Search results

1. P

Programming a Teensy 3.x, when another is also connected thru USB

When I have two Teensies connected to my Mac, I can't program either of them. I can select one from the Teensyduino Port setting prior programming, and it seems to do the job, but it doesn't, and after the operation the Teensy doesn't boot and it just disappears from the system. I have to...
  2. P

RadioMusic / CV out

It's the hardware of Radiomusic module that is restricking here. There are caps in signal route, designed for audio use only. If you bypass the caps it probably works, but then you'll lose the audio capability.
  3. P

Bluetooth MIDI (BLE) with Teensy

Midi over BLE, I didn't even know there is such a thing, interesting! I think it should be possible with Adafruit Bluefruit LE SPI Friend, it features at commands even for midi. I don't have that thing yet, but read the document...
  4. P

Terminate an active Audio Object?

Seems it isn't. My guess was setting amplitude(0.0), but you already tried that. Seems that someone should modify the AudioSynthWaveformSineModulated::update method, to test if magnitude is zero. There is that kind of test in the AudioSynthWaveformSineHires::update()
  5. P

audio shield + OCTOWS2811 = physically incompatible?

With how large a number of leds? I just made a quick test with 4008 leds, without touching interrupts, and everything seems to be ok. Well, actually I only have 8 leds plus 4000 "virtual" leds (allocated but not physically connected). So the first 8 leds show ok and I'm not sure about the rest...
  6. P

DAC pin for analogWrite? (led strip PWM, running out of pins)

Yes. See: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyLC.html Also, DAC analogWrite sample on page: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensy31.html But the 3.1/3.2 pin for DAC is A14, when for LC it is A12 (which is a #define for pin 26). Ah, read Michaels message. The DAC is true analog indeed, with a...
  7. P

Help with Connecting Lipo Battery and Charger to Teensy 3.2

Some observations: - When the load (i.e. Teensy, a display, leds etc) is in place, the indicator LED stays red and never turn green. You'll need to disconnect the load, to see if the battery is fully charged or not. (That power switch will be handy.) - The BAT pin is directly connected to the...
  8. P

audio shield + OCTOWS2811 = physically incompatible?

The best solution depends on what exactly are you trying to do. How many leds are you planning to use, and what kind of animation to display (30FPS video, or something less demanding)? If you are not going to use very large amount of leds and/or 30FPS video or more, FastLED library may just do...
  9. P

Yes, that must be cut! I edited my previous post to include that.
  10. P

Just tested. You can pull the USB and plug it back, and the program just keeps running :) However, there seems to be no boost circuit. I measured the BAT voltage. It was 3.99V when loading, and a little less when unplugged. Seems to be enough to keep T3.2 running though. Teensy should run even...
  11. P

I happen to have that same LiPoly adapter. Here is my setup: The black wire is from "G" to Teensy GND. The red wire is from Teensy VUSB to adapter "5V". Adapter's BAT is connected to Teensy VIN directly via the breadboard. Note: the pinhole between AGND and the USB connector is VUSB, so you...
  12. P

Potentially Counterfeit Teensy 2.0?

Looks like a fake. What should you do, depends of if the seller is an individual or a company, and how much you paid for that. If it's a company, you should demand full refund and possibly report to eBay. And if they're selling multiple "teensies", even more so. If it was an individual and...
  13. P

I tested this method and it works as expected. However, I found out that AudioEffectDelay was a poor choice for this exercise, because it makes AudioMemoryUsage running wild. So I can't see how much memory the system actually takes. The problem explained here...
  14. P

Problem encountered with "AudioEffectDelay"

There is something funny about AudioEffectDelay. Try this code on Teensy3.2 (tools: "Serial + MIDI + Audio"): // Delay demonstration example, Teensy Audio Library // http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Audio.html // // Creates a chirp on the left channel, then // three delayed copies on the...
  15. P

If I understand that correctly, I'll just insert Faders (or Mixers) before the effect chains I might want to turn on/off? Like in this example: There is two effect chains there: one with a chorus and a flanger, the other with a delay. If I want just the chorus and the flanger, I'll set the...
  16. P

Dual channel 16bit dac PT8211

I'll do that later, but in case I forget it, I'll just copy-paste the code here for now. I made some more testing and scoping and I think this works good enough. Like I said, I changed the output to 32-bit, because I didn't figure out how to make it 24-bit. The extra bits don't seem to hurt. I...
  17. P

No I didn't. Looks like a nice kit, at a very nice price! I know that feeling ;) I think I got this damn TDA1543A working. I didn't know how to make the transmit 24 bits, but I managed to do 32 bits and it sounds fine. Will make some more tests soon. But I'll send a chip to you anyway. Maybe...
  18. P

It is different, believe me. Maybe "Japanese format" is not a standard. I might. Please PM me your postal address?
  19. P

Already tried, sounds awful. The "Japanese format" is NOT standard I2S. I managed to get the sound out with an opamp, that's not the problem. Copy-pasting code that works with my TDA (but only 9 bit resolution, because I didn't manage to change the transmit to 24 bits). output_tda.h/* Audio...
  20. P

Confirmed. My TDA performs nicely, when I fill the first byte with the first bit, and second byte with sample >> 7. Like this:int16_t t = (d & 0x8000) != 0 ? 0xff00 : 0; d = ((d >> 7) & 0xff) | t; But of course I only get 9 bit resolution this way. I should transmit 24 bits per sample to get...
  21. P

I finally got it! My TDAs probably are not faulty, they just aren't TDA1543. They are TDA1543A! The difference is, this variation doesn't use I2S, but "Japanese format". It is similar, but there are 8 bit clock toggles when MSb is set. That explains the behaviour I encountered. So trivial a...
  22. P

I think not. It says "the most significant bit (bit 1) must always be first" in the datasheet. I too got some TDA 1543 chips. I actually managed to get some sound out. I didn't use the sine sketch, but a simple USB audio out (PassThroughUSB with AudioControlSGTL5000 commented out). But it only...
  23. P

Driving touchscreen LED with IO pins

I have this screen from PJRC store http://pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341_touch.html I just measured it: when the bg LED is powered by 5 V thru a 100 ohm resistor, it takes just about 21 mA. So it is well below 25 mA that one Teensy pin can source. But a transistor or FET may be needed when...
  24. P

keyboard firmware help

Awesome projects, Baddog and BoothJoe!
  25. P

I see a transistor and a FET on the Flexiboard, driving the bg LED. I think it's an overkill, for this display unit. But can't say anything sure without measuring the current.
  26. P

According this document https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/K20P64M72SF1.pdf - Maximum current single pin limit (applies to all digital pins) is 25 mA - Output high current total for all ports is 100 mA But I didn't find out, how much current the background led of that display takes. I think it's not...
  27. P

keyboard firmware help

There is no option "Keyboard" for Teensy 2.0. There is "Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" and "Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick". Baddog: I tried your code with "Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" and it works, when the Keyboard.h> is removed. I didn't get any errors. But those key-scancodes do not do...
  28. P

keyboard firmware help

Without seeing the error report, I'm just guessing that you haven't changed the "USB Type" (in the Tools menu) to something that includes Keyboard. When trying examples, forgetting to change the USB Type is not so uncommon mistake...
  29. P

Really Simple Newb Question about USB Host Shields.

I think the Sparkfun USB Host shield should also work. But it is intended for using with a 5 V Arduino, so it contains unnecessary and potentially dangerous 3.3 to 5 V level shifter. But it should work on a 5 V (2.0) or a 5 V tolerant Teensy, when you'll get the connections right. You'd better...
  30. P

Teensy LC with Kinetis Design Studio - hex file not working

You can do that with AVR based Teensies, but not with 3.x or LC. Because on ARM based Teensies, there is a separate bootloader chip there. And in any case, the bootloader is the part that is not open source, so if you'll gonna overwrite the one on AVR, making a backup copy of it might be a good...
  31. P

What does the HalfKay bootloader do?

Ok. And by default the lock bit is off. Good to know.
  32. P

Yes, I know the bootloader only provides write-only access. I'm just curious if the chip pushes the bootloader into the main MCU ram to be ran from there? And if that's the case, and if someone could replace that bootloader, could it be used to read back the software in the flash? So, if...
  33. P

I've read that, but if the bootloader chip pushes the bootloader to the ram or the flash, is still not clear. If it's ram, could that program read the existing code from the flash, or is it locked until erased and rewritten? Could one write a "sketch" that partially rewrites the program flash...
  34. P

Stupid questions for Teensy 3.6

Thanks, but I don't really need it, just yet. My current projects don't need all this horsepower, so I use smaller Teensies for now, and come back to 3.6 later anyway.
  35. P

Bootloader for 3.6

There was no claim anywhere in that Kickstarter page, that this would be an open source project. "Arduino" is mentioned, but there is no law that everything related to Arduino should be completely open source. AFAIK, the bootloader and the physical board design aren't open source, but...
  36. P

In 2.0(++) it's just an AVR bootloader. But starting from (ARM-based) 3.0, there have been a separate bootloader chip. I've figured out that this is a tiny (ARM M0 type?) MCU. I've read that it loads the bootloader code into the main MCU RAM, and the main MCU then runs it from here. Is this...
  37. P

Good to know. I'm sure it will be available before I'll have the time to really build something on the 3.6. In the mean time, the SD adapter on Audio board still works with the 3.6, with the old library! I'm curious, what is on Paul's todo-list right now? First the software work, then the...
  38. P

Who has already got his / her kickstarter teensies? (international shipping)

My 3.6 arrived on Tuesday, the Oct 11 (Finland). I placed another order to PJRC shop in Oct 1, it was shipped in Oct 3, and also arrived last Tuesday. The same day as the Kickstarter award! (I didn't receive the PJRC shop shipment on Tuesday though, had to pay the VAT first.) So, the service...
  39. P

I also have stupid questions, so I think this is the right thread... The standard SD library doesn't work with the new 4-bit interface. There is SDFat Beta by Billy, then there is uSDFS mentioned in here https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/34808-K66-Beta-Test?p=106291&viewfull=1#post106291 Which one...
  40. P

teensy as a microSD->USB adapter

I found the source also, but that (KINETIS) uTasker thing seems a bit complicated. And, for 3.6 you'll also need to change the SD library, to use the new 4-bit SDIO. Interestingly, the SD card USB disk thing is already implemented for old AVR-based Teensies, but not for the newer ARM-based. If...
  41. P

USB, two devices in one (HID Mouse + Xinput gamepad)

I think it should not matter if the USB devices are HID or not, you still should be able to combine them. But I can't help you how to do it, with current Teensies. I've done similar thing in the past, but with LUFA, that is AVR-only. I think current TeensyDuino makes that easier than with LUFA...
  42. P

Teensy 3.5 help - where to look?

Sorry, why are you using BootCamp? Why don't you just use Mac OSX versions of Arduino and TeensyDuino?
  43. P

Suggestions for Sound chip/design for T3.6 - similar capabilities of Propshield

You have forgotten the line with 20k resistor between pins 4 and 5?
  44. P

3.6 Kickstarter, I'm in!

I've got my 3.6 just today! Yes, I'm in Europe. The shipment was a little slow, but it was cheap, so it was perfectly ok. And for a Kickstarter project, very very good. Haven't soldered anything to it yet, so after the blinking led, I just tested the Micro SD interface. Using TeensyDuino 1.30...
  45. P

Teensy 3.6 USB Host support

Yes. That's one of the reasons I choose the 3.6. :) But I'm prepared to wait for a while, because I think Paul is a busy man right now.
  46. P

Some assistance needed in NES project

That's why I suggested using a USB host shield. I have done similar project myself, not using Teensy though. I have an Arduino sized host shield, so it was easier to mount that on an Arduino. But the library is the same. IMO, easier than using a laptop for the job. This page...
  47. P

Some assistance needed in NES project

You want a device to connect a USB game controller to a NES? It is doable, but you'll need http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_USBHostShield.html and someone who can code! Reading a USB joystick (with the lib) is easy enough, but someone has to taylor the code for the particular joystick model...
  48. P

Two LEDs from a Single Pin

Good point. And said so, right in the start. I didn't read well enough... When Charlieplexing, would not need the diodes.
  49. P

Teensy 3.6 plays video from SD-Card

Actually, even Teensy 2.0 (16 MHz AVR) is more powerful than most of those vintage computers. And I think Teensy 3.2 outperforms even the ST and Amiga. That doesn't necessarily mean you could play old games with Teensies. Emulating those machines is a different story... But I think 3.6 is...
  50. P

Two LEDs from a Single Pin

Cool, but what are those diodes for (in the diagram)? A LED is a diode itself ;)
Back