Search results

1. M

Can Teensy 3.x receive MIDI on pin 7 or 9? Or is it really only Serial1?

MIDI.h says... // Use Serial1 on all Teensy boards, because Serial is USB virtual serial // Arduino.h must be included before MIDI.h to define CORE_TEENSY #if defined(CORE_TEENSY) #undef USE_SERIAL_PORT #define USE_SERIAL_PORT Serial1 #endif ...but the date on that file is older than...
  2. M

Displaying outgoing usbMIDI info onboard

I've got a MIDI controller with several inputs and a 7-segment LED that I'd like to have display the Control Numbers or Values of outgoing usbMIDI messages. "usbMIDI.read()" is only for incoming MIDI, correct? This code does NOT WORK. This is only how my mind wants it to work. #include...
  3. M

Do I have to include unneeded libraries in the sketch?

Say I have a library with two parts (all in the same folder): 1) foo.cpp / foo.h which #include “Bounce.h” 2) bar.cpp / bar.h which #include “Encoder.h” I want to write fooExample.ino which should only require “Bounce.h” so I #include <Bounce.h> #include “foo.h” How can I get that sketch to...
  4. M

Misspelling of "TRANSMIT" in usb_desc.h caused a compile error.

Every instance of the word "TRANSMIT" is misspelled as "TRANSIMIT" in usb_desc.h (and presumably elsewhere). I needed to add an ENDPOINTx_CONFIG line and got a compile error because I typed "TRANSMIT" correctly. Otherwise, the code and comments are beautiful and I had no trouble getting my...
  5. M

remember user-input boolean values after power off?

Hi, I'm making a teensy midi controller with a few small buttons. Sometimes I need button to be momentary and sometimes I need a latch. It's easy enough to make the button behaviors switchable by using boolean values and a 'shift' button. But is there anyway to save those boolean values after...
Back