Search results

1. O

Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

Is "deasserted" simply writing low to the pin? I haven't tried that yet. Would that make it safe to omit the resistor and bring up the clock speed?
  2. O

This is the display -- https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/cfaf240320w020t-TFT-240x320-IPS I purchased it on the carrier board, and built this simple board for it to connect with Teensy 3.6. Turns out the MISO pin is floating :( However the controller is pushing the output signal on the...
  3. O

I've had plenty of success with doing this, but initially spent a lot of time troubleshooting some odd colour issues. (I'm using Teensy 3.6, but it's unlikely to be related to your version of Teensy) The colour issues were caused by SPI speed during read. Reducing it helped my display keep up...
  4. O

I made a Teensy LoRa board

Any progress on having them back in the Tindie store? I couldn't find them searching for "Teensy LoRa"
  5. O

Serial Issue with Teensy

Have you tried a different USB cable. I fought connection problems for a while until I switched cables and everything went back to normal.
  6. O

Clever spam bots

Trying to be cute about it at least!
  7. O

Clever spam bots

Have you noticed the ones that switch those almost-coherent posts with spam? I reported one a few weeks ago..
  8. O

Bluetooth MIDI (BLE) with Teensy

(Had a quick read through your adafruit forum post) .. Have you tried a different breadboard or different position on the same breadboard? I've had some problems where the internal connector was making poor contact and creating spurious errors on my project.
  9. O

EPROM emulation 2K x 8 for an old 8MHz intel MCS-48 microprocessor

The original system is from a 1985 Volkswagen "DigiJet" engine control unit. The P80A49H micro is using an external 2K x 8 EPROM (2716?), and while I was able to drive the address bus and dump the data using GPIO of a Teensy 3.2, I'm wondering if it should be feasible to emulate it with a Teensy...
  10. O

teensy 3.2 pin mux control

Double check the ground being used for reference. Other threads on the forum seem to have fixed their analog read problems by using the correct AGND reference.
  11. O

teensy 3.2 pin mux control

Per the "Forum Rule", please post your code!
  12. O

using GPIO onTeensy 3.0 with OctoWS2811

Double-check that you are setting up those pins as inputs. see `pinMode()`. But, best to post the code you are using (use the "code" block button available in the "Advanced" post editor) so we can try and help you.
  13. O

Characters on USB Serial on Reboot (Mac OS X)

I couldn't find anyone mentioning this, but while troubleshooting a temperamental USB Serial connection (missing output in my serial console) I found there are some characters waiting to be read every time Teensy connects.. Slurped serial bytes. 0x4D 0x35 0x30 0x31 0xA M501 Connected USB...
  14. O

sprintf() definition location within Teensyduino.

I'm using CLion for editing my PlatformIO projects. I feel right at home, because my day job involves using IntelliJ IDEA (Java, Scala, Python). The syntax highlighting is pretty good.. it's even sensitive to defined headers, and will fold code blocks that won't be included because of #ifdef...
  15. O

Teensy hangs up after few manipulations with LEDs

Have you modified your copy of the Audio library? Added Serial.print statements in there at all? It certainly sounds like the Serial buffer is filled and blocking the Teensy from continuing normal operation..
  16. O

Teensey and Vehicle CAN

and then later .. https://github.com/teachop/FlexCAN_Library#can-transceiver-options And I see a bunch of OBDII specific bits at sparkfun.. https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=obdII
  17. O

Teensey and Vehicle CAN

Googling for "teensy can" gives this as the first result .. https://github.com/teachop/FlexCAN_Library That mentions hardware requirements..
  18. O

I've been thinking about doing this.. could you please link some examples of this?
  19. O

ILI9341 graphicstest compiles but removes serial com port from Windows 10

On my MacBook, I've been using a terminal window and minicom (installed via Homebrew: `brew install minicom`). minicom -D /dev/cu.usbmodem1245101 -b 19200 -8 -c on -a on It re-connects promptly after Teensy boots from being programmed. I've also started using escape sequences to clear the...
  20. O

ADC library, with support for Teensy 4, 3.x, and LC

I noticed that the GitHub repo has an issue ticket logged for that -- https://github.com/pedvide/ADC/issues/12
  21. O

Adafruit_ST7735 SPI with DMA

Thank you. The SPI write sequencing makes sense and everything you mention about the ILI9341 seems to be applicable to the smaller TFT7735, including the chip-select and data-command pins. I'll try and resolve the differences between Paul's branch and the original. They've diverged a bit, but a...
  22. O

How does your library take advantage of the Teensy SPI FIFOs?
  23. O

It's not apparent from GitHub, but did the official Adafruit_ST7735 library get the improvements from your fork? They seem to have incorporated SPI transactions at some point, but I'm not certain how I could check if they take advantage of Teensy3.x FIFOs?
  24. O

I've searched the forum, but haven't been able to find threads mentioning SPI+DMA for the smaller Adafruit_ST7735 TFT. It's working well with my Teensy3.2, but I'm looking for a speed boost for whole-screen redraws. This is an example of another TFT/Controller being used with SPI+DMA ...
  25. O

Can't read from serial device?

Swapping 2 & 3 from the Innovate stereo-to-DB9 cable worked for me.
  26. O

Can't read from serial device?

I think I'm running into the same problem? http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/247027/sparkfun-rs232-shifter-smd-ttl-waveform-dc-offset I took the pin outs from the 2.5mm stereo <> DB9 cable that came with the Innovate gear. i.e. the tip of the stereo plug is Rx, middle ring is Tx...
  27. O

TPMS Reader (Tyre pressure monitoring sensor)

I've had a look around, but can't see anyone referring to reading TPMS signals into an arduino-based device. I'm investigating it as an element of my existing project that monitors the Engine Control Unit of an old (pre-ODBII van). I'd like to have my teensy configure a TPMS receiver and...
  28. O

Thanks Ivan. I've added a question on your PlatformIO community, because I'd like to make this library global, and keep it up-to-date outside of my specific project. -- https://community.platformio.org/t/installing-a-teensy-library-from-github-into-global-scope/478
  29. O

Using ADC library with platformio I'm trying to move a sketch over to platformio and use CLion as the IDE, but when I build the project the ADC.h header wasn't found. So, I downloaded from github and moved it into the lib/ subdirectory, but now it complains about the F_BUS macro not being...
Back