Search results

1. H

Teensy 4.1 + Audio Adapter + FastLED + Custom PCB = Magic

I saw ByronAP posted his pixel controller and thought I'd share mine too with pictures/videos for you Paul! I've been making LEDs visualize music with Teensys since 2016/17 I think and I started the company diod.design. In the album below, I initially had the 2 4'x4' LED Panels in a small...
  2. H

Need help finishing a simple music mixer project

Update: So glad I posted this because obviously now I fixed it. I upped the audio memory from 10 to 12, which just introduced static noise when I was using a 3.6, but I guess the 4.1 has more memory? Anyways, it's all working now. :) Hey everyone, I'm building a super simple music mixer that...
  3. H

Buying Simple Teensy-based Synthesizer

Hey Everyone, Hoping this type of post is allowed. I'm building immersive audio-visual experiences with Teensys (Teensies?) and FastLED and in one of them, I'd like to give people the ability to combine sounds/tracks with sliders/knobs/buttons. One reason we'd like to use the Teensy is that we...
  4. H

Audio Shields delayed by SD socket shortage

Just want to echo what Chopper said, you're the best!! Thank you sooo much!
  5. H

Buying 12 Teensy 3.2s

Hey, sorry if there was a confusion, I was the one buying 3.2s and I actually just received them from another member on the forum so I am no longer looking to buy. You have a cool project too and I see your in MD. I'm also in MD! I thought I'd be able to edit the first post and change the...
  6. H

Buying 12 Teensy 3.2s

Hey Jrraines, yours looks good! I think I'm ok with Teensy 3.2s at the moment as another person reached out with spares. I don't have a write-up on my project but if you'd like to see more of our infinity mirror, check us out diod.design or @diod.design on IG :)
  7. H

I blew up my Teensy 3.6

That's tough man, I know exactly how easy it is for that to happen when you have those cables everywhere and plugging stuff in rarely has negative consequences. I'm in the US with no spare 3.6s but best of luck finding one
  8. H

Buying 12 Teensy 3.2s

Hello everyone, I'm building more units of my Vortex infinity mirror and I have 12 more PCBs already in-hand that need a Teensy 3.2. For future batches, we are going use a Teensy 4 to avoid supply chain issues, but if anyone has extra 3.2s that they'd part with, we would love to buy them. They...
  9. H

Teensy 3.2 Won't Receive Serial Data Through RX Pins

Thanks for the response Kurt! I have confirmed with a meter that the ESP32's TX and the Teensy's RX are connected with a common ground. I've also connected the ESP32's TX pin with a different Teensy 3.2 and it receives data through serial, so it is outputting data. I uploaded your test code and...
  10. H

No short between Tx and Rx, good idea though. I'll try to get some snips in there but it's a tight fit
  11. H

Hi all, I've been building LED stuff for ~4 years with Teensys and I'm stumped with this problem. My LED projects include an ESP32 that hosts a webserver control panel and when you click a button on your phone, the ESP32 sends a serial message from its TX2 pin to the Teensy's RX1 pin. I have...
  12. H

Teensy 4.0 I2S MIC Breaks FastLED

Hey, try including the OCTOWS2811 library, and you won't have to change much else in the code. However, this sets the output pins, which you can find on the PJRC page about OCTOWS2811, starting with pin 2. It has worked for me in the past, let me know if this helps. Good luck! #include...
  13. H

Teensy 4 + Audio Adapter + FastLED = Problems

Regarding the first chunk of code and the required delay, the reason for this has been found! At the recommendation of someone on Reddit, I tried delayMicroseconds() and found that 265 microseconds was the lowest I could go. "There's a slight delay in the data (listed as 300ns in the datasheet)...
  14. H

Teensy 4 + Audio Adapter + FastLED = Problems

Hi all, Here's a video of what I have working on a Teensy 3.6, and now I am attempting to switch in a Teensy 4. This is a model for a much larger project, so I am very excited the T4 came out at just the right time! This project right now only consists of performing FFT with the audio adapter...
  15. H

Teensy 4.0 First Beta Test

I've checked this thread often just to see the crazy stuff being tested. I can't say I fully understood any of it but it was awesome to watch all the contributors working on this together. Congratulations to everyone and my hat is off to you Paul!
  16. H

Playing .WAV from microSD + OCTOWS2811 Library

Hey guys, I have a project that is getting pretty complex. I'd like to press a button that plays an audio file and starts a light show. I'd like to perform FFT on the audio too. Down the road, I'd also like to be able to input audio through line_in or mic and perform FFT on that as well but...
  17. H

[posted] Just Another Infinity Mirror?

Thanks Robin! I saw when it went up but haven't made it here yet. I've been working on this project for a while now and have a new video here. I don't know if the blog post needs updating but I thought I'd share it anyways. :)
  18. H

I embedded it at the top of the post but it requires adobe flash and I didn't see it show up when I was on my phone. Here's a link: https://vimeo.com/273328838
  19. H

It all started back in college, some years ago. Living in a house with some friends, I wanted the parties we threw to be the best, the very best, the best there ever was. It began as a simple volume sensor and a non-individually addressable RGB LED strip hooked up to an Arduino Uno. Then I...
  20. H

Problem with FastLed Library and Audio Library Dac Object

Try using the OctoWS2811 library without the shield. That's what I did to get the audio adapter and my WS2812s w/ fastLED working at the same time.
  21. H

AudioConnection line of code breaks LED strip

Hey guys, I'm still stuck on this! Very frustrating... I made a video to show exactly what's happening. If there is anything else you want to know, please ask! EDIT: It turns out that the problem is most likely the WS2812 strip, where an APA 102 would work instead. EDIT 2: Fixed it! I...
  22. H

WS2812B LED Strip Blinks When Using Audio Adapter

Thanks for the reply Pazi. I finally got around to testing that out and it does change what happens but it isn't necessarily fix. The LEDs that would blink a bright white are now blinking in a color that is close to what they are supposed to be in the rainbow. There is also a group blinking...
  23. H

AudioConnection line of code breaks LED strip

I know I posted this in another thread but I think this belongs here and I'd like to clear a few things up. TLDR = the "AudioConnection" line of code screws with my LED strip. Any help is very very much appreciated! All I'm using is a Teensy 3.2, a 300 LED WS2812b strip, and the audio adapter...
  24. H

Hey guys, I'm still stuck on this. I've narrowed the problem down to these 3 lines: AudioConnection patchCord1(i2s1, 0, mixer1, 0); AudioConnection patchCord2(i2s1, 1, mixer1, 1); AudioConnection patchCord3(mixer1, fft1024); When they are commented out, the lights show perfectly. When just 1...
  25. H

Getting my Teensy 3.2 working with my WS2812b strip has been troubling me. I have the LED data signal going through a SN74HCT245N chip which is wired as shown in the picture from Pabloantxon on this page. I also have the ground pin on the Teensy connected to the ground on the LED strip. The...
  26. H

Controlling the Power Supplied to Touchscreen's LED Pin

Thanks Gremlin. If I tried powering it straight from a digital pin to see if it'd work, is there a chance I can damage the board if it draws too much current?
  27. H

Controlling the Power Supplied to Touchscreen's LED Pin

I'd like there to be a button on the touchscreen that cuts power to the screen's LED pin, and then any touch on the screen restores power. Even with nothing on the screen, the backlight is too bright to have the screen displayed next to my LED strip. Ideas I have: 1. Use a PWM or digital pin to...
  28. H

Audio Adapter's Aux port as an Input

Thanks Ben! That helps a lot and I found a cable with audio only. Link for anyone interested I think for now I'll stick with the extra aux jack I have since I'm just building a prototype. That's all good to know though!
  29. H

Ah, that explains it. You think it's possible / a good idea to solder wires from the contacts on the aux jack over top of the board to the line in solder pads? It's either I do that or I just bought some separate aux jacks that I can do that with.
  30. H

Hey, I think the answer to this question will be really simple but I've been trying to figure it out for a while now. I'd like to plug an aux cable into the jack on the audio adapter and have that as a way to input audio for FFT. In the code, whenever I choose "line in" as the input, it is...
Back