Search results

1. D

saw in local news yesterday

I saw in yesterday's local news about thieves high jacking wireless car key codes and thought the device looked like it is using a teensy. sure enough, I found this on a google search https://www.wired.com/2015/08/hackers-tiny-device-unlocks-cars-opens-garages/ The device shown in the news is...
  2. D

Complete implementation of UART hardware flow control

This change is based on the other thread on adding rts/cts flow control. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/29446-Teensy-Hardware-Flow-Control-RTS-CTS I initially tried that and found out it still results in buffer overrun. This code guarantees there is no data loss with rts/cts enabled, even...
  3. D

can default pin 13 not be used as SCK on SD card?

I tested connecting an SD card module to teensy 3.1 and thought I'd use the default pins for simplicity. We all know pin 13 is used for LED and it is also SPI SCK pin. So I thought it would be cool to see the led blink when there is SD card activity. So I run the sdinfo example and it only...
  4. D

teensyduino uploading to the wrong teensy if more than 1 teensy is connected

I connected 2 teensies to my laptop and it seems like teensyduino will upload program to the wrong teensy (not the one the com port is set to). You have to upload to one, switch to the other com port, then upload a different program, and the program uploads to the first one, or something like...
  5. D

Serial receive buffer overrun - is there a way to stop receiving if buffer is full?

I've been debugging my code using Serial for over a week wondering why it was not working. Only today I found out it is due to default 64 byte receive buffer size. When teensy is sending a large amount of data, and not reading, and during this time the teensy keeps receiving serial data beyond...
  6. D

teensy 3.1 print to serial not showing on serial monitor

I have a teensy 3.1 that just stopped showing prints to serial monitor. The blink program runs fine, as the led blinks, but just no serial print output. If I run the same blink program on another teensy 3.1, it works just fine, I see the serial monitor output. On the teensy where I don't get...
  7. D

need help to get oled to work

I just got an I2C oled and tried the examples from adafruit and u8glib and nothing works. I2C scanner reports address as 0x3C and I have adjusted those on the respective library. Anything else I can try or did I get a defective oled (besides the misaligned screen)? on adafruit library...
  8. D

ok to use CR1225 for Teensy 3.1 RTC VBAT?

I always read to use CR2032 for VBAT and have not found any mention if CR1225 can be used. I need a smaller backup battery size hence considering CR1225. The datasheet for K20 says Idd_vbat is 0.67uA @1.8V and 0.94uA @3v. Let's say we use 1uA. CR1225 is rated 47mah. The battery should last at...
  9. D

How to wire reset switch

According to the schematic, the reset line is just floating. If I want to connect a pushbutton switch, do I just add a switch to ground? No pullup or anything? tnx
  10. D

what are the pads under teensy 3.1 board?

What are the pads under the teensy 3.1 board for? There are pads for reset and D- and D+, but I see 6 more unlabelled pads.
  11. D

is pin change interrupt flag cleared when interrupt handler is called?

I'm using pin change interrupt on 2 pins, and both calls the same interrupt handler routine. Inside the interrupt handler routine, I try to distinguish between the 2 pins by checking the interrupt status flag for the pin, but it seems the state is always cleared, so in below code, both pins...
  12. D

cannot get CC3000 to work with T3.1 in server mode. UNO works fine

I got a second CC3000 thinking I might have a bad CC3000 since I could not get server mode to work. client mode works fine, like buildtest. So I wired up the module using UNO and it works just fine. http server and chatserver works on UNO. I am using the stock arduino adafruit CC3000 library...
  13. D

latest SPI from PaulStoffregen/SPI gets compile error

I installed PaulStoffregen/SPI and PaulStoffregen/Adafruit_CC3000 and none of the SPI and cc3000 examples compile on teensy 3.1 setting. It compiles if I roll back the last commit in SPI.
Back