Search results

1. capricorn one

MK66 (TQFP) with MKL04 - USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

Thanks again Paul, I was pretty sure on all these details but always nice for a sanity check along the way. Found the problem, maybe one for the bootloader chip page, maybe not. As usual, I didn't give you all the information, so maybe if I had you would've suggested this from the start. But...
  2. capricorn one

Ugh... Okay, let me do some more debugging. Just noticed that there's no crystal waveform showing up. On the previous rev with the bad ground connections, I was able to see the 16MHz crystal waveform on the pins. Currently, not seeing that, so obviously that needs to be sorted first.
  3. capricorn one

Well.. unfortunately fixing the grounds didn't do anything, although it was definitely a necessary fix anyway. However, I'm still getting the same usb error unfortunately. The only other guess I have is about the 33 ohm resistors, I can't find anything in the datasheet that specifies this...
  4. capricorn one

As always, thank you so much Paul. That was the direction I needed to start looking in the right places. Definitely a power supply issue. I'm not sure what has happened in my design, been using Eagle for 10+ years now, but somehow my polygon pour for the GND plane on top is showing no air-wires...
  5. capricorn one

Hate to have to ask this question since it's custom hardware that doesn't apply to everyone, but hoping someone can lead me in the right direction here. I'm using a board with a MK66FX1M0VLQ18 (TQFP package) and MKL04 bootloader chip purchased from PJRC. I've gone this route before and had...
  6. capricorn one

Teensy LC printf float options

Trying to printf with %e and %f, looks like it's not included in the compiler options for the LC. Anyone know the flag to add it? Can't seem to find it in all my searching. I realize I may have to use dtostrf, but what I really need is dtostre, which doesn't appear to be included either. Any...
  7. capricorn one

Teensy LC SD Card SCK mapping broken

Should include some more info I realized, I'm using the standard <SD.h> library with Teensyduino 1.45, Arduino 1.8.8. I've read that the <SD.h> library doesn't work with SPI1, although that may be outdated now, either way, I'm trying to use SPI0, just change SCK to pin 14. I've used this same...
  8. capricorn one

Teensy LC SD Card SCK mapping broken

I've found a few posts that point to similar issues, but they look like they were addressed years ago and fixed. The problem I'm having is trying to re-assign the SCK0 pin to 14 (default is 13). I've done this in the past without any issues, calling SPI.setSCK(14) before SD.begin(CS_PIN)...
  9. capricorn one

Audio and Ethernet

This is the fix for now!! My IDE wasn't showing me the right compiler definitions, so didn't think that was even active, but sure enough it was. So, something wrong with the way SPIFIFO works, don't have time to dig into it right now, but I'm sure someone smarter will! Thank you David_B for the...
  10. capricorn one

Audio and Ethernet

Help! Having a very similar problem to OP. Just updated some hardware that I've been using for a few years now, has worked fine for a long time, but after uploading my small changes to the code, Audio has now stopped working. Similar setup to OP, using Audio and Ethernet. When I run the...
  11. capricorn one

One expression pedal multiple devices

You can definitely read the expression pedal into the Teensy using the Analog In and and Analog GND connections. The TRS connection should probably be S - Sleeve = AGND, T - Tip = Signal (send to Analog Input pin), and R - Ring = 3.3V. As for controlling the external pedals, a digital pot...
  12. capricorn one

Sound Reactive Light Bulb Installations using Teensy Audio

Hi All, Just posted a write up on Instructables of some of the lighting installations I've built over the last couple years. Not lying, was trying to enter it into a contest there to win a laser cutter but I got my dates wrong, so probably out of luck now. However, thought if anyone would be...
  13. capricorn one

FreqMeasureMulti & analogWriteFrequency

Ahh, good to know. Was wondering about this myself, maybe the github info page could be updated with this information for other people? Had to do some googling to find this out, luckily it just showed up a few days ago. It's a little confusing since the FreqMeasure page has a "Hardware...
  14. capricorn one

Teensy Goes to Space!

Hey all, In just a couple months I'll be sending up about 10 teensy boards on a weather balloon and wanted to let the community know, in case maybe there is a particular kind of data that may be useful to other teensy developers that I can add to my test setup. The purpose of the test I...
  15. capricorn one

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #2 Available

Paul, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I tried submitting a request to the github issues thread, but I obviously did it wrong. Anyways, if you have time, please see the end of this thread ...
  16. capricorn one

PWM Source to ADC Input

Wow, thanks for finding that Paul! Going to have to make some changes to my design in that case, 8 bits definitely won't do. Should have known that was too good to be true, thanks for doing the digging. -Colin
  17. capricorn one

PWM Source to ADC Input

Hmm... good point about the clock, I'm basing it off of what the webpage says here for the Diablo processor which drives some of the 4D systems displays. See here : http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/DIABLO16/ It does say on the website 16-bit PWM audio, but I agree, after thinking about...
  18. capricorn one

PWM Source to ADC Input

Yeah, I agree, that would be more efficient and elegant and somewhat lossless, but it's not supported in the Audio library as far as I know? Unless someone has already written an object to handle this, I suppose it would be pretty straight forward.
  19. capricorn one

PWM Source to ADC Input

Curious if anyone has a working solution for this: I have a 16-bit PWM audio source coming from a display unit (unfilitered) and I want to plug it into the ADC input of the teensy using the AudioInputAnalog object of the Audio library. My source is a 3.3V PWM waveform coming from a 74LVC1G08...
  20. capricorn one

Serial Rx Only

Awesome, thanks Paul! After some digging and rethinking, I realized I really need the Rx as well. Was about to look for some kind of SPI->UART converter chip, which I wanted to avoid, when I realized that just like the UART pins, a lot of the core functionality of the MK20DX is able to be...
  21. capricorn one

Serial Rx Only

Wondering if it's possible to use only the Rx or Tx pin of the Serial port ( specifically on pin 8, Serial3, of Teensy 3.1/3.2 ). I'm using the Audio adapter board which remaps the SPI mosi pin to pin 7, which is the Rx pin of Serial3. I would like to be able to still use the hardware Serial3...
  22. capricorn one

Teensy 3.2 Midi Controller Problem with "jumping" CC Values

I really just want to not say anything, because I feel like it's best to just follow that advice, but for my own sanity, can you clear this up for me? That's what I was implying earlier where since it's only pots being used and not accurate voltage readings, it's okay if AREF changes, as long...
  23. capricorn one

@adrian okay now you've got me wondering if that's the wrong way to use AREF. I mean it definitely works either way in this case, but I'm thinking the reason the 470 ohm resistor there is so that you can provide your own AREF value without shorting the two voltages together. Paul would have the...
  24. capricorn one

@adrian I believe AREF is better, check out the schematic, it's coming after the 470ohm/.1uF low pass filter, so keep in mind there will be some voltage divider effects if you load it with too small of a pot. But I consistently use it for my pot voltage supplies with good results. Certainly a...
  25. capricorn one

Multiple SPI Slaves Conflict: ADXL-362 and SD Fat

Hmmm.. actually, I took another look and there's quite a few problems here. I would really recommend using the much simpler SPI and SD libraries. They will simplify your code greatly. But a couple things I've noticed so far, about the SCK on pin 14, that's fine, I do that all the time, but you...
  26. capricorn one

Couple suggestions, you can use a 3.3V output for the top of the pot if that's easier, but see that small via labeled AREF in the top left? That's where you want the high side of your pots connected. Similarly, you want the low side of your pots connected to AGND, which I also see is not...
  27. capricorn one

Multiple SPI Slaves Conflict: ADXL-362 and SD Fat

Haven't gone through all your code yet, but I would suggest using the standard SD library for now to make sure all your hardware connections are correct. The only thing that stands out to me in your code is that you're not using the SPI.beginTransaction() and SPI.endTransaction() in your ADXL362...
  28. capricorn one

Ethernet Library Variable Chip Select/Reset

I'm thinking you've got the right idea here.. Since they don't seem to update the library much anyway, maybe I just make a fork of what they've got for my own purposes. Just thought maybe other people have been running into this issue and would want the feature, but maybe it's not that important.
  29. capricorn one

Thanks Steve, not really sure I understand what your points are though? I get that not all boards let you choose which pin is the CS pin, but that's kind of the point, they're not all 10. And none of the libraries use the hardware SS pin control anyways, it just needs to be a digital IO pin. So...
  30. capricorn one

Audio adapter and library noob frustration

Pretty much a noob when it comes to that kind of stuff... anywhere you can point me to so I can learn the proper way? Would be much appreciated!
  31. capricorn one

Anyone out there on this?
  32. capricorn one

Been wanting this for a long time, curious if there's a reason why it hasn't been implemented. Same way the SD library allows you to specify the chip select pin (which can be done from and DIO pin), would be great if this same pin could be changed in the Ethernet library. In addition, for people...
  33. capricorn one

Didn't hear a response from anyone on this issue... just want to make sure it gets included in the next build if possible?
  34. capricorn one

Found it!! This is a first for me, but it's actually a problem in the core function. The first line of the sendRealTime() function reads : uint32_t data = ( (type & 0xFF) | ((type << 8) & 0xFF00) ); but it should actually just be : uint32_t data = ( (0x0F) | ((type << 8) & 0xFF00) ); See...
  35. capricorn one

That's all I was looking for, gives me a reason to keep trying to sort out my problem, will post when I find out what I'm doing wrong in case anyone else is going down the wrong path. Thanks as always for your quick and helpful responses Paul, allows us to keep moving forward with our...
  36. capricorn one

Ah, figured it had something to do with that. Thanks Paul. Am I to assume then that the usbMIDI.sendRealTime() function works properly then? Just something wrong on my end probably?
  37. capricorn one

Also, just looking more closely at the function in the core midi code it looks like it doubles up the real time message from one byte to, two duplicate bytes : uint32_t data = ( (type & 0xFF) | ((type << 8) & 0xFF00) ); where type is the single byte real time midi message, after data type...
  38. capricorn one

Just curious if this is still the case with usbMIDI on the teensy. Been trying to get the teensy to act as midi master clock, but not having any luck receiving midi clock (0xF8) messages. In the core there's a function for sendRealTime( data ) written, and it looks like it should work, but I'm...
  39. capricorn one

Teensyduino Install Problems

Oh of course, was looking in the wrong spot. Guess there's something else wrong, thanks for the help!
  40. capricorn one

Teensyduino Install Problems

I'm trying to install Teensyduino 1.24 with Arduino 1.6.4 or 1.6.3, I've tried both at this point. The problem I'm running into is kind of strange, the installer runs and finishes without throwing any errors, but not all the files are replaced. I can't say which ones are updated or not other...
  41. capricorn one

Disable UART RX Teensy 3.x

Ugh...well, doing some quick research, it looks like the RX enable bit is written every time a byte is written usingC2_TX_ACTIVE below, so I would have alter the core code in this case... #ifdef HAS_KINETISK_UART1_FIFO #define C2_ENABLE UART_C2_TE | UART_C2_RE | UART_C2_RIE | UART_C2_ILIE...
  42. capricorn one

Disable UART RX Teensy 3.x

Wondering if anyone has done this, I saw someone got it working on the Teensy 2.0, but obviously it will be different on the 3.x. Need to use the transmitter for Serial2 and Serial3 on Teensy 3.1, but I also need the RX pins to be inputs. I'm guessing I can just change the register with the...
  43. capricorn one

Teensy 3.x Crystal

Ah! Okay, got it working. Kind of a funny one, well to me it is. I'm sure if I had just shared my schematic from the start, Paul or someone else would've pointed out the problem right away, oh well, it did help me find the future problems I would've had with the crystal and the VBAT pin. So...
  44. capricorn one

Teensy 3.x Crystal

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've got the VBAT pin connected to the 3.3V power now annnd am back wondering about the crystal :/ Before, there was no signal on the crystal pins (0 volts). Now there is a pretty constant 500mV voltage on the pins. So, to me it seems like the crystal isn't...
  45. capricorn one

Teensy 3.x Crystal

Good advice. I'm thinking that must be where my problem is. So far, everything looks right, except I did notice one thing. I didn't connect the VBAT pin to anything. I thought that since I'm not using the RTC I didn't need this, but maybe I'm not understanding what that pin really does?? I'll...
  46. capricorn one

Teensy 3.x Crystal

I just realized that maybe the crystal shouldn't be running until the teensy has been programmed with a sketch? Does the bootloader initialize the external clock circuitry, or is this done in the sketch?
  47. capricorn one

Teensy 3.x Crystal

Thanks Paul, I went through that stuff after seeing the other threads, unfortunately I can't do anything to the code yet because I can't program the device. Resetting the Mini54 seems to be functioning properly, but there's no response from the MK20
  48. capricorn one

Teensy 3.x Crystal

There's a few threads in the forum about this, and I've been able to pretty much narrow my problem down to the crystal, but rather than hijack an old thread I figured I'd ask a more direct question. I've got a pcb made to use the MK20DX128VLH7 and the MINI54LAN from PJRC with the bootloader...
  49. capricorn one

teensy 3.1 pin mapping (A10-14)

I knew I missed it. Thank you!!!
Back