Search results

1. S

Arduino 2.0.3 FQBN Error

Hi, Thanks for the fast answer. Seems good now! Simon
  2. S

Arduino 2.0.3 FQBN Error

I am trying to get a project to work with Arduino 2.0.2 which did work once or twice and I can get to work with Arduino 1.8.19 I select Teensy 4.1 and the Port and the USB type (Raw Hid project) and I get Invalid FQBN: not an FQBN...
  3. S

Teensy 2.0++ USB HID Device with Serial keyboard

Maybe you could use the Teensy 4.1 and plug the keyboard into the USB header and then use the Teensy 4.1 to do any mapping changes. Talk to the Teensy over Ethernet it has the native ethernet already there. I have done a simple server on Teensy 4.1 as well as Heltec WifiKit32 and found the...
  4. S

USB HID Development.

Hi, I have some projects I am interested in pushing forward to make simple HID units that are easily identifiable with a number of different names and inputs/outputs. Nothing very complex, but it requires repeated hacks of the USB header files etc. (Rather beyond my skill set) I assume someone...
  5. S

XBox Controller & Teensy Joystick coexist

I would like to have a standard XBox controller working alongside a Teensy joystick. At the moment if I use both, the teensy overwrite the values form the XBox and vv. Is there an easy way (without going down the USB Rabbit hole) to make the Joystick.send_now(); not conflict with the XBox. I...
  6. S

ArduServer and UDP Receiver Sender combined

Hi, I have a program running on a Teensy 4.1 that receives a packet over UDP and re-sends it to a number of IPs and Ports on an interrupt. I can configure the IPs and Ports over Serial but it is a little clunky, I figured I could use ArduServer and write a simple form page that could allow...
  7. S

Power Over Ethernet Prototype Board for Teensy 3.6

Hi, Could this be re-started for Teensy 4.1 or are you willing to share some of the experience (circuits?) Thanks Simon
  8. S

Stepper output from a motion controller

I have a motion controller system that works on sending position updates every 20ms. It work great for servos, but the issue I have with steppers is the 50Hz is not synchronous to the stepper output as it is continuously varying and I believe that simply outputting a varying speed to a stepper...
  9. S

Yes, another ST7789 Display

Has anyone had luck with this display? It's from BuyDisplay and is pretty cheap and has a CS line so in theory you can put other SPI peripherals on the SPI port https://www.buydisplay.com/1-54-inch-tft-ips-lcd-display-module-240x240-spi-for-arduino-raspberry-pi I get some graphics test functions...
  10. S

Ethercat on Teensy 4.1?

I know running a slave has hardware issues, but what about making the Teensy an EtherCAT master? SOEM is open source and could maybe be ported. I might then need another EtherNET connector to be able to talk to the Teensy, but anyone looked into this? I've had some success with the SOEM...
  11. S

Teensy DMX Shield

Thanks. Love the Teensy 4.1 CAN Board BTW Got a nice CanOpen sniffer working!
  12. S

Teensy DMX Shield

Thanks for the data! I'll get right on it!
  13. S

Teensy DMX Shield

Does anyone have a circuit for a DMX on Teensy Shield. I want to make a DMX sniffer that can read DMX commands to test a Artnet->DMX connection. The Arduino one would work, but I'd love to use the Teensy 4.1. This would only need to read, not write DMX so it unusual. Thanks, Simon
  14. S

CANopen on top of FlexCAN

Don't see why not, but it is on the 4.1 for me - loving the built in RJ45 Interface #NativeEthernet. I used the CopperHill implementation board as it has a display, the RJ45 and the bus transceiver all built in.
  15. S

CANopen on top of FlexCAN

I have implemented a reduced set of CANopen, but enough to configure a couple of drives and run a motor using SDOs for config and PDOs to run. It took some work and really helps if you use a can sniffer like the Kvaser Leaf light (or you could program a teensy to do that if you're $ short and...
  16. S

Change the IP of Teensy 4.1 using UDP (again)

Hi, Thanks. I can actually write the ip to flash and re-start but I was hoping to be able to just change it without loosing other variables etc. It DOES work with the Teensy 3.2 and the WizIO over SPI so I was just wondering if anyone had an idea. It's not a deal breaker. Obviously I am...
  17. S

Change the IP of Teensy 4.1 using UDP (again)

Using an SPI with the teensy 3,2, I can change the IP relative easily from say 192.168.1.236 to .237 but when I do it with the 4.1, it does not respond to the new IP address. This code works for me with Teensy3.2 Any suggestions?. It's not a deal breaker but would be nice to get it to work...
  18. S

Teensy HID Output Capabilities.

I have a Teensy 3.2 working as a Gamepad and I am getting a joystick and multiple button states coming in so that is all working fine. I would like to light an LED that is wired to the teensy, but per my control software the device has no output capabilities...
  19. S

Help with timer and timing interrupts

(Thought I posted this before, but can't see any indication it's on the forum). Need some suggestions on how to go about the following: I have a working 20ms ISR, and I need to start a timer that will count up to 625000 by the end of the 20ms period. If a pulse arrives on a pin during this...
  20. S

Teensy 4.1 Freeze (~1786ms)

/* Processing sketch to run with this example ===================================================== // Processing UDP example to send and receive string data from Arduino // press any key to send the "Hello Arduino" message import hypermedia.net.*; UDP udp; // define the UDP object...
  21. S

Teensy 4.1 NativeEthernet IP change

I can change the IP address of my Teensy 3.2 using the following code. IPAddress ip(192,168,1,234); void ipchange(ipaddr newval) { IPAddress new_ip(newval.addr0, newval.addr1, newval.addr2, newval.addr3); sprintf(szText, "Ip was %u.%u.%u.%u, now %u.%u.%u.%u", ip[0], ip[1], ip[2], ip[3]...
  22. S

Teensy 4.1 Freeze (~1786ms)

I posted on another thread, but I am also having a freeze that I can reproduce very easily. I have modified SendReceiveString very slightly and if I run this program and then use a simple program like SocketTest to send random strings (I just type a few chars and hit enter) then the teensy dies...
  23. S

T4.1 Ethernet Library

I have code that runs on a Teensy 3.2 with Wiznet via SPI and wanted to run the exact same thing on a Teensy 4.1 with the mag jack. The Udp Data I am sending is a structure complete with 0s, so I have to use write(data, size) This code works fine with the teensy 3.2 and I have #ifdef...
  24. S

Teensy with 2 Wiz820io units

Hi, Anyone know if it is possible to have 2 of the Wiz820io units on a teensy. I have tried and I can get one or the other to work but not both at the same time. If I enable both only one works. Possible to do with the chip select line. (Or a code error?) /* Dual EtherNET C0nnect up 2...
  25. S

Multiple Slaves on SPI

I have been trying to get a handle on running more than one device on SPI when the settings are different. There are a few threads on this and it seems other people are having issues too. I have the Adafruit TFT using Paul's faster library and to works fine. I have a Wiznet 821io and as I...
  26. S

Teensy 3.6 Breakout Board SPI Design conflict Issue

Did you find your notes as I am still having issues with this. Thanks. Simo
  27. S

I have not checked the lines with a scope, they were working with each device individually, and I think the issue is in the switch over between the devices either in speed or in control lines. I have not put a scope on it and will try that if I can't solve with setting the comms modes. Thanks
  28. S

SPI Problem? - Sharing SD Card and TFT Display

Look at: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/29356-teensy-3-1-SD-SPI-clock-rates-n-such The devices on the SPI bus share MOSI MISO but not chip select lines and sometimes have different comms speeds/formats. I am having issues with a Wiznet and a TFT display and am hoping the above thread will...
  29. S

Hi GremlinWrangler, Thanks for your informative reply amd sorry for the delay in responding. I looked through the code that was being used for these devices and pulled out what I thought would make a difference, but I am a little unsure of the use of C/D and D/C particularly with the TFT...
  30. S

I have built a break out board for using the Teensy 3.6 on a variety of different projects. It has the IL19341 Display with Touch Screen, 2 RS232 serial Ports 1 RS422 serial port, a debug TTL serial port and a Network Board - the Wiznet 820 IO as well as connections for taking the other pins to...
  31. S

Change Teensy HID Capabilities

I have a single axis joystick I have wired to a Teensy 3.2 and would like it to coexist with an XBox style Game Pad, but they both return the first 5 Joystick values and so conflict. If I could remove them from the standard teensy joystick capabilities that would solve the issue. Does anyone...
  32. S

Teensy HID with XBox Controller

I am using an XBox controller and wanted to add a single axis joystick input from a Teensy being an HID. I got this working using an un-used joystick input on the XBox. // Not used by the Game Pad Joystick.Zrotate(analogRead(0)); This is fine but the Joystick send values conflict with the XBox...
  33. S

A Guide To Using ESP8266 With TEENSY 3

Working with the ESP8266 and I used your code and modified it a bit so that I can reset the ESP8266 using a Teensy line. Took a little to get it working but now I am getting responses and if I reset the device I get "Ai-Thinker Tecnology Co Ltd Ready" However all it ever does is echo back what...
  34. S

Advantage of HardareSerial over Serial?

Thanks for the data. Happy New Year!
  35. S

Advantage of HardareSerial over Serial?

Hi, Is here any advantage using HardwareSerial over just using the straight SerialN I only need standard 8N1 and I can assign the pins to the alt serial posts as needed. Thanks. Teensy3.6 I have ethernet and 4 serial ports working, mostly just curious. #define RS232B Serial1...
  36. S

Teensy 3.6 with Ethernet

Thanks, that works great!
  37. S

Teensy 3.6 with Ethernet

Hi, So I did find the documentation and it was not exactly hidden :-) More like in plain sight. So now I would like to know more about the Chip Select line and the Reset line. In the docs, it uses 9 for the Reset and 10 for the Chip Select. These are also Tx2 and RX2. I would like to use...
  38. S

Teensy 3.6 with Ethernet

So I have the Breadboard, the Wiz I/O and I have modified, uploaded and run Blink on the Teensy 3.6. Is there a guide for a newbie on how to configure this. I did look at the Ethernet sketches, but I don't see how to tell what pins or even which SPI the SPI is using. I also want to have an...
  39. S

Teensy 3.6 with Ethernet

Thanks to everyone for their rapid responses. I am getting the Wiz I0 board and will bread board it out. Great to get such fast and learned answers.
  40. S

Teensy 3.6 with Ethernet

I'm planning on making a board to break out the pins from the Teensy 3.6 for various hardware projects I have pending. I would like to add Ethernet to that board and there seem to be 3 routes to take. I can use the WIZ820io board, I could use a Wiznet WIZ812MJ or maybe take the components...
Back