Search results

1. C

MKL02 / MKL04 Bootloader Chips Available

Wow the MKL04 so much nicer to route and use compared to the MINITAN. I am super glad i swapped over!!
  2. C

Custom Teensy not uploading firmware

Yeah just needed to connect GND to the crystal pads. Remove the wires that I attached when I tried inverting the USB signal wires. And getting 3.3v back to the board. DOUBLE CHECK everything before getting a board printed. Simple issue like forgetting a GND connection was enough for me to loose...
  3. C

Well well well. Guess what. The thing works!!!! Thank you to all that helped. Just goes to show that USB differential lines ARE FRICKING IMPORTANT. So when I added the other usb cable when we first thought D- and D+ were swapped and windows began complaining about the failed device...
  4. C

Wow we think alike. I have already filed off the soldermask on another board ready to gnd those pads. :) I might try that on the current board also. I think that I might try the 5x5. But the capacitors are not that far away right? And the mini tan seems to behaving correctly, unless my scope...
  5. C

Yes that part from adafruit is confusing as hell. At first when you said that they were wrong, I just looked at the order of the usb connector and thought that is was wrong. So I flipped the wires, then I got the failed device descriptor. But then constantin challenged us, so I looked over them...
  6. C

Hmmm that is an interesting read. I like that. So you try to implement jumpers in favour of vias all the time? Most of the time? Or just try to keep your gnd planes separated and route between them? I also like the way that you send the power around your boards. I will also try that next...
  7. C

Well that was a stupid statement on my behalf. Of course the crystal needs to come up after the bootloader is send from the minitan or the MK20 cant communicate over USB to receive the firmware from teensy loader. grounding the crystal still leaves Windows complaining about failed device...
  8. C

Thank you SOOOO much for your feedback and review of my design. 1. Fark me. Good pick up. Those crystal's always get me!!!! :( 2. I never really cared before on small pcbs. (but maybe i should. I normally use atmega8 and atmega32u4 and they were really forgiving on power, well at least for me...
  9. C

Just realised how poor of an image my pcb layout was. Here is another. Is my routing bad?
  10. C

That is exactly what I have been trying, not even attempted my own code yet. I am using the minitan.
  11. C

New Bulk Order of 10 x Teensy 3.2 - none of them recognised by OSX or Win8

I thought the exact same a few weeks back. We had already purchased 80 teensy 3.1 for our project, and then ordered the last 20 (which came as 3.2) and plugged them in to a few systems. I was screaming, but I thought I would just try and upload, and voila it worked. Later researching that this...
  12. C

Okay so I swapped the pins (cut off the end of a usb cable and soldered straight to the board). I have some progress... Initially pc does not detect anything. Press PROG and the device then is enumerated, however as an Unknown USB device, Descriptor Request Failed. And the MK is not...
  13. C

Shhheeeett!!!!!! I think I have. I just looked back over Pauls, and Phils and I look wrong!!!! I will go try and reverse them now and see if I can get it to work. I will post some feedback. Thank you onehorse.
  14. C

Hi all, Long time lurker, first time poster. I have scoured through the forums and have gotten so far with my project. Bit of background: I designed and built a compression tester (well 100 of them) using a 3.1/3.2(oshpark version) socketed. Now it is time for me to move away from the socket...
Back