Search results

1. S

Power 2 Teensys one USB port

Brilliant thanks Paul. So other than that no problem? From a previous thread I saw that a teensy uses roughly 35mA. I will do some testing to check all the power consumption. Excuse my ignorance here but what would happen if both USB ports were powered? Would they just short. Thanks Simon
  2. S

Power 2 Teensys one USB port

Hi all, I should really know the answer to this and I am sure it has been discussed a million times so please feel free to point me to the right place. So many threads on these kinds of topics. So I have a project which would use two Teensys 3.2s. The idea is that one USB would be connected to...
  3. S

Play audio with midi clock

Hi thanks for the advice with this one. I have come up with this solution. Its seems pretty accurate. I am pretty sure it could be improved as in logic I played about a bit with delaying the clock to compensate for latency. Any this should be ok for me to work with but if you think of any...
  4. S

Hi Oddson, Yes sorry should have been clearer about that. The application is an installation where are want to keep some things synced together. I found that a good way to do this was to have my sequencer as a slave and then control it from a master with the audio and the clock from one source...
  5. S

Thank you. I just tried this as a test... I don't know why I didn't start with it. Without the wav playing stuff its great... a solid 120 bmp. But when thats in there it drops down to about 100bpm. So not so good. I had a feeling the audio playing happened more in the background and did not...
  6. S

Hi I just tried this which I think is closer to the suggestion. interval = 21 if (playSdWav1.positionMillis() - previousMillis >= interval) { previousMillis = playSdWav1.positionMillis(); Serial1.write(0xf8); } It definitely sounds more stable but it is running at about 110 bmp rather...
  7. S

That looks better Thanks so much for helping me out with this. MIDI beat clock defines the following real time messages: clock (decimal 248, hex 0xF8) start (decimal 250, hex 0xFA) continue (decimal 251, hex 0xFB) stop (decimal 252, hex 0xFC) So I have been happily using...
  8. S

Here is how I did a simple midi clock which works pretty well. I am basically trying to recreate this with an audio track playing at the same time. So they are both locked in together. But now I am a bit unsure how best to do it. Thanks again Simon const int buttonPin2 = 2; // the number...
  9. S

Thanks that is really helpful... I will look into a different way of timing it. Basically I have another Teensy programmed up as a slave sequencer which is working really well. I can play an audio track from logic and the teensy responds to the clock and the start stop messages. I want this...
  10. S

Hi everyone, I have just started using Teensy after years of pics and Arduino, loving the the ability to work with audio! I have just been trying to see if its possible to play an audiofile along side a synced midi clock. I figured it could be accurately done by adapting the "Blink While...
Back