Search results

1. gimpo

Powering Teensy 3.6 with 3.3V?

Yes, I detached/cut completely the cap using small scissors. Nevertheless, the Teensy stays dead, the Arduino IDE say that there is no device attached to the USB cable. :( I'm using a no-polarized cap. FYI I'm already programmed a dozen of Teensy, then I soldered the cap on everyopne. They are...
  2. gimpo

On the fly: I tried to re-program a Teensy 3.2 via the USB cable after a 0.1 uF capacitor was soldered on the reset pin. The Teensy seems now dead (no led light, no output on the attached TFT display, nothing). Somebody had the same experience? It is normal? (Yes, I know that the capacitor...
  3. gimpo

Ok, thanks a lot for the precious information!
  4. gimpo

So why people struggle in setting the flash security byte??? (For my needs, preventing my sketch-software from cloning via the USB plug would be enough, since everything, but the USB connector, is flooded with resin.) see https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/35333-Setting-flash-security-byte
  5. gimpo

Do you mean in any case, or just when the cap is soldered on the reset pad?
  6. gimpo

@Paul thanks, I will order some of those components with "open drain", and do some tests when I will be back from Italy @thereminggenieur the minimu reset delay provided from manufacturers is around 150 ms. I think it is too high... Alternativaly, I have to go back to your original idea, i.e...
  7. gimpo

Actually, on Mauser I have found a lot of "supervisor circuits" realized by PTH components, with just three pins. Here my selection based upon the threshold voltage (2.9 volt)...
  8. gimpo

Found! Thanks. I will give it a try. Unfortunately I will not able to test it until the middle of July, since my motorcycle will be transported to Italy tomorrow...
  9. gimpo

Yeah, seems that you won. I have to migrate (although partially) to the SMD world. Now all I have to do is finding a device able to miniaturize myself to be able to handle those little components for hobbits in a more comfortable manner... Don't underestimate the hobbyist-power! :D When you...
  10. gimpo

Cannot find any file containing that text in the folder arduino-1.8.8/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/ I'm missing something?
  11. gimpo

PTH or SMD, things don't change they are just on a different scale. A lot of hobby-makers simply do not have money to design and build complete product to specifically fit their needs and sizes (unless you build dozen of thausands of exemplars). More often we fight to fit our "toy" into a...
  12. gimpo

Hi defrag, what source code file I should check?
  13. gimpo

Hallo, your proposal would be applicable if only I could have the necessary space to solder all of that components. Unfortunately I'm still using PTH components soldered one by one. I think also that Teensy (and all of the rest of general purpose AVRs available on the market) are used in many...
  14. gimpo

There is no "all-in-one" component available on the market that provide the "power good" functionality? I mean, something with a built-in prefixed threshold (3.3 or 5 volt) that can be put in the middle between the source unit and the Teensy?
  15. gimpo

Update. After adding the capacitor, the Teensy 3.2 seems no more re-programmable via USB (IDE 1.8.8 + Teensyduino 1.45): Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to enter program mode. An error occurred while uploading the sketch Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to...
  16. gimpo

Hi Paul, so a Teensy 3.2 owner like me should have not significant improvements by upgrading Teensyduino from version 1.45 to 1.46, right? Another question: after adding the capacitor between Reset and Ground, is the Teensy 3.2 still re-programmable via the USB cable when no other power-source...
  17. gimpo

The LM2597N-3.3/NOPB converter has a pin called "error flag" that seems very similar to a "PGOOD" pin: Open collector output that provides a low signal (flag transistor ON) when the regulated output voltage drops more than 5% from the nominal output voltage. On start up, Error Flag is low until...
  18. gimpo

Thank you guys for all the infos. Seems that Teensy lovers never sleep... :D I will check those intriguing threads. @Theremingenieur: where I can can find one of that so delicious voltage converters? I have some "products" yet assembled, but it could be an interesting upgrade for future versions.
  19. gimpo

P.S. I really hope that a future version of the Teensy 3.2 will provide a Reset pin, not just a pad on the rear side. Desoldering the Teensy to add the cap was a total PITA! (I know that there is no space on the board - I vote for killing some other pin. The reset pin is a must for projects...
  20. gimpo

I revamp this old thread just to say that adding a capacitor between the reset pad and ground solved my boot-problem too (Teensy 3.2). My Teensy was starting flawlessly when 1. powered by the PSU in my "laboratory" 2. powered by a 9 volt battery 3. powered directly by the battery of my...
  21. gimpo

Setting flash security byte

No news about resetting the Teensy 3.x via software? My Teensy 3.2 is equipped with a TFT screen. My idea is to propose to the user a menu option that allows to reprogram the Teensy. When user confirm its choice then: 1. the flash memory is erased 2. a new sketch can be uploaded
  22. gimpo

Very interesting. That would be a "game changer" for me and my needs.
  23. gimpo

You're inspiring bad ideas in my mind... :D What if I connect that pad to an output pin of Teensy itself? What happens with an instruction like "digitalWrite(LOW)" executed on that pin???
  24. gimpo

Pressing the button always unlock the lock? For this reason is necessary to force the complete erasure of the flash? To prevent malicious reading of the uploaded code, yes? It happens at the first run of a sketch with the security byte set to 0xDC, yes? Yes, I understood that. I just...
  25. gimpo

Thanks Paul and defragster for the answers. Definitely it is. Take in account that a lot of people (like me) come from previous experiences with Arduino. This can lead to some misunderstandings for the average monkey (again, like me! :D). With a traditional Arduino you have just one button: the...
  26. gimpo

I revamp this thread to ask confirmation about the intended worklow for setting the security byte on the flash RAM of my Teensy 3.2. As I understand, the typical steps would be the following: Go to the directory ./hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/ and open the file mk20dx128.c with a text...
  27. gimpo

version `GLIBC_2.15' not found

Thanks Paul for the detailed answer. Now is up to me to take a decision... probably the best thing is to buy a second-hand PC with fresher software version (unfortunately, the space on my desk is limited...) Thanks again! :)
  28. gimpo

version `GLIBC_2.15' not found

At my little laboratory I use a paleoarcheogical 32-bit PC with Ubuntu 10, marked with "by Ramses II" (I use it to drive my CNC-mill because it has an old parallel interface). It works well with the Arduino IDE. Unfortunately, when installing Teensyduino 1.45, I've got the following message...
  29. gimpo

New adafruit GFX 1.4.x libs doesn't work for me

Nice! Keep us informed. If you want, I could send you a cheap 1.54" 240x240 TFT with all the wiring ready to plug and test.
  30. gimpo

As many TFT, mine also keep in graphic memory the contents of the previous running program. When the sketch started again correctly, I saw the previous contents of the screen for a fraction of second. They was exactly what I would expect if the screen would not go to black. Seems like the...
  31. gimpo

My test sketch (the one at the top of this thread) doesn't work even with with the latest 1.4.7 adafruit GFX version. As before, I had to downgrade the lib back to version 1.3.6 to make it working again.
  32. gimpo

Same result as above with "speedtest.ino". I have also upgraded to GFX lib versione 1.4.7 (yes, another recent upgrade) and restarted the IDE. Again the same problem as above. All I see of working area of the program is just a small rectangle in the lower-left corner of the screen. :(
  33. gimpo

The sketch "graphictest.ino" doesn't work properly: 1. the black background color is turned to white 2. the screen is translated down for around 3/4 of the screen height, and translated left for around 1/4 of the screen width I'm using the lib versions working with my own sketch: GFX version =...
  34. gimpo

No, is this 240x240 pixels from Aliexpress: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1-st-cke-1-54-zoll-IPS-tft-display-220PPI-240-240-pixel-SPI-Serielle-und/32954220934.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dF4qDnE It is a very good display. I think adafruit changed something about the way the display...
  35. gimpo

Hi everybody, my Teensy 3.2 was working like a charm if using the "old" libs by adafruit with an 1.54" TFT display: GFX version = 1.3.6 ST77xx version = 1.2.7 (See my simple test sketch below.) Today, I've decided to update to latest version by using the Tool > Manage libraries command of...
  36. gimpo

Powering Teensy 3.2 from 3v3

Ok. Thanks for the answer So the "risk" occurs only when the the USB connector and the external 3.3V supply line are both plugged at the same time.
  37. gimpo

Powering Teensy 3.2 from 3v3

(Thread resurrection :D) I plan to power a Teensy 3.2 by using the 3v3 pin too. Question: do I need to cut the "VUSB trace" if reprogramming Teensy with the USB cable and the supply line (going to the 3v3 pin) temporary disconnected? I'm in the test-phase of my software. This means that I...
  38. gimpo

About 1.54" TFT 240x240 pixel with ST7789 and 22 pin connector

UPDATE The pin 11 in the wiring image is wrongly named. It should be "MOSI", not "MISO". Here below the right wiring:
  39. gimpo

Teensyduino 1.45 Released

So, I'm not the only one seeing it! :D Anyway, a minor bug.
  40. gimpo

st7735 multiple displays and chip select

What comes to my mind is that, maybe, different instances of the Adafruit_ST7735 classes share the same CS variable. But I didn't find any trace of this in the adafruit libs... :( Could you post your test code here? What about using two distinct RESET lines?
  41. gimpo

About 1.54" TFT 240x240 pixel with ST7789 and 22 pin connector

Here my little contribution, hope it helps. :cool: I bought a cheap 1.54 inch TFT display. Despite all my doubts I was able to make it working by using the standard Adafruit libs on my Teensy 3.2 Very helpful was the datasheet sent me from the vendor (see attachments): 1pcs 1.54 inch IPS tft...
  42. gimpo

ST7789 support for Adafruit 1.54" 240x240 Wide Angle TFT LCD Display with MicroSD

How you made the 1.54" working? Can you post how you initilized the TFT by using the ST7789 libs by Adafruit? For now, all I've got is a black screen on my 22 pins TFT purchased on Aliexpress. Backlight-LEDs are working, but the screen gave no sign of life... :confused: Here below my test...
  43. gimpo

st7735 multiple displays and chip select

Not sure, just guessing: "Any digital pin can be used for a SS (slave select) signal. The SPI library does not control the SS signals, because devices differ on when this is used, whether it is held low for multiple transfers or for each individual transfer, and so on. Control SS with...
  44. gimpo

About Teensy 3.2 and 1.44" TFT display

Just my little contribution here. I hope it help somebody. Prologue Before today, I was my using 1.44" TFT display from Aliexpress on my Arduino and (very) old Adarfruit libraries with success: After "migrating" to Teensy 3.2 + latest version of Adafruit libraries* I was unable to achieve...
  45. gimpo

Teensyduino 1.45 Released

It works very well for me, but... again that noising java exception when starting the Arduino IDE for the first time (i.e. after running TeensyduinoInstall.linux64). The graphic is messed at the first start. I've tested it again on a fresh new installation of IDE 1.8.8 on Ubuntu 16.04. Again...
  46. gimpo

Teensyduino 1.45 Beta #1

I've followed this steps on Ubuntu 16.04 1. downloaded and unzipped an Arduino 1.8.8 IDE 2. created a "portable" directory in the IDE installation directory 3. tested the IDE with some examples 4. downloaded and installed Teensyduino 1.45 for Linux 64 bit 5. added the udev rules 6. started the...
  47. gimpo

Newbie question about serial pins on teensy 3.2

Thanks a lot Paul for the detailed information. That was exactly the kind of info I was looking for! :cool:
Back