Search results

1. P

sending data out to two I2C ports

I want to do a test program to change ports. how do I change ports? #include <Wire.h> #include <SparkFun_Alphanumeric_Display.h> //Click here to get the library: http://librarymanager/All#SparkFun_Qwiic_Alphanumeric_Display by SparkFun HT16K33 display; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600)...
  2. P

alphanumeric display with right justified numbers with sign and decimal point.

there must be an easier way. this if the 1 of 6 displays for my Single Can thermal electric Soda Cooler. (cooler hits -10c in 5 minutes). //Alpha temperatures right justified with sign add decimal #include <Wire.h> #include <SparkFun_Alphanumeric_Display.h> //Click here to get the library...
  3. P

IO read time Teency 3.2 V 4.0

what is the difference in IO Read time between the 3.2 and 4.0? this runs about 200ms with 3.2: int led = 13; int inpin = 2; int j; unsigned long time; void setup() { pinMode(inpin, INPUT); pinMode(led, OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600); } // the loop routine runs over and over again...
  4. P

synchronizing a pendulum clock to a 32768Hz temperature compensate oscillator

I am mounting a small magnet on the pendulum and pulsing a coil to sync up the pendulum. the beat rate of the pendulum is ~.8903s that gives me ~26313 counts of the 32768 square wave output of the DS3234 oscillator I am looking to create a momentary pulse with a range of 26300 to 26336 pulses...
  5. P

DCS-BIOS, DCS world Flight sim RS485 update needed

DCS world is getting a large group of DIY cockpit builders. the GITHub DSC-BIOS only works with older Arduinos, if someone would update to work with 3.2/ 3.6 Teensy I would Be more that willing to test the Lib on my system. apparently the only update needed is RS485, as the pins are not the...
  6. P

flight sim DCS-World help

I down loaded from GIT-HUB the DCS-Bios. The help file is empty and the examples don't compile. Has any one worked with them?
  7. P

Intermittent distorted Audio play back

I am using the Teency 3.6 and the full size Audio Shield. I have loaded .WAV files on the Shields SD card slot. About 10% of the time the audio out is distorted. I have one ground and +5V lugs with 1.5uFd and a .1uFd decoupling Caps as well as more across the LEDs. I only have 13 LEDs being...
  8. P

driving NeoPixels and audio

in general, can I play wave files and drive NeoPixels at the same time? I would need to drive the audio in the background. Philip
  9. P

Teency RTC manually set time issue

I need to manually set the RTC on the Teency 3.6 as it is going to my used by non-tekies. the .h file had this: //void setTime(int hr,int min,int sec,int day, int month, int yr); so I did this in the setup: setTime(3,22,46,1,2,23); hourFormat12(); it does not retain the manually set...
  10. P

I am changing from the 3.2 to the 3.6 on my projects to drive the NeoPixel

I am changing from the 3.2 to the 3.6 on my projects to drive the NeoPixel. can I put a external 5 volt (10K?)pull-up on the Teency output pin?
  11. P

input impedance on the teensy 3.6 ADC pins

what is the input impedance on one the ADC input pins, and is there a pin mode that has the highest value, I would like to monitor the 3V backup battery, and while we are here... what is the low voltage threshold...I am looking to use the RTC. Thanks, Philip
  12. P

Adafruit_NeoPixel seens to be limited to 110 leds in the string

Adafruit_NeoPixel seems to be limited to 110 LEDs in the string. the clock is 60 LEDS in the outer ring and 48 in the inner ring and 12 markers. is there a quick mod to this to fix this? my setup: #include <SPI.h> #include <SparkFunDS3234RTC.h> #define DS13074_CS_PIN 10 // DeadOn RTC...
  13. P

teency 3.2 and internal clock and backup battery

for most clocks I build I ha have used "SparkFun DeadOn RTC Breakout - DS3234". I would like to use the Teency with a 3.2 crystal and a backup battery button. are there instructions and a SW lib for that?
  14. P

turning a collins Aerospace RMI-36 VOR/compass display into a clock

I want to turn this into a clock: https://www.seaerospace.com/sales/product/Collins%20Aerospace/RMI-36 can I create 4 400Hz sine waves with one teency 3.2? 2.5Vpp is OK I will need to have 6 degrees phase resolution, tone 1 400Hz reference, tone 2 needs to shifted/delayed 6 degrees per second...
  15. P

new LED clock project with 8mm NeoPixel and DS3234 RTC

I am creating a new clock based on the 8mm PTH Addressable RGB LED with a WS2812 (or "NeoPixel") and the DS3234 RTC. I think I am loading the wrong library's. can some one send me a link to the proper library's for the Teency 3.2. Thanks, Philip
  16. P

SPI in 32 bit data TX

is there a way to configure the SPI to send 32bits without braking it up? #include <SPI.h> // set pin 10 as the slave select for the digital pot: const int slaveSelectPin = 10; long DATA =0; void setup() { // set the slaveSelectPin as an output: pinMode (slaveSelectPin, OUTPUT)...
  17. P

arduino delay vs teency 3.2

what do i change for this to work with the teency 3.2? unsigned long time_now = 0; time_now = millis(); while(millis() > time_now+100) { delay (1); }
  18. P

changing I2C address on Sparkfun 7 segment display, COM-11441

I am able to use the display on a different Sketch with no problem, however I need to now put 2 displayus on the buss and change the address of one of them. the SF example code does not change the address. /* OpenSegment is an 7-segment display with Serial/I2C/SPI interfaces. By: Nathan...
  19. P

BMP280 pressure sensor

I am using the BMP280 not BME280 and the drivers from adafruit. this is the monitor output: Temperature = 0.00 *C Pressure = 0.00 Pa Approx altitude = 44330.00 m here is the code, I went and used the "Sketch / include lib/ manage lib and it seemed to find the BMP280 and Adafruit_sensor lib...
  20. P

teency 3.2 AREF pin

can I set the voltage to the AREF pin to 0.2Volts? I would like to read a thermocouple.
  21. P

Teency 3.2 Touch Sense Pins

I am building a Light Sport Aircraft and there is no real way to put a fuel sensor (In Tank) with the tanks that are used in the HAWK ARROW 2 plane. I would like to mount copper tape on the side and a ground on the bottom of the tank and use the Touch Sense Pins to use as input to the Teency to...
  22. P

audio band Sample and Hold

I need to build a 4 channel Sample and hold 10 to 14 bit linear ADC to DAC what would give me the highest sample rate? would this work:PROP_SHIELD Prop Shield With Motion Sensors ?
  23. P

inflection detection

I have 2 teencs, one generates aSIN wave and the other is supposed to turn an LED on only on the falling edge of the tone's slope first code section is the tone generator, second is the falling slope detect. the slope detect output is noisy and the scale of the output on pin A14 is not the same...
  24. P

8 Bit uLaw decoder

I have a radio with a digital output port. The Data is 8 Bit uLaw at 8KHz I need to expand the ULaw from Log to linear. Is there a Lib that does this?
  25. P

new clock project staring using the APA102-202 LED

what would be an appreciate driver for this RGB LED? The clock will be 2 rings of LEDs, 96 on the inside and 120 outside. I will drive it with a Teency 3.2 with time base from a GPS.
  26. P

what is the best way to detect a 131KHz square wave?

I am working on a project to detect when a PPL goes out of lock. I have an interrupt routine that does capture up to 300KHz on a teency 3.2. I need to set an IO line High when the frequency is less that 100KHz. I have never messed with internal timers. Philip
  27. P

new audio project

i am looking to build a test fixtures for work with a Teency 3.2. I need to check the audio quality of two amps. I would like to generate a .5V RMS 1kHz tone and use the stereo code from the Audio Libs. 1. can I do this without a flash card. 2. the Audio design tool comes up with:#include...
  28. P

LCD display question for #include "ST7565.h"

I am looking to display a voltage measurement that is an int ULVal, convert to a String and display it on the LCD #include "ST7565.h" int ledPin = 13; // LED connected to digital pin 13 // the LCD backlight is connected up to a pin so you can turn it on & off #define BACKLIGHT_LED 10...
  29. P

Audio FSK for use with a Ham radio

is there any code for any of the teencys for audio FSK that I can use with a ham radion?
  30. P

DeadOn RTC - DS3234 Breakout-v11 SRAM fix

after talking to the manufacturer, I was able to read and wright the SRAM. this Sketch was tested on a T-3.2 #include <SPI.h> const int cs=10; //RTC chip select int s; // Time Data int mi; int h; int d7; // this is day of the week int d; int mo; int y; int aa=0;// Data to store in the...
  31. P

power down EEPROM (flash) save

I need to save 6 bytes to flash when the Teency powers down. Is there an easy way to do this? with out external compactors and stuff? or is there a low power RAM keep alive function? that i can use with a 3V button battery
  32. P

DS3234 clock SRAM question

/* dead on real time clock with SRAM How do i read and write the SRAM */ #include <SPI.h> const int cs=10; //chip select RTC long MoonTimePoint=52830;// 2bytes int Hi=0; int Lo=126; int moonPoint=0;// 1 int Latitude=7;// 1 int DayOfWeek=4;// 1 int WeekOfYear=35;//1 void setup() {...
Back