Search results

1. P

FastLed vs Neopixel vs Audio library - CPU overload?

Oh man, you can't believe how happy I am right now. It's working, working like a charm - even with the prop shield running and all the animations and the sound synthesis. Thank you sooo much, honestly, I can't even believe that it's all working right now :D You are such a cool guy and a genius...
  2. P

Would be nice! :) shouldn't be too much of a problem, I will be (and I think many others too) very happy if the library runs stable with all sorts of ws2812b strips. I friend told me there are two versions with an identical datasheet but a different protocol and one can't instantly see which...
  3. P

Normal minimal voltage drop, even connected the end to power source, no difference. Even with just 5 LEDs the rainbow effect appears. I edited the code to FastLed and everything is fine, I thought myself it could be a power issue, but now I think it's not. I'm not familiar with DMA...
  4. P

Sadly not, well, yes, another timing structure. I made two videos: Standard: https://youtu.be/XjL_rI_8seU Less: https://youtu.be/570xAK3hepg Code, other than less intense, is untouched. However, I need to admit, it's truly beautiful :D
  5. P

Wow, thanks Paul :) Was very excited testing it, unfortunatelly the BasicTest shows Rainbow colors fading from beginning to end, after 3 to 4 rainbows, the desired code runs through, lighting up the leds in the specified color. When orange is reached, it begins with some crazy rainbows again...
  6. P

Oh wow, that would be awesome! Thanks :) The essential of all sine waves are their amplitude and their frequency, I'd say even the amplitude is more important on the lightsaber. I used Audacity to make a fft (or in later versions I guess it's called spectrum) and took the 14 first peaks...
  7. P

Is it possible to modify the Octo lib so it just outputs at pin 7? I commented out the other pins, but that didnt change anything. For the rest of the librarys code, I'm not familiar enough with registers, DMA and the bitshifting stuff.
  8. P

Thank you both very much :) Paul, I now use the OctoWS2811 library, but as soon as show() is called, the audio stops at all. Did I do something wrong? EDIT: Ok it's the pin layout as I read from other threads. Might need to make some adjustments
  9. P

Hey there! I try to point out my problem short - I have a ws2812b neopixel led strip with 144 led / m. I want to let them flicker and do some animations. Working great on pin 7 of the teensy 3.2. I also have the prop shield generating some sine waves mixed together based on gyro data. (and yes...
Back