Search results

1. M

RFM69 (LowPowerLab) - Arduino Pro Mini to TeensyLC - old code not working anymore

A long time i did nothing with Teensy/Arduino. I have two RFM69 temp sensors but my old code seems not to work anymore. One old sensor is working (Arduino Pro Mini). That tells me the Teensy (receiver) part is OK. But when i upload the temp sensor code (sender) i found in my folder to another...
  2. M

Combining struct's - EasyTransfer?

I have a LC and 3.5 connected trough serial. The LC has a RFM69. If the LC receives something from a node (sender) the data is forwarded to the 3.5 over serial. Now i need to send other stuff from the LC to the 3.5. Do i need to make struct's (payloads) for everything and call it extra? At the...
  3. M

Base resistors for transistors - Laundry room alarm and ventilation

I always have problems with the base resistors for transistors. On the Arduino it's not that critical but with the Teensys 5mA... Please help me calculate the resistors. In red i wrote down the mA i need to switch. Link to circuit: http://oi67.tinypic.com/2r1zfo2.jpg Sorry TinyPic makes it...
  4. M

Converting float temperatur to long and up/down rounding

I'm trying to get rid of the float in my struct and want to round up and down the 2 decimal temperature to 1 decimal. But rounding is not as it should be. 26.38 prints 263 instead of 264 23.69 prints 236 instead of 237 23.88 prints 238 instead of 239 BUT then 23.94 prints 239 ??? I tried also...
  5. M

Serial communication - distance without transceiver and level shifters?

Searching on this topic in the web does not bring up answers. The answer is always you can have a cable length of this and that with RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485... But what about communication on the same PCB? I2C and SPI first where meant for chip to chip communication on the same PCB - what...
  6. M

ICMP ping library not working with Teensy

I'm using the ICMP ping library on the Arduinos with W5100: https://github.com/BlakeFoster/Arduino-Ping It's not working on the Teensy with Pauls ethernet lib - it does not compile and if i don't know if it would work with the W5500. First it does not find "utility/w5100.h" because Pauls lib...
  7. M

RFM69 on SPI1

Since ethernet only works on SPI0 i need to move the RFM69 to SPI1. I ask at lowpowerlab.com how to change MOSI and MISO and the answer from Felix was: I was happy that there is now the Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 with so much SPI and thought now there are no more problems using RFM69 and ethernet at...
  8. M

millis vs RTC for counters - turn something off after x seconds/minutes?

millis vs RTC for counters / turn something off after x - RFM69 pump control I always have my problems with the millis stuff. Every time i need to do something with milis my head is spinning. At the moment i want to turn on a relay (button) that goes off after 1 Minute. Now i did set up the...
  9. M

Code that works on 3.2 not working on LC

Today i got a LC and 3.5 and my 3.2 code does not run on the LC: /************************************************************** * Connection * *************************************************************** 0 <> DIO0 10 <> NSS 11 <> MOSI 12 <>...
  10. M

RFM69 from board to board through serial

Preface The whole setup is complicated because from reading here the LowPowerLap RFM69 library does not work on the Teensy? But i found this (solution?): https://lowpowerlab.com/forum/rf-range-antennas-rfm69-library/strange-beahvior-with-teensy-3-2-rfm69w-as-gateway-talking-to-moteino/ Also i...
  11. M

Serial communication to Arduino boards not working

Serial communication with Arduino boards not working Hi, i tried a Pro Mini 3.3v, a Uno and a Mega to talk/receive to/from a Teensy 3.2 but it does not work. I'm using the EasyTransfer_TX/RX_Example and sure RX goes to TX and vise versa. I tried Serial1 and 2 and did set: Serial.begin(9600)...
  12. M

Debugging serial communication if you have just one serial port?

I wonder how i can debug serial communication if i have just one serial port on one end. I have Arduino Mega <> Teensy working because i have multiple UARTs on the Mega. But the final application is Pro Mini <> Teensy. I need to see what the Mini receives in the serial monitor. With soft serial...
  13. M

RFM69 almost not working.

Hi, today my first Teensy arrived. Wow that thing looks like a diamond compared to my Arduino's. The PCB seems build like a tank and the gold with the dark green looks amazing. I think i put him on a necklace instead of using him :p So it's a 3.2 and the first and most important thing i need...
  14. M

Serial and RS485 questions

I ordered my first Teensy (3.2) and have some questions. I found out what FIFO is (a build in buffer) but what does "High Res Baud" and "Fast Clock" mean? Then what does "support for RS485 transmitter enable" exactly mean? Normally i have 2 "MAX 488 CPA" - one on each side. Does that mean i...
Back