Search results

1. K

Upload sketch to teensy via serial1 or any input besides the main input.

Is is possible to upload sketches, compiled code, or hex files to a teensy 3.2 via any input besides the designated input?
  2. K

Teensy 3.2 not showing up on serial port already tried troubleshooting

Here is code for a bash script to clear out those temp files. Now whenever I get a corrupt write to a teensy I can run this, recompile, and click the hard reset button and it comes up like a charm. #!/bin/bash for dir in ~/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino_*; do echo "$dir" cd "$dir" rm -rf *...
  3. K

I think i've figured out the cause of the issue. The serial port and / or the HID protocol for uploading is definitely buggy in that eventually it will hang and not upload or just crash the Arduino IDE. It will either give a timeout error of some sort or just show 0% of the program space was...
  4. K

Yeah I really miss working on my Linux machine. Ran into issues at work writing apps for windows on linux. Haven't taken the time to set up dual boot or virtual machine yet. It is quite finicky with dual boot, windows will overwrite GRUB every single last chance it gets.
  5. K

I am using windows 10 and went through every single last step in the troubleshoot guide as it is written. I think the issue is with my antivirus. Had an issue with compiling in which a file couldn't be overwritten, turned off active scanning and that fixed it, but then everything went downhill...
  6. K

I know, two teensy 3.2's I have been working with for a month now uploading programs to them as of an hour ago and the third is brand new. Now none will show up. I have already gone through the troubleshoot guide as well as quadruple checked I set the USB type correctly. Still all of my 3.2's...
  7. K

I have three teensy 3.2's that have the same problem and one teensy lc that shows up correctly (comm7). Already went through the troubleshoot guide and reinstalled all software as well as trying solutions in the forums I could find, still nothing. Any and all help would be very appreciated.
  8. K

Can you use C++ or Objective C with a Teensy 3.X?

Wow jwatte thank you a ton for your response. It is the first very direct and applicable help I've gotten (got downvoted on stackoverflow). It is definitely the second scenario, it's company standard and there is already a ton of code / GUI's that operate using this "assembly" code as well as...
  9. K

Thank you a bunch brtaylor. The fragmentation between C++ and arduino (while understandable) is really throwing me off. Do you happen to have an example ino for the vector library? It's not necessary, but could be helpful for getting started. I get what you are saying PaulStoffregen but the...
  10. K

I guess I will just have to try. I need to build an assembly like programming language to be read in via the serial port so the teensy will act as the master for some PID controllers which in turn control a single axis of a motor or actuator. I need a dynamic sized multidimensional array to hold...
  11. K

12. K

CAN Bus Library for Teensy 3.1

Found the problem. I had a non functional Flexcan library already installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries I think it was imported by some install software for another board. I have since deleted it and tested teachop/FlexCAN_Library and...
  13. K

What library were / are you using? do you happen to have any project files for doing some simple Can receiving that you know worked?
  14. K

I have set up two Teensy 3.2's with the transceiver, code linked to below. https://github.com/rummanwaqar/teensy_can_example http://skpang.co.uk/catalog/images/canbus/can3v3_brk_rev_C.pdf I can't seem to receive a Can signal on the receiving teensy even though I can see the signal waveform...
Back