Search results

1. M

Pin pitch for ethernet connection

Sorry to kick this old thread, but did anyone find a UK supplier for these or have a Digikey number? Thanks
  2. M

SD Card caused system failure

Hello, I just wanted to share an issue we had recently with a Teensy 3.5 based system. Our product controls some small industrial processes. The on-site engineer reported complete failure of the unit which looked like a CPU hang up (display frozen, no Teensy LED flashing each second which we...
  3. M

Teensy 3.6 reading USB memory stick

Thanks Paul - will do.
  4. M

Teensy 3.6 reading USB memory stick

Hi Paul, We're working on a commercial project that really could benefit from being able to read/write files to an external USB. Is this functionality on the plan for the near future (say less than 6 months) or way in the future? I realise this is a significant piece of work. Many thanks Gary
  5. M

Battery backed NV RAM

Hi Paul, This is REALLY useful - thanks. 28 bytes will be plenty for what we need. I note your recommended for the volatile. I just wondered if there is any chance of data corruption of half written data if say the power goes off during the writing of the 28 bytes. I suppose we could as a...
  6. M

Battery backed NV RAM

Hello, Using the Teensy 3.5. We're working on a sequencing system that requires us to pick up the sequence after a power failure. This means we need to make a note of the current sequence number (small amount of data) somewhere at least every 15 seconds but worse case every sec. That's a...
  7. M

Detecting Stale RTC time

Thanks @WMXZ. That cured it - I had not considered that the RTC might have been set based on the last binary compile time (that also explains some inconsistency in the time's I saw during testing). Now, when the battery is disconnected, the RTC always starts from 0 (..1970...), perfect...
  8. M

Detecting Stale RTC time

Hello, I'm working on a logging product that needs to have an up to date time via the battery backed up RTC or no time at all. I have a GPS module running to update the time, but this can take some time to lock on (or not at all in metal buildings) if the unit is powered off for a long time...
  9. M

Long term availability of Teensy boards

Sounds good Paul - many thanks. To be fair I think we got lucky with the Rabbit to get a 17 year production life out of it. The main thing I feel is that keeping the core application code as portable as possible from the board [code] being used will allow migration to the son of Teensy or...
  10. M

Long term availability of Teensy boards

Hello, We are looking to redesign a product that has been around for nearly 20 years based on a Rabbit microprocessor (which is still available, although getting pricey). From what I see in the forums and Paul's obvious passion for the Teensy platform, the short term future of Teensy is...
Back