Search results

1. J

uBlox Library

Thats not a sketch, thats the header file from the library. Try looking in the example folder. you will find this. #include "UBLOX.h" // a uBlox object, which is on hardware // serial port 1 with a baud rate of 115200 UBLOX gps(Serial1,115200); void setup() { // serial to display data...
  2. J

uBlox Library

Probably caused by not showing your code... Sounds like a problem with your development environment. Are you using Plateform IO or something? Can you please attached your Arduino sketch using the proper CODE tags.
  3. J

Laser Tag With Teensy 4.0

Your post is a bit hard to read, so you need these features: - SPI for sound (Not sure why? Just use Teensy I2S) - I2C LCD, I would use SPI here if you can, much faster - UART, RF backhaul - PWM for laser - various IO for user input. Teensy 4 is cool but probably overkill and power intensive...
  4. J

Teensy 4 USB speed

I haven't not purchased a Teensy 4 yet and im wondering if anyone has done a USB speed test? It would be great if someone could update this chart: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/benchmark_usb_serial_receive.html I have a project in mind to send images over USB, 1HZ quasi video, so it would be...
  5. J

All things - Low Power

Bump, Sorry guys I did my best to search but what pin states have the lowest sleep current? I know in the Atmel AVR world there is a big difference: All pins as outputs, and LOW: 0.35 µA All pins as outputs, and HIGH: 1.86 µA. All pins as inputs, and LOW (in other words, internal pull-ups...
  6. J

Custom Teensy Board, Manufacturing Defects

I find the EEVblog forum is really good for questions like this. Plenty of knowledgeable people ready to help. Do a search as it probably has been asked already. Also out of curiosity was they any special requirements for your board? Lead-free or super fine BGA stuff? For QFN and BGA...
  7. J

Teensy LC pull-up

Yes, all the digital pins can do internal pullup or pulldown. If you are using the Serial interface(s) the function Serial.Begin() will override the pin direction though. No need to specify pin direction with serial.
  8. J

DIY teensy 3.5

Can you post your schmatic? To clarify what Paul is asking. The MKL02/ MKL04 chips (Only from PJRC) hold a custom bootloader that gets put into the main processor whenever you push the button. This allows for "brick proof" designing and testing as one would do on a Teensy,. From a regular...
  9. J

Yet another SPI Flash question

Some notes for SPI flash based on my experience: Maximum size I have seen is 128Mbit. This is 16Mbytes, max. The most common form factor is 8-pad DFN/QFN. They can be hard to solder but not impossible with hand tools. 100MHz allows for some fast speeds, especially if you can use QSPI mode (x4...
  10. J

Teensy LC not sleeping with SPI Flash

NEVERMIND! Apparently my scope just wonky. Maybe time for a new one... Have a nice day!
  11. J

Teensy LC not sleeping with SPI Flash

Ok I have lost about 6 hours of hair so i need to consult some outside help.. I am using a Teensy LC to do basic datalogging but i cant get the LC to sleep properly. The problem seems to be the inclusion of the SPI memory library. If i comment out flash.begin(); and flash.powerDown(); I can...
  12. J

uBlox Library

Ah my mistake. I didn't see that the Neo M8N had flash. I'm used to working with the Max and Eva series. Space and power savings on 1.8v!
  13. J

uBlox Library

Gennady1990 did you figure this out? Just so you know The ublox chips dont't have any permanent memory unless you attached a QSPI flash chip. The Flash chip can store configurations, firmware, and AssistNow information. So every time you boot up the M8N you need to send a configuration package...
  14. J

1.8V support for Teensy LC and 3.2

I have successfully converted a few Teensy 3.2 and LC to work on 1.8v. The VOUT33 and VDD rails need to be separated then you can feed 1.8v to the "3.3v". Instant power savings for those of use building data loggers. So my suggest for future versions. Maybe LC 1.1 and Teensy 3.3. Separate the...
  15. J

Teensy on battery power with USB power when available

Couple pointers on your project. The MCP73831 will work but your plan has a big risk of under volting the battery which is bad for lion. The Teensy 3.2 and LC both have integrated 3.3v regulators which can accept up to 5.5v. Feeding it straight from the battery will work but i would suggest an...
  16. J

SoftwareSerial broken for Teensy LC

OK. Thanks for the quick response Paul. I am having trouble communicating with a specific modem on a built pcb and i may have my TX/RX backwards. I was trying to test with software real quick. The datasheet isn't exactly the clearest.
  17. J

OH. So no software serial on LC? Bummer.
  18. J

Teensy LC

nefarious if you need more memory what about an SPI flash chip? They can be had under $1. Also what are you storing that is so big!? Ive used the LC for a few projects and my biggest was 47K (74%)
  19. J

Miniaturization MKL02/04 Out of the PCB

You totally can but are you really saving much space? Surely the size of a pin header (even 2x6 @ 1mm pitch) is going to be bigger than the MKL02 chip? You could also externalize the USB and some diagnostics LEDs if you want. get more worth out of the connector/ daughter board.
  20. J

Seems there is a problem with software serial on the Teensy LC. When i run the following code my IC just freezes up. Any tips here? I am using pins 1 and 0 to determine if i wired my device backwards. Arduino 1.8.7 with Teensyduino 1.44 I am using library SoftwareSerial at version 1.0 in...
  21. J

Working: Semi-accurate "RTC" for Teensy LC from internal clock

Another update for anyone reading these. There seems to be a small glitch with TMcGahee code and maybe the LC chip. The RTC wont tick unless the RTC_TSR value is set to a none zero value. I solved this by setting RTC_TSR to 300 inside the LC_RTC_enable() function.
  22. J

Teensy 3.2 at 1.8V (not 3.3V)

Just wanted to bump this thread if there was any development? I'm also developing an ultra low power solution based on Teensy. 3.2 Looking at the data sheet I found the following diagram which leads to conclude that what you propose can work just fine. I assume?! that the USB controller will...
  23. J

Working: Semi-accurate "RTC" for Teensy LC from internal clock

Bumping this thread to get some more clarification and discussion. My personal goal is an LC based, long term data logger, so power efficiency is the focus at the expense of RTC accuracy (GPS will update RTC every 30 minutes anyway). So the LC RTC module can source its clock from OSC32KCLK (is...
  24. J

MKL26Z64VLH4 64 pin LQFP IC with teensy LC

Well not without a generous donation right? :p Ok ill give it a shot. Ideally I would hope it works exactly the same since i want to prototype with LQFP and production will be QFN. Excellent community support as always Paul!
  25. J

MKL26Z64VLH4 64 pin LQFP IC with teensy LC

Im going to bump this thread instead of making a new one. Can the MKL26Z64VLH4 be used in place of the QFN version? And there will be no issue with the MKL04Z32 Bootloader?
  26. J

Teensy 3.1 Parts List

Ok thanks MuShoo.
  27. J

Teensy 3.1 Parts List

Ok. I usually go by once per week. I dont think Paul has a rule here yet. Yea i did see the thread from EK701 and the schematic has some numbers as well so i have most of the important stuff but i would really appreciate a working parts like to reduce any potential problems.
  28. J

Teensy 3.1 Parts List

What is the bump policy here? If anyone has a part list i would really appreciate it.
  29. J

Mixology. Volume device for gamers

Hi guys. For anyone interested im providing an update. The kickstarter was unable to reach its goal. This was partly because of the cost but also my inability to market the device. So to address the first problem I am starting from scratch and redesigning. If anyone was interested please like...
  30. J

Teensy 3.1 Parts List

Sorry stevech if this sounds dumb but where in the Digikey BOM manager can I find these lists? I'm not looking to make a new list of parts but I just want someones existing list where I don't have to track down the exact crystal and resistors used in the Teensy 3.1.
  31. J

Random thoughts on code bloat

Don't forget that high level programming will involve more libraries. If you want small code size you need to program in assembly which is not feasible for everything except microwave ovens. So the cost of easy programming and compatibility is bigger programs.
  32. J

Teensy 3.1 Parts List

Would anyone who has completed a standalone Teensy 3.1 care to share their Bill of Materials? I would like to reduce any potential headaches with making a custom board. I am looking for something like this: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/StandalonePartList Thank you.
  33. J

Creating a GUI of sorts - Teensy 3.1 and 2.2" ILI9341 Display

What are you drawing to the screen? Simple text and lines are drawn very quickly. Bitmaps can take a little longer. I would remove or reduce the microdelays in adafruits library because they were written for slow Arduino. Also remember that USB has buffer space on both ends so you wont be...
  34. J

Windows XP support in 2015 and beyond

It doesn't seem like winusb is available as a standalone package however if you have the Windows Driver Kit there is a guide to make a driver package which could be supplied to users. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff540283%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#howto
  35. J

Yes, winusb is not out of the box, but Paul to get Winusb on older xp/vista all you need to do is install a windows update. WinUSB v1.9 (KB971286). I bet you could even package this update with Teensyduino. I think the ability to just about every USB method at once should at least warrant an...
  36. J

No from my understanding Winusb allows more direct access to the hardware (teensy) from a PC. Instead of using a bulk transfer like an HID packet or a serial interface prone to dropping and confusion, you can just write to a data pipe or initiate a control transfer. Here is all the default...
  37. J

Hi Paul, I think this article will answer most of your questions. I am by no means an winusb expert but its extra flexibility makes it like a usbHID on steroids. You can use winusb without a driver, the default winusb.inf allows for the use of several pre-determined descriptors. And yes, from...
  38. J

ILI9163C 128x128 TFT driver

SumoToy sounds like a really cool display. Were you able to write any bitmaps to it? I would be cool to learn how fast that chip can write a bitmap. Also if you want to run your Teensy at 96mhz just add a delay to the Shiftout function. Here is my example for a Digole display.
  39. J

Pulling this back to the top. Paul to put in my 2c I would support the use of Winusb. I have a project in mind that needs alot of data.
  40. J

Mixology. Volume device for gamers

Hi guys. Just thought I would share what I have been working on. Its not complete yet but I hope to have the kickstarter page up by the end of the month. www.kickstarter.com/projects/94625964/202423698?token=9e0ff3c1 So this is based on the Teensy 3.1 USB HID protocols. 4 0.96in OLED screens...
  41. J

Teensy 3 Analog Read

Yea i just wish the Jitter was on the other end. Oh well. Suppose I can put in an offset/ calibration.
  42. J

Teensy 3 Analog Read

I am using the basic code found here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/tutorial4.html at default resolution the range is 1 to 1023. at 8 bits resolution the lowest value is still 1. at 16 bits resolution the low value jumps around from 0 to 3. This is most prevalent on A0 and A1. What's interesting...
  43. J

Teensy 3 Analog Read

Bumping an old thread. I am having this problem as well. I can only read 1 to 1023. Analog pin tied to AGND or regular ground.
  44. J

SPI and Digole Display Clock divider problems.

OK! So for anyone that finds this thread I did find a dirty workaround. Within the DigoleSerial.h I rewrote the shiftOut function. So I added these lines and replaced shiftOut with the new shiftOut2. Hope this helps someone else.
  45. J

Thanks for the quick reply Paul. So I have adjusted the clock speed however I still can not get any response from this LCD. Where would be the next place to look? In the Arduino code they use shiftOut. This method should work in the same way as SPI.Transfer() correct?
  46. J

Hardware: Teensy 3.1 Digole True Color OLED 96x64 http://www.digole.com/index.php?productID=882 Wired as per defaults with SS on pin 10 I am trying to get my Teensy to communicate with the Digole display over an SPI interface however I can not seem to get the display to respond. Using the...
Back