Search results

1. vangalvin

23lc1024

Sadly the last one I had I let the majic smoke out of. The only other ones i have is in my sons guitar effects box. That has been soldered on to a DAC and an expansion board. Yea im based on Auckland
  2. vangalvin

Audio Recording to CF options

As part of my project I would like to record a short sample of mono audio to the CF then play it back in a loop. For testing purposes I am using the USB for sound in and out as it is easier in the aspect that I do not have to keep swapping over the speakers. to input the sound I am using...
  3. vangalvin

fake dupont/molex pins troubles

I had all sorts of issues on various projects over the last year that were traced back to the DuPont crimps. My last few projects ended up being shipped to Antarctica for a couple of research teams so to ensure there were not any issues I revered to soldering all the DuPont connectors on the...
  4. vangalvin

reading pots to adjust delay or delayext

The initial click when moving the pot is not too much of an issue as once you have the level set it should be nice and stable at that level. setting the pot to get to the desired delay etc will only be done during the setup phase and one it is set and the reading is stable it should not need to...
  5. vangalvin

I can see many bonuses in doing this on the next project, however for this one I was trying to use what I had in my parts bin. I have not yet played around with encoders but after seeing the i2c alps encoder that is looking like a great idea. Thank you for the suggestion.
  6. vangalvin

I have been working on a project for my son who has just moved from an acoustic guitar to electric guitar. The teensy 3.2 seems to be a great platform to build an effects pedal that has all sorts of features. One of the issues I have had is when using ADC1 for the pots, I seem to be getting a...
  7. vangalvin

Better Analog Signal Debounce

This has been a huge help thank you, I was having issues with adjusting an audio delay due to the jotter in the pot, this smoothed it out perfectly.
  8. vangalvin

Caltex SD Adapter and 23LC1024

@PaulStoffregen would I have been better off running two SPI's one for the CF and the other for RAM? especially if i am going to be recording and playing audio using the SD and passing it through a delayEXT. am i likely to set myself up for problems or performance issues? Also is there a way...
  9. vangalvin

FIXED!!!! Well it turns out that there is a fix!!!! and it works a treat. Kind of stunned I managed to do this with my beast soldering iron that has a tip measuring about 2mm in diamiter :) but its still not the most insane surface mount alteration I have done to date. List the leg of Pin 13...
  10. vangalvin

Well it would appear that the issue is Hardware and not software. If i pull the MISO link to the CF the sram works. connect the MISO to the CF and it stops working. I have it all running on 3.3V just to be sure there are not issues with the voltage. CS on the CF is sitting at 3.3V with no drops...
  11. vangalvin

The issue seems to be with the MISO connection, it seems as if the Caltex adapter is holding the MISO line at 3.3V when its not in use.
  12. vangalvin

Yes, that's what I thought. Must be something else going on somewhere possibly in my test code. I have tried the 5V rail and jumpered the regulator so it will run on 3.3V direct. I have altered the test code to use the delayExt much like in your example, when doing so with the power going to...
  13. vangalvin

Neither option seemed to work. The Caltex card is using an LCV125A. I wonder if the regulator could be causing an issue. the version board I have has not way to bypass it with a jumper/pads. I guess i could just short the in/out pins to bypass it.
  14. vangalvin

I have added a pull-up on the SRAM and ended up hard wiring a MicroSD adapter similar to this as well as added the pullup on the CS pin. now the ram is working OK but the CF is not. I will go back to the Caltex card and see if adding a pullup on the CS pin helps. hehe, Super stoked with the...
  15. vangalvin

HA, I think i found the issue.... The Caltex board is a 5V board. Although it is supposed to be 3.3V compliant and have a level converter it looks like if you try and run it with the 23LC1024 on the same SPI lines it will not work. I removed the board and the SRAM is working a treat. Add the...
  16. vangalvin

Still waiting for my audio adapter to arrive, Shipping down to this part of the planet is a little slow so it looks like its still about 3 weeks away. In the interim I have hooked up a Calted SD card adapter and that seems to be working well and wired in the 23LC1024 however before using it I...
  17. vangalvin

23lc1024

Thanks for that. I did not realise that it was only limited to the DelayEXT.
  18. vangalvin

23lc1024

This may be a silly question. I am waiting for my audio board to turn up. Shipping to NZ this time of year is real slow. In the interim I have been using the teensy 3.2 to create a few effects, its destined to end up being used as a guitar effects pedal for my son. Totally love some of the...
  19. vangalvin

Voltage reference question

Many Thanks for this solution, I was having similar issues. This sorted the issue out perfectly!
  20. vangalvin

Disable Effects at runtime or Add Remove Patch Cables

Here is what I ended up with, Its still a work in progress but so far it seems to be working OK. now to add in the control's #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> #define CHORUS_DELAY_LENGTH (16*AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES) short...
  21. vangalvin

Thanks guys, This is what I ended up doing. https://imgur.com/a/PZD9htb I was not sure if using a single input to multiple effects would cause issues in respect to taking up more processing power as power. If the signal is not present on the input of the effect then the effect is not run from...
  22. vangalvin

I am working on a little project for my son and would like to have multiple effects that can be switched on and off. at any time there will only be one effect between the ADC and the DAC / USB / PWM It looks like there is no way to swap around the patchleads at runtime and I cant see any way...
  23. vangalvin

Teensyduino 1.27 Beta #2 Available

For anyone else who may have had a similar issue. I was running 1.6.7 "Nightly" and was not able to install the Teensyduino 1.27 beta getting similar errors to what ratkins got. Removed and stepped back to 1.6.7 "Stable" and all worked perfectly. I had forgotten I upgraded to the nightly...
Back