Search results

1. E

SPI microSD card not found on Teensy 3.2

If I use a Teensy 3.5, the SPI microSD card is found and I'm able to read the files on it. With a Teensy 3.2, SD.begin(9) returns 0. I've tried using pin 10 for CS with the same results. p.s. I would switch to Teensy 4.1, but the code is using the TeensyStep library which isn't compatible...
  2. E

Hot chips

I have two Teensy 3.5's which have a chip getting too hot to touch. One responds when plugged into USB, one does not. The one which responds can't read or recognize a microSD card. Given the lack of new Teensy 3.5's or 3.6's, is there any hope of repairing these boards? p.s. I would...
  3. E

Enable new microSd card

Is it possible to enable a microSD card after it has been inserted in an active session? Currently, I have to turn the Teensy off, then on again for the card to be recognized.
  4. E

Nextion Intelligent touchscreen to Teensy 3.6

Is this wiring diagram correct to connect a 5V Nextion Intelligent touchscreen to a Teensy 3.6 through an SN74HCT125N level shifter? Tx from Teensy is connected to input 1a on the SN74HCT125N and Tx from Nextion is connected to input 2a. Inputs 3 and 4 are not used. Link to SN74HCT125N datasheet
  5. E

Unresponsive Teensy 3.5 when plugged into board

What would cause a Teensy 3.5 to not energize when plugged into a board? If a USB cable is plugged into the Teensy when the Teensy is not on the board, the Teensy energizes. The Teensy also works on an identical board (with slightly different components installed). Board on the bottom...
  6. E

default program

What program is loaded by default on new Teensies?
  7. E

Lost Serial port

My Teensy 3.5 won't respond on Serial. In Arduino, it shows the serial port as hid#vid_16C0&pid_0478 Bootloader (Teensy 3.5). How do I get the serial port restored?
  8. E

A microSD puzzle

My board has four SPI ports with common mosi, miso, and sck pins. CS pins are 9, 10, 15, and 24. I can use either the builtin microSD reader or an external reader connected to one of the SPI ports. The code to initialize the SD card: // SPI #define PIN_SPI_CS_10 10 #define PIN_SPI_CS_9 9...
  9. E

Setting SPI clock for reading sd card

I'm attempting to read an sd card attached to a Teensy 3.5 and also a Teensy 3.2. The Teensy 3.5 code works with no problem, but the Teensy 3.2 code fails. #ifdef TEENSY_35 if (!(SD.begin(BUILTIN_SDCARD))) { Serial.println("Unable to access the SD card"); delay(200); } #else //...
  10. E

Three broken Teensy 3.2s

Two of the Teensies have the same problem. The black chip located at the upper left (USB port on the left) gets extremely hot and neither of them respond when plugged into a Windows 10 machine. The third also gets hot, but it's the main processor and only when an external 5V PSU is plugged in...
  11. E

Multiple 3.3v and Gnd connections to PCB

Is there any advantage to connecting all of the 3.3v and Gnd connections on the Teensy to the ground and 3.3v planes on a PCB?
  12. E

TeensyStep build errors

The example HelloStepper fails to compile. First error is: PIT.h: 30:2: error: 'KINETISK_PIT_CHANNEL_t' does not name a type KINETISK_PIT_CHANNEL_t* channel = nullptr Any suggestions on how to resolve the error?
  13. E

Internal Pullup resistor as a Mosfet gate resistor

Are the internal pullup resistors suitable for mosfet gate resistors? For 5v Arduino, it seems 220 ohm resistor is appropriate for a gate resistor. If the internal pullup resistors are not suitable would the 220 ohm resistor be suitable for 3.3v Teensy?
  14. E

Wiring question for Teensy 3.2 and DRV8825 stepper driver

I'm planning on using a Teensy 3.2 to drive a Nema 17 stepper (2 amps/1.2 amps per leg) along with several limit switches and LEDs as well as a bluetooth module. I'll be using a Lipo 3S battery (11.1v) to drive the stepper. The bluetooth module needs 3.6 to 6v but I've seen several forum...
Back