Search results

1. B

3D Printer Software with Teensy 3.1

Hi Paul, do you know the current status of this project? It looks like unix_guru ran off the road a little bit with DC motors and encoders instead of steppers. I am building a Prusa 3d printer with the RAMBo board and am very interested how I can use Teensy for the brains of this setup. Is...
  2. B

Teensy 3.1 Serial I/O re: rosserial

Hi all. I am attempting to establish communication between Teensy 3.1 and BeagleBone Black via the ROS Serial communication package. This is supported on the Teensy side by the ros_lib library which has been updated to support Teensy 3.1. Unfortunately, when Teensy 3.1 is recognized the...
  3. B

Teensy 3.1 UART

Hi, hope this is a good place to post... I'm trying to get ROSSerial running between Teensy 3.1 and Beaglebone Black. I installed ros_lib and downloaded the "Hello World" example to Teensy. It runs, but there doesn't seem to be any choice as to which UART to use. Does anybody know which...
  4. B

Teensy Hardware Flow Control RTS/CTS

What I want to do is publish a ROS topic from Teensy to the ROS master machine (Beaglebone Black). It is laser scan data, so it might be bulky. I'm not a ROS guru and so haven't quite figured out how the data is processed at the receiving end. I'm imagining that the serial protocol handler is...
  5. B

Teensy Hardware Flow Control RTS/CTS

Hi Duff, this looks good. I realize this may be a dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway: Is there a hardware-only implementation? If there is, could you post an example of how to set it up?
  6. B

Interrupts for UART using Teensy 3.1 or 3.0

Beaglebone CTS/RTS There seem to be some issues surrounding the configuration and use of CTS/RTS on Beaglebone but it does seem feasible to implement them. I would be interested to work with you on getting this to work.
  7. B

Interrupts for UART using Teensy 3.1 or 3.0

Nice work! I got the loopback test running and it looks awesome. Would this work to communicate with a Beaglebone Black? Is there any flow control to stop the transmission if the receive buffer is full at the other end? I want to make the Teensy a node on a ROS network hosted by the Beaglebone.
  8. B

Translating Lidar Lite I2C example to Teensy

After some experimentation I got the code running reliably on Teensy 3.1 at 96MHz by changing the delay in the "C" loop from 1ms to 5ms. I had been getting 8-10 "C"'s each time before receiving an ACK. Increasing the delay resulted in only 1 "C" consistently and stable operation at 12ms/sample.
  9. B

I2C Slave not responding

Hello again, Turned out to be a flaky breadboard. Sorry for the distraction. Bob
  10. B

I2C Slave not responding

Thanks for the quick response. I tried it with the Wire library and slave_sender example. The responses on the Beaglebone were still negative, but much slower than before. The Linux utility I am using is "i2c-tools". There is a good tutorial on installing and using it here...
  11. B

I2C Slave not responding

Hi, I'm trying to establish I2C communications between a Beaglebone Black and Teensy 3.1. The Teensy is to be the slave. I've communicated with other I2C devices from the Beaglebone, so I don't think the problem is at that end. I have 4.7K pullups to 3.3 volts on both the data and clock pins...
Back