Search results

1. J

Avoiding I2C bus lock using MCU-driven I2C Slaves

I've been hitting a roadblock where the I2C bus gets wedged during resets and sketch loads and requires a full power off to restore sanity. The setup is a Teensy 3.2 attached to three custom boards each running a SAMD11 with an I2C slave code and pull up resistors. This setup works just fine...
  2. J

Fastled and SSD1306

I'm creating a clock for my daughter that has a 60 Neopixel ring AND a SSD1306 OLED display. I am using a Teensy 3.2 and a prop shield to level shift and buffer the neopixels. I've been noticing that I cannot seem to get the SSD1306 to work AND the strip of neopixels. I am using the adafruit...
  3. J

Rotary Encoder Debugging on SAMD11

Not sure if this is a technical support question or just a general request for project help. I'm working on a project called Makernet where I am designing lots of little devices that are all accessible on an I2C-like bus. This is a OSH project. This project aims to use a Teensy as one of the...
  4. J

Issue with clock on DIY Teensy

Hi Teensy community - After successfully getting a DIY teensy working for one of my hobbiest projects last year, I decided to try again and this time I've run into trouble. I was hoping someone could help shed some light on what I should do next to troubleshoot. I've narrowed things down to the...
  5. J

Audio wave board using Teensy + Prop Shield

I'm looking to build a small portable toy for my daughter that plays different sounds. I've had a lot of fun using the Teensy 3.2 + prop shield to generate synth music following Paul's many examples, but now I want to integrate this into part of a larger project. My ideal situation would be...
  6. J

Bringing up Teensy "Clone" - help re: USB

First, a big thanks to Paul and everyone here. The Teensy system has been the bedrock of my hobby projects for the last 3 years. I finally got around to trying to make my own teensy, mainly so I could one day build something more "integrated" and compact and also to level up my weekend hacker...
  7. J

neopixel compass not working with prop shield

I'm seeing some odd behavior with Kaiman filtering and the prop shield. After a minute of great heading calculations, suddently the readings become sluggish and incorrect. I am using Teensy 3.2 on a IMU prop shield, running at 72Mhrz. My application is fairly straightforward: I have a ring of...
  8. J

FastLED freezing with prop shield

I just received my prop shield with IMU and Teensy 3.2 and I've encountered a strange, repeatable hang using the FastLED library. I am using the "FirstLight" sketch with the examples provided by Paul on the main page to raise pin 7. When powered by USB, the whole teensy freezes after about 5...
  9. J

SSD1351 SD Card access?

I'm building a cool toy for my daughter with the Teensy 3.1 and a SSD1351 from Adafruit. I'm running into trouble getting access to the SD card while also driving the display. When I use the adafruit libraries, all of the examples work although the refresh rate is terrible. In search of a better...
  10. J

High current USB negotiation during enumeration

I just ported over a USB-powered FTDI+AVR project to a Teensy 3.1 and noticed many voltage sags during high loads on some motors and 12V lamps that I didn't see before. I am driving an 1970-era aviation electromechanical display with a 12V step-up converter. I recall reading that the FTDI...
Back