Search results

1. H

USB keyboard hardware proxy

So, working through the USBHost_t36 library, I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to implement my proxy. I will record keys using attachPress() and attachRelease(), easy enough. But I would also like to forward all keyboard reports messages seamlessly from the host to the device. I'm...
  2. H

Several questions about the Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 boards

Ah, I was wondering about this: the second ground is for the shield, then! Just from a quick online search on the matter, I've come across different opinions as to whether the shield should be grounded or not, but no definitive answer. Your recommendation is that we do ground it, then?
  3. H

Right, but that's rather limited, I have something more elaborate in mind. That message was just one example usage. I want to record several strings, be able to edit them, etc. For one, I don't want to limit myself to 2kB of RAM. I want a polished-looking product in the end, several buttons to...
  4. H

Taking a look at the Teensy 3.6, it does seem to be the right controller for the job. But what about the power management issues? How would you approach the various initialization scenarios I outlined above? (device plugged in first, then keyboard into device, or the other way around) How about...
  5. H

Heh, yeah, I've heard of macro-detection, but rest assured: my macros are for comms only. I want this mainly for an Xbox, and it only allows keyboard use for messages. I want macros to quickly send message for mic-less comms. E.g. "Hi Cmdr, this is a hold-up. Kindly kill your speed and leave...
  6. H

Thanks for the info. Fair enough, but at that price, a Raspberry Pi would also do the trick, wouldn't it?... Perhaps a bit more power-hungry, though.
  7. H

What I want to build: a device into which I can plug in my keyboard and that will look like a USB keyboard if I plug it into a USB host of any kind that accepts a keyboard. The idea is for it to be all in hardware, such that no driver software is needed on the host. By default it'd proxy all key...
Back