Search results

1. D

Battery Monitor Question

Hey back again wanting to start another project and foresee a couple of obstacles I thought I might run by you guys to get some feedback how to work around. I do a lot of RC Plane and Drone project work and I want to build a Battery Monitor to be able to read as many as 6 LiPo cells in series...
  2. D

Access Denied.

Have ran into a problem with Arduino program. I have a Sketch, that I can modify, compiles, and loads OK. However it will not allow me to SAVE and I get an ACCESS DENIED. Anyone know what is going on?
  3. D

Convert Ethernet, Bluetooth, or WiFi Directly to 3G CDMA or 4G LET Cellular

Back again guys. Some regulars may remember me as I recently built a RC PPM Joystick for RC Planes. Works great and have several flights. Could not have done it without the help I received here. Well my RC Model Flying club wants to put a Personal Weather Station at the flying field and link...
  4. D

Teensy 3.2 ADC & AREF ?

OK just need someone to straighten me out on ADC usage. Currently I am using the Teensy 3.3 Volt and AGND to read Pots. Seems to work OK but wonder how AREF is used and what it buys you. I assume you can use an External Voltage Reference for higher accuracy. What voltage do you have to use on...
  5. D

Dual Programs Possible?

Is there a way to make a Teensy capable of loading two or more programs? Example like the DOS days with a Batch File. Say turn the unit on, stops and pauses until you select which program to run. I built a RC PPM Joystick to fly RC planes with. Works great. Well today I made a new Sketch that...
  6. D

Map Function ?

I have a question regarding the MAP Function. I want to know if I can use a Variable in the From/To conversion. Example change this int AEL_MAP = map(AEL, 0, 8191, 1900, 1100); with fixed integers to: int AEL_MAP = map(AEL, 0, 8191, Var1, Var2); using variable integers. Will that work?
  7. D

analogReadAveraging Mystery?

At least a mystery to me anyway has me scratching my head. Below are two test sketches, the first one does not work as expected, and the second one works great. Note the only difference between the two sketches is the MAP command for Thr_Us. Very simple circuit using a Pot to input voltage to a...
  8. D

Include Statement & Libraries????

OK I think you regulars know who I am or I should say what I have been working on. I am a newb working on my first project that uses the PulsePosition Libray. With a lot of help from here I wrote a working code to take a USB PC Joystick, and changed it to a RC PPM Joystick to fly RC Airplanes...
  9. D

analogReadAveraging Question.

I want to make sure I am using analogReadAveraging correctly or not. Here is the segment of code I am using on a project, and not sure the command is working like I think it should. So I just want to know if I have applied it correctly. Not sure if it is smoothing or not. So when I read the...
  10. D

NEWB Help If/Else Statement

OK I have a short piece of code I wrote and not working like it should. or the way I think it should work and I cannot figure out what I did wrong. It compiles, just does not do much of anything except Serial Print two integers that never change value. The code is pretty simple. I want to use...
  11. D

Analog Supply Voltage

Quick question. I am using 5 analog linear Pots as Analog Inputs to A0-A5 on a Teensy 3.2. Do I use AREF and AGND as the supply voltage, or any available 3.3 volt and gnd pin? My gut tells me any 3.3 volt pin available and AGND from looking at the schematic.
  12. D

Another PulsePosition Library Question.

After some encouragement I received here I thought I would try my hand at writing some code for a project I am working on. In a nutshell a 6-channel RC PPM Encoder using a Joystick and Slider. All analog Pots and a few switches. What I am not sure about is how to physically use the library. It...
  13. D

Teensy 3.2 BOB

Working on a project that requires 4-6 Potentiometers connected to A0 to A5. They are Joystick Pots with 3-Wire Servo type connectors I would like to use instead of cutting them off and solder to the board for a clean professional look and finish. Does anyone know of a Breakout Board I could...
  14. D

MAP Command Questions

OK I want to read an Analog 0 to 3.3 volts or perhaps 0 - 5.0 volts if there is an advantage, and scale that voltage to 0 - 1000 micro-seconds for a PPM Encoder. I have read the MAP command and believe I understand it correctly and should look something like: map(0, 1023. 0, 1000) Correct...
  15. D

Convert Nano ISR to Teensy Interval Timer

Quick background if you have not read my other threads. I am building a 6-Channel Radio Control PPM Encoder. It will read the 6 analog potentialohmeters in a Joystick. Pretty straight forward code I think, but I am a complete newb. OK what I have is working and tested code that works with...
  16. D

Pulse Position Library Questions.

OK a little background. I am trying to make a 6-channel RC PPM Encoder by using a donor Joy Stick with the guts ripped out and just use the 6 Analog Sliders in the Joystick for data. I have several code versions that will work on the Arduino Nano, Uno and Mega, platform. OK fast forward to now...
  17. D

ISR Timer Question

OK to start I am building a RC PPM encoder and using a timer. It is not my code and I am a newb learning. My project uses a timer to activate a Sub Routine every 22,500 us. I see in the code how that is done: ISR(TIMER1_COMPA_vect) { ppmoutput(); // Jump to ppmoutput subroutine } void...
  18. D

INCLUDE Compiling Errors

OK first project and have bit off a bit more than I can chew. Link to Project so you can see the Libraries. It uses a USB Host Shield and a Controller. It is a USB Joystck to RC PPM Encoder OK project uses 2 Libraries. One called RCJoystickUSB and the problem child is the USBHostShield2. I...
  19. D

Really Simple Newb Question about USB Host Shields.

So I am building a project, (my first) that requires a USB Host Shield. FWIW used with Teensy 3.2 to make a RC PPM encoder for a USB Joystick. Question is how do I download the USB Library into the Host Shield? If I had to guess, via the Teensy IC2 Port, but no clue how. I suspect that is how...
  20. D

How To Load Multiple Sketches

Hey guys back for some newb help. I posted these question on the other forum, but like 3 other questions I asked never had a reply. Fortunately every question I have asked here so far has given me the answer to my query. So I am in the process of building RC PPM Encoder using a donor joystick...
  21. D

Code Help, Arduino to Teensy 3.2

OK a complete noob. I am an Electrical Engineer and know the electrical, but not the code. I am making a Joystick RC PPM generator using the Teensy 3.2. I found the Arduino code to do exactly what I want, and I can load and run it just fine on a Arduino Uno just fine. However the Uno is to big...
  22. D

Analog Read Resistance

OK backstory is I am making a 6-channel RC PPM Generator using a Teensy 3.2. Complete newb to Teensy and Arduino. I am an EE and know the electrical, but not a Code Writer. I am using a Donor Joystick to generate 3 axis and a slider for throttle and have ran into a problem. The POTS on the...
  23. D

RC PPM Joystick

Newb here and looking for some assistance. I have a donor USB Joystick (FWIW Logitech Extreme Pro 3D) I want to gut and insert a Teensy to take 6-channels and output RC PPM. I want to use a Joystick to fly my RC planes. I need RC PPM signal to plug into my radio TX Trainer Port. 4 of the 6...
Back