Search results

1. B

teensy octows8211 cat6 wiring how?

Right, that Falcon Christmas product seems to offer the differential signal lines. I've used that extensively in pro audio, never considered it might be useful for led light shows, but, of course it is... Like every interest, if you look a little deeper you can go off the deep end on the internet!
  2. B

Here's a guy (using the "Falcon Christmas" system - and he seems to be using ethernet for both signal and power (ganging several pairs for power) and gets 30 feet at 30-50% power white. I"m not sure if the errors he is seeing are due to voltage drop or signal dropout, but I don't think I need...
  3. B

Hey Crees, thanks again for your response. I'm not really sure what you mean by "my approach" since, really what I'm asking for here is what is the typical use for the Teensy and Octo boards for LED animations. I'm getting that you suggest that the teensy be as close to each LED strip as...
  4. B

My key question is, when using the Octo adapter, how to get the various twisted pairs to where they need to be. A few presumptions, please correct me if I'm off base! 1) I can Daisy chain strips if I want those strips to share an animation. 2) To avoid excessive drop I will inject power where...
  5. B

Hey all - I've got most of the gear together for an 8 strip play with leds and the octo adapter, sweet! My first head scratcher question is ... each twisted pair is to be connected to an led strip (along with power of course) but ... if the strips are not close together, how to run the twisted...
  6. B

Out of memory just printing a struct...

Good idea robsoles! It never occurred to me that I could do that - doh!
  7. B

Thanks, yes. Sorry I was posting from mobile in the airport. I'm using Win7 64 too, not sure why it crashes reliably for me but doesn't matter if it's just the Arduino serial monitor code itself.
  8. B

No, well I didn't know which sort of OOM I was getting. Sounds like you're confident its Arduino serial monitor so I guess the fix should be "don't do that!" Wrt overloaded serial output. Thanks! To previous poster, I'm curious why you're not getting a crash for the cleaner code. Are you...
  9. B

Initializing and Printing Struct to Serial Monitor causes OOM Here's a new version with the Flash.h reference and use stripped out. Basically I just write the struct and print it out over and over using standard Serial.print() and println() commands. I tried 9600 baud and 115200 baud and both...
  10. B

stevech, sorry for the markdown typo, fixed. I did look around for a while before selecting this nested struct/struct/array. I've seen it done both ways and, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with this configuration. I find it to be both easier to read and more succinct. I *think* that...
  11. B

Hey Paul, thanks for the question - the Flash.h is from here: https://github.com/mikalhart/Flash/releases I did originally have a compile problem with this library but did solve it as per a previous post on this forum and in the issues for that library on github. I"m using this library...
  12. B

I'm developing a little struct to hold some data for my sprinkler controller, which uses the T3.1 and Wiznet 820io (great stuff!). But, just a setup() which sets the values and a loop which prints them out kicks out of memory errors after less than a minute of running. It's probably something...
  13. B

Teensy 3.1 and TinyWebServer Library

Got it working OK so in the end I just did this: void *copy(char *to, size_t size = -1, size_t offset = 0) const { if (size == -1) strcpy_P(to, _arr + offset); else strncpy_P(to, _arr + offset, size); } I"m not sure why the function was trying to return a char in the first place...
  14. B

Doesn't seem to work
  15. B

Are you suggesting that my include of Flash might be somehow overriding something Teensyduino has built in to take care of F()? I could try that!
  16. B

Well, for me, using Arduino 1.0.5r2, I get a compile error as above in the _FLASH_STRING class, which I guess F() is later aliased to FLASH_STRING On further checking, I can get rid of the error above by changing the ternary operator into an if/else if (size == -1) return strcpy_P(to, _arr...
  17. B

I'm working on a project to host a small web page and communicate with a sprinkler via AJAX. The example I'm working from uses the TinyWebServer library (https://github.com/ovidiucp/TinyWebServer). There is an example in that library called WebServerSD, which has some configurations to serve...
Back