Search results

1. T

[posted] Teensy 3.2 Converts IBM Thinkpad 380ED Keyboard and Trackpoint to USB

Thinkpad keyboards from the 1990's have a resistive strain gauge trackpoint that was converted by the original motherboard to mouse commands. This project uses instrumentation amplifiers that feed the A to D converter on a Teensy 3.2 in order to detect the 380's trackpoint movement. The keyboard...
  2. T

[posted] Teensy LC Converts GRiD Laptop Keyboard and IsoPoint Mouse to USB

A broken GRiD 1550SX laptop like the ones used in the movie "Aliens" was converted to a Raspberry Pi and Teensy laptop. Simon did an incredibly clean conversion that includes using the original keyboard plus the IsoPoint roller bar mouse. I assisted by writing the Teensy LC code for the keyboard...
  3. T

[posted] DIY Pi KVM Crashcart From Recycled Laptop

This project makes a keyboard, video display, and mouse (KVM) by replacing the motherboard in a broken laptop with a Teensy 3.2 keyboard/touchpad controller and a video converter card. In addition to the standard crashcart KVM features, this KVM can be switched into a Raspberry Pi laptop. The...
  4. T

[posted] How to Make a USB Laptop Keyboard Controller

I made an “Instructable” and YouTube video that describes how to make a USB controller for a laptop keyboard. I designed a circuit card for a Teensy LC that connects to a keyboard FPC cable with up to 26 pins on a 1mm or 0.8mm pitch. The other side of the board is designed for a Teensy 3.2 to...
  5. T

[posted] Sony PCG-K25 Laptop Keyboard Controller with a Teensy ++2.0

Teensyduino Code, Eagle layout and PDF documentation at: https://github.com/thedalles77/Pi_Teensy_Laptop Features • Circuit board connects Teensy to 24 pin 1mm pitch FPC connector and breaks out all other I/O • Scans a KFRMBA151B Sony Vaio keyboard and sends keypresses over USB. • Communicates...
Back