Search results

1. C

Asynchronous/Non-Blocking read from SD card on Teensy 4.1

@beermat - Very cool to hear it's working well for you, I just pushed a patch for ExFat async read to my github branch. ExFat seems to be pretty similar to Fat12/16/32, only big difference being the introduction of 64 bit values. I ran some local tests on files larger than 4GB and things seem to...
  2. C

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any limitation or reason this same method wouldn't work on exFAT. The only reason I started with Fat32 was that I assumed it would be simpler to do first and it's what the SD card I've been working with is formatted as. Just from doing some surface level...
  3. C

Thanks, and no problem. :) The ADMA2 stuff is actually not so bad, and to be honest after I came to understand it more we could probably do just fine without it. From what I can tell, it's mainly designed to help out in cases where you have multiple memory pages that are non-contiguous, like...
  4. C

Oh, and a few benchmarks when reading from my CD file: Starting read at 1b90, reading 174048 bytes Starting sequential Took 0.009705 seconds Starting asynchronous transfer Took 0.007942 seconds Starting read at 2c370, reading 174048 bytes Starting sequential Took 0.008420 seconds Starting...
  5. C

Woops, sorry for the late reply, I guess I didn't have email notifications setup for this thread. :) Uploaded a branch with my hacky work here: https://github.com/Conmanx360/SdFat/tree/WIP/async-read-v1 So far it only supports FAT32 and asynchronous reading, it also won't work for fragmented...
  6. C

Took me awhile to get some free time to try to get this working, but I've spent the last week hacking on this, and managed to implement asynchronous file reading in SdFat for Fat32/16/12 using ADMA2. The code needs a bit of cleanup, but once I feel like it's not too ugly I'll push the branch to...
  7. C

Well, doing some digging through the forum, I now see why I can't find any examples of this sort of thing: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/70047-External-RAM-more-the-the-psram-for-teensy-4-1?p=304278&viewfull=1#post304278 So, it sounds like I'll need to implement this sort of thing myself. I'm...
  8. C

Hi all, I'm currently working on creating an open-source ODE (optical drive emulator) for the Sega Saturn. I've been prototyping using a Teensy 4.1 and an FPGA, and just managed to create a basic 'modchip', which streams the correct security ring data from the Teensy->FPGA->Saturn using...
  9. C

Interfacing with parallel EEPROM

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to revive this thread, but, I just finished this project. The code can be found here: https://github.com/Conmanx360/Teeprom . I was in way over my head when I first started this, but after reading a few books it all makes a lot more sense now. Thank you guys for...
  10. C

I have been letting it write all night, and it continues to flash, so I think it is at least doing something. I am going to let it go for a day more, and if it did not work, I will try some different code. The first post was some code I tried to modify from something else, my current code is...
  11. C

I managed to get it to work by using the PROGMEM library. Here's the code I used: case WRITE_HEX; set_ce(HIGH); while(b != 65536) { byte data; data = pgm_read_word_near(rawData + r); fast_write(b, data); b++; r++; } fast_write(65536, final); Serial.println('\n')...
  12. C

Okay, I managed to get the hex values into the code, and used the prefix const to keep it from overfilling the 'dynamic memory' which I assume is the onboard ram. However, now, when I attempt to write the values to the pins, it seems to be storing the values into the ram. Here's what I've got...
  13. C

Okay, I managed to modify the MEEPrommer code in order to make it work with the Teensy 2.0++. Here is what I have done so far: #include <avr/io.h> #include <avr/interrupt.h> #include "delay_x.h" #include "usb_serial.h" #define VERSIONSTRING "MEEPROMMER $Revision: 1.2 $ $Date: 2013/05/05...
  14. C

Sorry for the double post, but, I have also found an arduino code called MEEPromer, that uses an arduino nano with a shift register to write the address lines. Is there a simplistic way to convert the code for the shift registers into real pins? I am just throwing stuff out there. Maybe I need...
  15. C

I found a way to read data off of the EEPROM through serial, which could be used for verification with a program called HxD. What I am unsure of, is if I copy and paste the contents of a hex file into Tera Term's serial terminal, would it be sent through character by character, or would it be...
  16. C

Hi! This is my first time posting. I have begun to learn C in hopes of using a Teensy 2.0++ to write to an EEPROM that I will use in my car's ECU. I have been trying to find other code that I can adapt to my scenario, and while I seem to be able to get the basics accomplished, I am stuck on how...
Back