture EEG data from the Teensy. A library (perhaps in c) that could be...
  22. A

A newcomer to pjrc.com

Sorry for piling on, but I have to agree with what's been said thus far. I've recommended the Teensy to folks at a local hackerspace for several projects, only to find out later that they used TI chips instead because they did not understand the difference between the Teensy and the Arduino...
  23. A

Limits of delay effect in audio library

Memoryboard3 Paul, I built a memoryboard3 over the weekend -- parts placement was straightforward using the part id's printed on the board. It's up and running with no errors from the test program. The design appears to be sound -- look forward to hearing how the memoryboard4 works. Best...
  24. A

Paul, Thanks for taking a look! I'm pleased to see so much interest in delay lines. They are the basis for many audio effects, and a flexible delay object will be a great feature for the audio library. I don't think the plug-in does beat detection. It usually plugs into a DAW and I think it...
  25. A

Paul, A very reasonable question. Take a look at this YouTube demo: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=R5dwohfKqns>. It shows a new audio delay plugin with 32 variable latency taps. In person, it's pretty awesome for sound design. The short answer to your question is that I'd like to...
  26. A

Paul, Thanks for working on this code! I'm looking forward to trying it as soon as my memory chips arrive. Is there a chance for a version with more than 8 taps on the delay line? Best regards, Michael
  27. A

Frank, I'd be very grateful if you would consider doing a simple version of the code. I think it would also get a lot of interest from others who are interested in using the Audio Board for music applications. I'll be happy to order some memory chips and do any beta testing you might need...
  28. A

Paul, Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a chance that the W25Q128FV memory chip could be used to extend delay time?
  29. A

Could someone tell me roughly how long a delay is possible with the delay effect in the audio library? I'm building a hardware delay line for music synthesis and wondering whether the Teensy 3.1 is appropriate for longer delays (2000ms). I realize that other code will also consume memory. For...
  30. A

Help with interrupt driven ADC

Good idea. I didn't think about calling a second IntervalTimer from within the first. I would need to read a timing tick from this interrupt in the main program to control periodic frequency calculations. That's why I'm concerned about changes in the timing interval caused by...
  31. A

linuxgeek, Thanks for the reply! I had found the IntervalTimer example and was concerned that this approach might introduce timing jitter. The example shows interrupts being deactivated, then reactivated, in order to read a variable. When the deactivation occurs, does this interfere with the...
  32. A

I'd like to use the Teensy 3.1 onboard ADC's to read audio at a fairly slow rate (about 10ksps). Then I'd like to have the option for making minor adjustment to that sample rate occasionally within the main program. Could someone give me a few hints for setting up a timer-based interrupt to...
Back