Search results

1. P

Teensy 4.0 and Dynamixel

Hi everyone, I came across this thread as I'm starting to build some firmware for a robotic hand with 4 fingers, each with 3 servos (so 12 dynamixels in total). I thought this would be a good opportunity to give back to the community. I have designed and tested a custom Dynamixel shield for...
  2. P

SD.begin() fails if executed a second time

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure where to post this. I've already posted in that thread. This can be closed
  3. P

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #1

I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I've found this problem with our SD library that has already been fixed in the Arduino version of the SD library. The main problem is that SD.begin(BUILTIN_SDCARD) returns false when run a second time. The obvious solution is to...
  4. P

SD.begin() fails if executed a second time

Hello, I have a project where I have created a class that sometimes might be used on its own, sometimes it might be instantiated more than once. This class makes use of read/write operations on the SD card. The problem is that when you instantiate this class more than once, the initialization...
  5. P

Teensy 3.6 requires 3 reprogram events to work properly

I have already made that change, it happens as soon as the FingerController initialization is called, the first thing in there is this block of code: #ifdef DEBUG_PRINT Serial.begin(2000000); while (!Serial && millis() < 4000 ); // wait up to 4 seconds after Teensy wakes ...
  6. P

Anyone? I don't mind reprogramming until it works, but having it work when powering on is very important
  7. P

I have noticed something else strange that might have to do with my current issues: My current shield provides 5V independently from the USB voltage through the Vin pin. I would have expect that powering on the board would be enough to have my firmware start running, but it seems like this is...
  8. P

Should that always happen at the very beginning in the setup?? Because I have this section in the FingerController initialization method: bool FingerController::initialize(){ #ifdef DEBUG Serial.begin(SERIAL_BAUD); while(!Serial); Serial.println(F("Initializing Finger...
  9. P

An update on this issue. I am still having the same problem. I've tried moving stuff out of the FingerController constructor into the initialization method, but still having issues. Not sure what the problem is. Sometimes I can't even get things to print out on the serial monitor, as if the...
  10. P

Where can I find the generated cpp file? I could not find anything in the Arduino folder (that holds the sketches) or the installation directory (arduino-1.8.10 directory in Home for me in Ubuntu 16.04) How do you leave the ino file blank and use just a normal cpp file? How does that cpp file...
  11. P

Someone who knows way more than me about C++ seems to have found the problem. My sketch defines the FingerController as a global variable, and the setup then calls the initialization method for it. Apparently the C++ compiler does not guarantee that the global variable is constructed by the time...
  12. P

The serial is initialized as part of the finger controller class if the DEBUG flag is set to True (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten any output at all)
  13. P

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try tomorrow to provide power to the Teensy independently from the USB power. I will try as well to remove the dynamic memory for now to see if that helps. I've actually reinstalled the arduino IDE and teensyduino last week and did re-download the udev rules...
  14. P

Hello everyone, I'm working on a robotics project using a Teensy 3.6 in Ubuntu 16.04. The teensy is connected to a custom shield to control 2 boards ("distal" and "proximal") which has been thoroughly validated. I have been encountering some weird issues that can be hard to reproduce, even for...
  15. P

Analog Ground & How to protect Input pins T3.6

This I suppose is a usual technique for clamping the voltage (ignore the clamp to GND, that one wouldn't be needed here). Is this a reasonable thing to do? Is there a better option to protect the analog input from voltages >3.3V ? I suppose one concern I have is guaranteeing that my schottky...
  16. P

Analog Ground & How to protect Input pins T3.6

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forums, since I only recently jumped onto the Teensy wagon :) I am currently designing a shield for the Teensy 3.6. This shield is for a robotics project and it will do a bunch of things but I mostly want to focus on 2 of those things which I could...
Back