Search results

1. J

I2S audio output and problems w/ I2C IMU

I now have it working reliably, it seems: I used a 4-strand shielded cable (grounded on one side) for the power/I2C connection. This does not seem to be an issue anymore somehow; the example sketch from Adafruit seems to handle the I2C command reset.
  2. J

Thanks for checking again, that makes sense and is very helpful. I will try and connect the BNO with a longer cable and see if the problem persists. The first setup that reproduced the problem was with a Teensy stacked on the Audioshield, and the BNO in roughly the same distance as on your...
  3. J

Hi again, I just tested the setup with the BNO055 connected through a PCA9548A 8-Ch I²C multiplexer, but the issue persists. It seems that the BNO crashes when the MCLK is clocking, we hypothesize it may be a timing issue caused in the Teensy's I²C/I²S hardware.
  4. J

The photo was just for illustration, the problems occur of course also with only one board connected. Output of the rawdata sketch when it happens: I only built up a second audio board to verify it was not the specific hardware, the error is the same on both, and also on both custom pcbs...
  5. J

Oh, and I did try a lower I2C clock briefly at some point.
  6. J

Thank you for looking into this! Fresh Arduino+ Latest Teensyduino and Adafruit Libs, same results. Breadboard; with the two audio boards; the lego brick is the proximity sensor and can swap out for a custom BNO module. Second audio board, only modifications shown, connects SDA/SCL/3V3/GND...
  7. J

I found this reference: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=125734 I tried this on a regular Audio Board, but I2C stops working (at least with the proximity sensor). PaulStoffregen, could you imagine a test setup that would allow us to better debug this? We did not see anything...
  8. J

Of course. I am using Wire.h. I wanted to try some options of i2c_t3 and also replaced the includes in the library, but both libraries result in the same problem.
  9. J

Reviving this thread as we have the exact same issue here and we can not find a solution after days of debugging. We have made a custom PCB with one BNO055 (0x28 address) and two SGTL5000 chips for quad channel output. Audio output and BNO055 they work fine individually, but when the MCLK starts...
Back