Search results

1. Ein

Audio output levels to modulate LED brightness? And detecting playback completion.

Well, now that I've stepped away from this for a minute I realized the answer to my second question was needlessly complicated. I think I've sorted that one out with a change to the code here: #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h>...
  2. Ein

Audio output levels to modulate LED brightness? And detecting playback completion.

I have a project that is, essentially, a prop jetpack. It uses a Teensy 3.2 and a Prop Shield (the non-LC version). I've used Teensytransfer to load a number of .RAW sound effects into memory, and I'm playing them back with the serial flash objects. I currently have it working pretty well in...
  3. Ein

Prop Shield Motion data usage for a beginner

I'm trying to make a prop/cosplay thing that's basically a jetpack with a left and right thruster on it. I'm working on making it play sounds, and I want it to do so in response to the wearer's motion; particularly, I want it to detect if there's a sudden acceleration, play sounds, and increase...
  4. Ein

How can I recreate a specific 'clacking' sound with the Audio Design Tool?

I'm working with a Teensy 3.2 at the moment to make a replica movie prop. It has an ILI9341 TFT display to output some pictures and information. I'm also using the DAC Pin (14) through a SparkFun Mono Audio Amp Breakout. Here's the audio of the prop that I'm referencing from the movie...
  5. Ein

Accessing PROGMEM correctly with Structs

Man oh man. That's an epiphany moment if ever there was one. My project scope started on a Pro Trinket - AVR architecture - but I rapidly outgrew the capabilities of the device while I was working on the screen, so I switched to the Teensy 3.2, which had the same footprint but way more...
  6. Ein

Accessing PROGMEM correctly with Structs

I am a miserable beginner, so please be patient with me, but I would very much appreciate help. I have a complex and growing program that displays information on a TFT display using an Arduino (Teensy 3.2, more specifically). I've been trying to tame the situation with some structs, but I'm not...
  7. Ein

Animating screen transitions on ILI9341 with Teensy 3.2

It occurred to me that I was making this way harder for myself than I had to! The draw clipping functionality by itself was enough to get the job done. int lineHeight = 10; for(int i = 0; i<=ui.screenHeight/2; i = i+lineHeight){ //draw upper tft.setClipRect(0,ui.screenHeight/2-i...
  8. Ein

Well, the draw clipping functionality is still super useful, so there's that. I'd simply switch to the bigger 3.5 or 3.6 Teensy, but I don't have room in the device for it, so the 3.2 was a good compromise for what I needed. Is there any other smart way of tackling this problem? I guess I could...
  9. Ein

I've spent a few hours of studying KurtE's forked ILI9341_t3n library and trying to merge it into my local ILI9341_t3 library, discarding the SPIN components in the process. I actually got it working, including the clipping functionality to restrict drawing to a certain region. This allowed me...
  10. Ein

I have been working on a prop over the last few weeks with a working screen - specifically one of the 2.4" ILI9341s without touch. I have been using the ILI9341_t3 library thusfar and been very happy with things. Teensy 3.2 has been the perfect little brain for this device, and I've spent a bit...
Back