Search results

1. U

Options for 'bare-metal' development

The first post in this thread was: "Hi, I am doing a development for a CNC/Motion Controller. As a first target HW I want to run it on a Teensy3.5" I've been worked on this off an on for two years, having Teacup and and Marlin both running on Teensy 3.1, and was interested in this new thread...
  2. U

Options for 'bare-metal' development

GPIO Pinout for MY 3D printer based on Teensy 3.1 A couple years ago, I prototyped up a Teensy 3.1 based 3D printer based on some work by an engineer at Freescale. http://arduino-pi.blogspot.ca/2014/12/teensy-31-repstrap-printer-with-dc.html I have been dabbling with it off and on for the...
  3. U

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #1 Available

Yep. Agreed. I too have a pine64. Brought it up one night... and back to the Pi (I've got six of them for various projects. Two in the rover alone, a 3b for overall command and control, as well as a Zero for Open CV) Again. Thank you for your insight.
  4. U

Thank you Michael. I'm early enough on in my project to realize that this won't likely be my only stumbling block, so have dropped to the "known stable" 32bit track. i'm here to build a robot, not trailblaze 64bit arm. lol
  5. U

1.29 working fine on 32bit Ubuntu Mate 16.04. I'm quite fine with this. thank you again everyone. appreciated as always. Michael
  6. U

I need (really want) the 64bit processing for the map manipulations I'm doing on my rover. I've got almost real-time LIDAR mapping surroundings and attempting path planning from A-B. There's a significant benefit to doing this in 64bit.
  7. U

Hmmm... I'm going to spin a few more cycles trying to see if I can throw an error message. Was talking with an engineer over at ARM, and he insists that one of the architecture features of 64bit arm is the ability to run 32bit code natively within a 64bit OS. Sorry for the back and forth.
  8. U

Yes, I have successfully tested 1.29 on Raspian on this board (I love the fact that changing an OS is as simple as swapping a micro SD card -- or multibooting from noobs) I'm grabbing the standard 32bit aarch32 (ARMv7) version of Ubuntu Mate now, and will work from that. Thanks for the quick...
  9. U

Thanks for all of your hard work Paul. Truly appreciated. What would it take to port to ARM 64bit? aka Raspberry Pi 3b / Ubuntu-Mate 64bit. The 32bit arm "http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_129-be...stall.linuxarm" doesn't even throw an error, but just returns to prompt. Of course I had to be...
  10. U

Adafruit Motor Shield V2 library edited for Teensy 3.1 and i2c_t3

Servos or Steppers? - Teensy 3.1 So if you are talking steppers then you absolutely need the H-Bridge. Either the one mentioned above, or any (ANY) H-bridge with enough current to drive your stepper. In my discussion above, I chose to use the Adafruit Motor shield, because it used I2C and...
  11. U

I am using physical 4.7k pullup resistors on SDA/SCL I wonder if that's the difference?
  12. U

3D Printer Software with Teensy 3.1

I'd love to say I have a video of it printing... The Marlin code *IS* running wonderfully on it. Heated bed and Extruder temperatures are being maintained. Extruder stepper works as expected. Using either Repetier, or GCODE on SD card, I can move the X/Y/Z AXES about, and trace out a 3D...
  13. U

Marlin Firmware on Teensy 3.1 with Analog Thermistor's for Extruder and Bed functioning...
  14. U

It's all good Paul. You've enabled us. Now we must do our part. I'm "cheating" some would say. Rather than placing inline ARM code for ADC... which I'm not good at at all, I'm using the existing ADC library from here. I'm also using your Timer library, and bringing in the more robust PID...
  15. U

Here is an update on my Teensy 3.1 / Marlin project. http://arduino-pi.blogspot.ca/2015/04/repetier-successfully-connected-and.html The difference is that I'm replacing all of the Stepper logic with Closed loop DC servomotor/Quadrature Encoder. I've got some success on moving the X/Y axis...
  16. U

Looks great! Good luck! Nice to see people using the Teensy! Let us know how you are progressing!
  17. U

Teacup_Firmware on Teensy 3.1 not initializing USB Serial

Ok... totally my mistake... copied and pasted the git checkout line, and was using a teensy3 branch of Teacup_Firmware by mistake. checked out the appropriate branch, and low and behold, /dev/ttyACM0 shows up. Repetier host now sees my Teensy3.1 as Teacup firmware. If you are interested, I...
  18. U

Teacup_Firmware on Teensy 3.1 not initializing USB Serial

I've successfully compiled the latest Teensy 3.1 branch of Teacup_Firmware as per intrstructions on the Reprap wiki I'm using Ubuntu Linux 14.10. No more errors in compile using Paul's most recent teensyduino 1.21 I've associated it with Arduino IDE v1.0.6, but am actually compiling with...
  19. U

Hardware Quadrature Code for Teensy 3.x

Thank you tlb. Greatly appreciated.
  20. U

I'm not sure what you mean by "serially exporting the count"? So the K20 uC in the Teensy has two "Flex Timer Modules" that have a purpose built Quadrature Decode capability. Yes, they use interrupts. But the processor runs at 72Mhz. You would have to be issuing several hundred thousand...
  21. U

My latest project pairs the Teensy 3.1 with Adafruit's Motor Shield V2. To make this library work with the Teensy, and specifically the new I2C library, I replaced all references to <Wire.h> with <i2c_t3.h> Upon compile, there were warnings about uint8_t values being passed to the new wire...
  22. U

My build-Prep stage: Teensy 3.1 Repstrap printer with DC motor control and Flex Timer Quadrature Encoders http://arduino-pi.blogspot.ca/2014/12/teensy-31-repstrap-printer-with-dc.html
  23. U

I'm working along similar lines, but using TLB's hardware implementation for EncX / EncY. Hardware pin interrupts for EncZ1 and EncZ2 (left and right). My theory being that the Z axis gets very little overall motion, and will contribute little to performance degradation. As I said... it's a...
  24. U

Has anyone prototyped a "shield" for this role yet? ie: Connectors for a pair of Quadrature encoders, endstops, and either a pair of H-Bridges to drive DC motors or at least signals to an external Motor driver. I'm switching up from a pair of Arduino Pro minis driving my DC motor REPSCRAP 3D...
Back