Search results

1. R

240x320 TFT display working fine now solid white permanently

I experienced a similar problem when I tried to use my 2.2 and 2.8 inch displays (from PJRC) with my new Teensy 4.0. I also got a white screen. Both displays would work as expected on my 3.2 and 3.5 Teensy. The solution was to connect the Reset pin to the Teensy and reset the display during the...
  2. R

Adafruit TFT ILI9341

On a recent project, I had the same problem of getting the location touched to correspond to the button on the screen. These are the general steps I used to get the touch mapped to the button. 1. Ensure you can print text to the display screen in the orientation you intend to use it (portrait...
  3. R

LCD/TFT display: Recommendation of technical Specs?

My two goto displays are the 2.8 inch tft 240x320 ILI9341with touchscreen from pjrc and an OLED 128x64 SSD1306. OLED is small but very crisp and clear. The ILI9341 has the touchscreen, choice of fonts and color. The project specifications drive which display I use. I use the SPI interface on both.
  4. R

Teensyduino 1.46 Beta #10

Installed on MacBook Pro with Version 10.14.3 with no problems. Installed 1.8.9, ran it once then installed Teensyduino Beta #10. Compiles and loads all sketches that I tried on 3.2.
  5. R

Adafruit SSD1306 multiple instances issue?

I too was seeing similar issues when using two displays using the SPI interface. Thanks to markonian, using separate reset and chip select pins seems to have fixed the issue. I have not done extensive testing but both displays now I am able to display different text with no issues to two displays.
  6. R

Problem FreqCount Lib No read after 12MHz

About a year ago I was experimenting with counting frequency using an Arduino and a Teensy LC. I did not keep great notes but I do recall that I was having problems counting as the frequency was increased. I was also using the buffer circuit similar to what you described. When I quit using the...
  7. R

Problems with ILI9341 on Teensy 3.1

Your code runs perfectly on my development system. My guess there is a problem in the interface between your display and the T3.2. I do not use one of the Osh Park PCBs but have made my own hardwired interface connected per the pinout that has been published for that display. Because the screen...
  8. R

Glad you got it working. I really like this display and I am now using the touch version as my standard display. Use the setRotation(value) command with the value being 0, 1, 2, or 3. Each value will rotate the text by 90 degrees. tft.setRotation(3); Have fun!
  9. R

My best suggestion is to test the code using a different display. This is why I have one display like this and two of the newer displays with the touch screen. If you do not have another display, then I am not sure of how to test to see if the display is OK. Sorry you are not getting this to work.
  10. R

I am not sure of why it is not working for you. My LCD is wired per the pinout in this link: https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341.html Here is the your code that I changed and it is working for me. There was a minor error in the call to the display where I had to remove a space between...
  11. R

I was able to make it work with two minor changes. PIN_SDI should be pin 11 and PIN_SDO should be pin 12. Good luck.
  12. R

Where to find Teensy library source sketches on Mac? IE Wire.h

Assuming Teensyduino was installed into the Arduino app, open Finder Applications. Click on Arduino.app, right click and select Show Package Contents. Open Contents, open Java, open hardware, open teensy, open avr, open libraries, open Wire and you will find Wire.h.
  13. R

Teensyduino 1.36 Beta #4

I have just installed this beta on top of 1.8.2 with no errors. I am using MacOS 10.12.3 and have never had as issue installing or using this on my MacBook Pro.
Back