Search results

1. C

FastLED v3.1.8 not working in parallel with teensy 3.6

Following up for anyone that is interested. It looks like there are 2 bugs. the first is common to both 3.1.6 and 3.1.8, and is a bug that kicks in if the assigned number of strips is 1. The second bug creates errors in 3.1.8 no matter how many strips you assign. But, in 3.1.8, if you...
  2. C

FastLED v3.1.8 not working in parallel with teensy 3.6

Hi - I am trying to build a test rig to use FastLED in parallel with a teensy 3.6, and it is not working as expected. When I use the following sketch, which cycles a strip through the rainbow and doesn't use parallel, everything works as expected: #include "FastLED.h" const int numStrips = 1...
  3. C

What is a large number of APA102c LEDs?

yup - it's kind of a lot of work to perform an experiment on with a LOT of LEDs on the line. I'll do some bench work on the APA102s for fun, but plan on WS2812s for the project. Thanks for the write up!
  4. C

hmmm - that is very good info. I was looking forward to the better low brightness performance. What do you think of having multiple arrays of APA102c LEDs on different pins - so the max number on a set of clock and data pins would be 256? Although I shudder at the wiring. I think you...
  5. C

Hi all, I've done a lot of work with WS2811 and variants in fastLED. When I do a large number, I run them in parallel. I am just starting to experiment with the APA102c, and I am thinking of a pretty large project with about 3000 LEDs. I'll be using a teensy 3.6. Can 3000 LEDs be controlled...
  6. C

MSGEQ7 maximum output voltage and teensy 3.6

Hi - does anyone know the maximum output voltage of an MSGEQ7 if it is using 5v supply? The data sheet says it operates best at 5v, but I can't figure out what that means in terms of max output voltage, and I don't want to fry the teensy 3.6 since it is not 5v tolerant. Should I just run the...
  7. C

Everything works fine then dramatically slows after about a minute

I think that is probably right! I will check it tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help! You have saved me all the time that I anticipated resoldering everything. My coding chops are way out of practice. There are surprisingly few code examples of matrix effects that translate well to a...
  8. C

Thanks guys! It does work! I had come at this a much clumsier way by using a counter instead of millis, and limiting the counter to about 20,000. That also worked but it had a seam when the counter restarted. Paul's solution is much more elegant and doesn't have a seam. This was way better...
  9. C

The floating point calcs with the rapidly increasing millis are my suspect as well. I tried converting all of the calcs to integers and using the sin8 approximation in fastled. I was about 30% successful. I converted over the first of the three calcs to integers only (which had no effect on...
  10. C

Hi - I am running an 8x32 matrix on a Teensy 3.2 using fastled in parallel. I'm displaying a sinusoid function. It works fine for about a minute and then slows to a framerate of about 2FPS - and keeps getting slower after that. Any ideas of what could be causing it? #include "FastLED.h"...
  11. C

Teensy 3.2 Octows2811 fastled flickering problem

Hi again - Switching from LED_TYPE WS2811 to WS2812 appears to have resolved this problem.
  12. C

Hi Paul! Here is the code for the DemoReel100. The Octows2811 library seems to be working fine. I would use it, but I need to do 12 strips in parallel. The only thing I added to this example is "#define FASTLED_ALLOW_INTERRUPTS 0 ", which didn't make any difference #include "FastLED.h"...
  13. C

Hi - I am having a flickering problem with the fastled library. I am using Teensy 3.2 and fastled 3.1.6. I'm not doing anything complicated - just getting the hardware set up and tested. The teensy is connected to a 5m, 12v, 100 pixel WS2811 strip through a 74HCT245 (Vcc at 5v) and a 100ohm...
  14. C

What is the difference between the 74HCT245 and sparkfun's logic level converter?

Another thumbs up. I am using the CD74HCT245E to drive 12x5m of 12v ws2811 strips over 30 feet of cheap thermostat cable and it works great. This little chip solved a problem I have been having for some time. Also note - if you are running over very long distances you need to account for...
  15. C

Adafruit 3.5" TFT HX8357D noise problems?

Hi, I have this running (erratically) with SPI using the ILI9341_t3 library. It was starting the graphic test examples and then white screening after a couple of seconds. I added 100 ohm resistors on the clock, MISO, MOSI, CS, and D/C pins. Once I added those resistors, it's white screen all...
  16. C

Adafruit 3.5" TFT HX8357D

Hi - I have this Adafruit 3.5" TFT HX8357D, and I finally have it working with the ILI9341_t3.h library. As recommended above, I changed: #define ILI9341_TFTWIDTH 320 #define ILI9341_TFTHEIGHT 480 But when I compile and run graphicstest out of the ILI9341_t3.h examples folder, it only uses a...
  17. C

Octo2811 question

Answer - yes - i tested with an ohmmeter.
  18. C

Octo2811 question

Hi, When mounted, is the Vin pin of Teensy 3.2 connected to the +5v of the Octo2811? Thx!
Back