Search results

1. sbfreddie

System works when powered by USB, but behaves weirdly on switching power supplies

I would also check for continuity between the power supply safety grounds and the V- supply pins of the Power Supplies to make sure you are not creating a ground loop between the safety ground and the Ground pins of the Teensy and Motor Driver. Bad grounding has been a thorn in my side for over...
  2. sbfreddie

Basic Troubleshooting Help - Teensy 4.1 + Audio Shield + Adafruit MAX 98306

I would probably use the Teensy's 5V output (at the Vin pin) instead of the 3.3Volt output (4 ohm speakers could be a lot of power at 3.3V). Did you set the jumpers for gain correctly? Here is what the information page says: Five pin-selectable gains: 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, 15dB and 18dB. Select...
  3. sbfreddie

RA8876LiteTeensy For Teensy T36 and T40

Thanks Kurt Ed
  4. sbfreddie

RA8876LiteTeensy For Teensy T36 and T40

Kurt & Mike: I am sorry to bring this old forum thread back to life, but I have been having difficulties with text sizes ever since I started using the RA8876 instead of the RA8875. Here is the dilemma, in order to determine where to place text on the screen properly (and erase it...
  5. sbfreddie

Yet Another File Player (and recorder)

I have made changes to the copy files from SD to Flash code to close any open files for all the error return points as you have suggested, (I think this could have been written a little more elegantly as you so apply have described it), however making these changes nothing. It still thinks it...
  6. sbfreddie

I'll have to check that out! Thanks, Ed
  7. sbfreddie

H4yn: I have attached to this post similar code that uses FrankB's Wave Player code which is kind-of old but it does work just fine using QSPI_Flash. If you have a moment check it out, as it is not very complicated. Regards, Ed
  8. sbfreddie

I am using the Teensy4.1. The version of Teensyduino that is currently be used by PlatformIO is 1.59. Here are the two files Tick and Tock
  9. sbfreddie

h4yn0nnym0u5e: Actually this is remarkably similar to mine in the way it works, first initialize the SD card, then initialize the LittleFS Ram (in my case LittleFSFlash), then copy the file from the SD to the LittleFS file. In my case there are 8 files that make up clock sounds, (Tick, Tock...
  10. sbfreddie

Just for example on my Mac: Xcode.app uses: 23.41GB Wireshark uses: 232.1 MB WhatsApp uses: 328 MB VMware Fusion uses: 1.26GB Visual Studio Code.app uses: 567.5MB Visual Studio.app: uses: 1.63GB No Platform IO is not very big compared to a few other apps I have installed on my Mac (276)...
  11. sbfreddie

How about this compressed file of just the Main.cpp, I am sure you can figure out the rest. About the IDE, I also have used many different IDE systems over the past 5 decades, and you are correct many of them had steep learning curves. I have been retired now for more than 10 years and cannot...
  12. sbfreddie

@h4yn0nnym0u5e: I created a bare bones project to try using your Audio system to play from QSPI Flash Memory using LittleFS, and it does not work. My code tells me that it is playing, but nothing is coming out of the audio system which is comprised of a PCM5102 with a 10w stereo amp. This...
  13. sbfreddie

S11639-01 SPI Board and Teensy 4 controller

DrM: Aaaw the good old days at Hughes Santa Barbara Research Center. This design brings me back to the great times that I had designing and working with CCD arrays (IR) forty years ago. Keep up the good work! Regards, Ed
  14. sbfreddie

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

Kurt et All: The resistor combination you are seeing on that pin is what we in the hardware world call a "digital active termination". Why Sparkfun has done this is anybody's guess. As you have already surmised that pin will only be usable with digital circuits. There are almost no digital...
  15. sbfreddie

h4yn0nnym0u5e: I have read this entire thread and have not found a solution for playing directly from the LittleFS file system. I also looked in your examples and did not find any examples of using the LittleFS instead of a SD card. Could you point me in the direction of an example for using...
  16. sbfreddie

Has a Teensy 4 ever been space qualified or used in a space craft?

Sammy: I think you may mean you are looking for Mil Spec 883 level B, which is the chip spec. common requested for all Military type activities. After over 30 years in the Aerospace World I found that most Aerospace companies used 883 Level B Chips and then did their own testing on those...
  17. sbfreddie

Adding MTP to a Teensy 4.1 project (and 3.2) that is already SERIAL + MIDI

David: You cannot use MTP with the Mac Finder as this is a MicroSoft protocol that has not been implemented on the Mac. However there are several apps you can download that will read this protocol, google is your friend. Regards, Ed
  18. sbfreddie

Suggestion to get maximum accuracy when reading frequency of external crystal

VictorFS: I am often amused by people who see everything as a software solution. (I you only have a hammer everything is a nail) This type of solution in my option would best be to use a combination of hardware and software such as using a highly accurate oscillator attached to a clocked...
  19. sbfreddie

Teensy 4.1 Digital Input Tolerance

I agree with most of this wholeheartedly, the only acception being since at least 1980 the DOD and other US government agencies requires very strong ESD immunity for just about everything you as a contractor creates for the agency. But most of these specs are classified, and you will only get...
  20. sbfreddie

Teensy 4.1 Digital Input Tolerance

Audiomath: My experience comes from the Aerospace world going back to the late seventies. Having worked on projects where EMP and other very fast transients were a problem, way back when we used transzorbs (which is a trademarked name for a very fast zener basically). These things turn on in...
  21. sbfreddie

Interrupt on Serial Data receive Teensy 4.0 USB port

I just looked up the name of the library I used: UartEvent.h by Colin Duffy copyright 2015. A little less than 10 years ago. Regards, Ed
  22. sbfreddie

As I recall, the SerialDMAClass had 3 choices, fixed number of bytes, a specific character at the end of the block, and I can't remember the 3rd choice for the interrupt to be set. I choose fixed number of bytes which worked quite well for me. The DMA section of the Teensy's is very powerful...
  23. sbfreddie

I used DMA on the serial port to solve this type of problem 10 yrs ago on the T3.2. It used a set size of transfer and when each byte came in, it was automatically dumped into a buffer of bytes. When the number of bytes was completed the DMA would issue an interrupt which would set a flag...
  24. sbfreddie

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

Gentleman: I hope you understand how little 1.1 to 10 PicoFarads at 233MHz really is. This value could very easily be created by simply routing an etch close to power or ground. In the pictures above I see at least 10 to 30 pF of capacitance floating around with all the lead lengths and bits...
  25. sbfreddie

high dynamic range current/voltage sensors (ina228) working

Would you care to share the details?
  26. sbfreddie

PlatformIO: Creating a list file after Building automatically.

All PlatformIO users: This trick will save you a lot of typing when you get an address from the output of the crashReport. Here is the method I use to generate a list file (.lst) in the same build folder as all the other files that the Compiler generates. In your Platformio.ini file insert...
  27. sbfreddie

Teensy 4.1 with DAC714P, not working properly

Tian_qhcn: As MarkT said, using a more Teensy compatible part has many advantages, and you could easily add an Op-Amp buffer to the output to scale the normal output to what ever you like. This also has the advantage of providing a low impedance buffer for any follow-on circuitry. Regards, Ed
  28. sbfreddie

Problem with two wire build between 11.3.1 and 5.4.1

All: I have been experimenting with this problem more. I converted this project to an Arduino sketch which confirms the problem, it works with Teensy 1.57.2 but not with Teensy 1.58 or Teensy 1.59 using Arduino 2.1.1. Here is the sketch for Arduino: Please try this to see if any of you can...
  29. sbfreddie

Shawn: I already did that or something similar, I uninstalled PlatformIO in VSCode, then I discarded the entire .platformio folder from my user folder, then reinstalled PlatformIO in VSCode and it completely redown-loaded the .platformio folder. Did not make a difference. Still get the same...
  30. sbfreddie

All: This problem is a doozy. The problem started when I rebuilt an already working project that was originally built in Teensy 1.57, where everything was working fine. When I built this project without making any changes it refused to startup, meaning blank screen on the TFT and no output to...
  31. sbfreddie

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

Luni: Opps, I guess I should read the responses more carefully, that fixed the problem, all is back to normal now. Thanks for your expert help!! I have never used the build_unflags command before any idea why it is needed now? Thanks, Ed
  32. sbfreddie

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

Luni: My platformio.ini file now looks like: ; PlatformIO Project Configuration File ; ; Build options: build flags, source filter ; Upload options: custom upload port, speed and extra flags ; Library options: dependencies, extra library storages ; Advanced options: extra scripting ; ...
  33. sbfreddie

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

Luni: Yes this is PIO on Mac. Here is my platformio.ini file: ; PlatformIO Project Configuration File ; ; Build options: build flags, source filter ; Upload options: custom upload port, speed and extra flags ; Library options: dependencies, extra library storages ; Advanced options...
  34. sbfreddie

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

All: I have a strange problem that just popped up in my build: PLATFORM: Teensy (4.18.0) > Teensy 4.1 HARDWARE: IMXRT1062 600MHz, 512KB RAM, 7.75MB Flash DEBUG: Current (jlink) External (jlink) PACKAGES: - framework-arduinoteensy @ 1.159.230410 (1.59) - tool-teensy @ 1.159.230410 (1.59) -...
  35. sbfreddie

Code to gather data from propshield sensors and save it to SD for later analysis

Experimentalist: Hi my name is Ed and I have created a project somewhat similar to what you have described above. Go to this GitHub site to retrieve it and have a look see: https://github.com/sbfreddie/Teensy4.1-Peripherals-Testing.git. It should at least give you and idea of how I have...
  36. sbfreddie

Self Contained (i.e. Atomic) Sketch

Brtaylor: If you need help do not hesitate to ask, either here or if you prefer private email associated with this account on the forum. There are a bunch of videos on youtube about using PlatformIO also. Regards, Ed
  37. sbfreddie

Anyone tried MTP library under Vscode-Platformio environment?

David: Here you go, I have placed it on Github here: https://github.com/sbfreddie/Teensy4.1-Peripherals-Testing.git as it is to big to drop into this forum post (limit 1.9 Megabyte for zip file). If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them either here or through private email...
  38. sbfreddie

Teensy USB Power Supply Fighting with Linear Voltage Regulator

grinch: The diode trick will work well as long as the .7 volt drop is OK with your circuit design. Regards, Ed
  39. sbfreddie

Self Contained (i.e. Atomic) Sketch

BrTaylor: I solved this problem a long time ago. At first I was using Apple's Xcode with EmbedXcode plugin which enabled me to be selective about what I want built. It had a builtin folder where you could put everything for the build of the program you were creating. You could refer to your...
  40. sbfreddie

Anyone tried MTP library under Vscode-Platformio environment?

Pjy5451: Please include the entire terminal output when you try to build your code so we can see the complete system settings that your version of PIO is using. Also include your platformio.ini file as well which is very important. If you would like I have working code using both littleFS on...
  41. sbfreddie

-flto with T4 (Teensyduino 1.58)

Update USB options All: Here is a General Template for a PlatformIO.ini file: ; PlatformIO Project Configuration File ; ; Build options: build flags, source filter ; Upload options: custom upload port, speed and extra flags ; Library options: dependencies, extra library storages ...
  42. sbfreddie

Fried Boards, Resistor/Voltage Question

Paul & CovirtTech: I have been using a similar technique for about 40 yrs (EMP protection which is required in DOD work) however instead of a zener (which turns on slowly) I use a Transzorb(trade marked) and a Micro fuse. These Transzorbs turn on hard (shorts) in less than a Nanosecond, so they...
  43. sbfreddie

Teensy 4.0 - based Audio Guestbook

Shawzy & Johnlago: Noise problems can be very tricky to resolve. Without a detailed system wide schematic diagram of the system it is very difficult to diagnose from afar. When I tackled these types of problems at Hughes Aircraft 40 years ago we had at our disposal some very expensive test...
  44. sbfreddie

SD Library in PlatformIO (VS Code)

Davidelvig: Did you try simply adding #include "SD.h" at the top of your code or in the .h file? This works fine for me in PlatformIO. Regards, Ed
  45. sbfreddie

Teensy 4.1 apparentl powered by 3V on pin 14 / A0

Samygee: A picture is worth a thousand words, a Schematic diagram of your entire circuit would be most helpful for us to help you. Perhaps a snapshot of your setup would also be most helpful. Regards, Ed
  46. sbfreddie

Teensyduino File System Integration, including MTP and MSC

Mjs513: I do not not see any major difference in the way that you are doing this than I am. Accept that my program logs a lot more data than just the BME280 stuff. It must be the different implementation on the Mac than the PC. Since this is a Windows only protocol (MTP) it does not surprise...
  47. sbfreddie

Teensyduino File System Integration, including MTP and MSC

mjs513: I use a very similar approach to yours, accept that I use real time data from 3 sensors for twenty four hours at ten second intervals. The file is approx. 700Kbytes per day. You do the close and MTP.send_DeviceResetEvent(); in the same subroutine, where I first do the close, copy, and...
  48. sbfreddie

SD Logger has Occasional High Latency

Power_Broker: Perhaps an alternative way to accomplish your goal would be to use the technique I used, noted in these two threads: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/72300-Teensy-LittleFS-and-SD-file-names and...
  49. sbfreddie

Teensyduino 1.58 Released

mjs513: I have been getting this warning in PlatformIO using 1.57 ever since I started to build MTP: lib/MTP_Teensy/src/MTP_Teensy.cpp: In member function 'uint32_t MTP_class::GetObjectInfo(MTP_class::MTPContainer&)': lib/MTP_Teensy/src/MTP_Teensy.cpp:523:34: warning: unknown option after...
Back