Search results

1. V

Teensy 3.2 Motorized Fader Controller

Hello. I'd like to create a usb MIDI based motorized fader controller, using the Motofader 64 as a starting point. This unit is meant to be a controller for a EQ Station 8, and doesn't work on its own or output any MIDI in its current state. It communicates solely with the EQ 8 unit via DB9...
  2. V

Microcontroller stock

Hi Paul, I emailed you about this as well but I figured I'd try a forum post too. I've recently purchased a number of bootloader chips, but I cannot find the microcontrollers from NXP in stock anywhere. Do you have a cache of the MKL26Z64VFT4 that you can sell? If not, do you have any of the...
  3. V

Multiple MIDI device naming confusion (Mac OS)

Hi, I'm using a number of teensy usbMidi devices and am running into the issue of Mac OS confusing which device is which. I've tried renaming the devices to unique identifiers in the name.c, but strangely, unless I go into the Mac Audio MIDI Setup and delete all the cached devices, Mac will...
  4. V

Teensy LC USB MIDI and Windows 7

Hi guys, I have a user that is not able to use my device (using a teensy lc) on Windows 7; apparently MIDI communication is just not working with the default USB driver. It works fine on Windows 10. Any idea why this may be the case? Is there a USB MIDI driver that needs to be installed for Win 7?
  5. V

OOM Errors with ample memory on Teensy LC

Hi guys, I'm running into a strange issue where after upload, my Teensy LC becomes unresponsive seemingly due to out of memory errors, even though my data usage is well within the limits. For example: I have an data array with 5 values; on upload, the data usage is calculated as follows...
  6. V

Wire library incorrectly reading last 2 bytes in page

Hi guys, I've been using the i2c_t3 library for a while with no issue, but recently had to switch to Wire because of memory limitations. For some reason, upon switching libraries, the last two bytes of a page write/read operation return incorrectly. I'm not sure why exactly. Here's my write...
  7. V

Out of memory errors with latest PlatformIO

Hi guys, I've been using Platform IO with VSCode for awhile. I recently opened up an unchanged codebase and PIO auto-updated. Although this code base worked perfectly fine previously, it is now compiling with significantly higher DATA memory usage (to the point where it's out of memory after...
  8. V

IO Errors with latest Platform IO and Teensy LC

Hi guys, I've been developing on the Teensy LC using Platform IO and VSCode for some time now, but the latest version is having some strange issues which I can't seem to figure out. Basically, the Teensy sometimes refuses to be flashed and spits out a IOError: [Errno 6] Device not configured...
  9. V

Connecting ground via 24awg wire

Hi guys, I'm planning on separating my current pcb into modules; the teensy circuitry would be on its own board, which would connect to a board with buttons and leds via a 4 pin jst connector. Will I have signal reliability issues by connecting the reference ground via the jst connector between...
  10. V

Custom Teensy Board, Manufacturing Defects

Hi guys; I've gone through the process of designing a custom Teensy board for a low volume product (200 units) and have sold almost all of the units I've produced. The boards integrate a Teensy LC and among other things, 12 WS2812b LEDs. During assembly, I found that on a small percentage of the...
  11. V

Ws2812b + 74hct245 random failure

Hi guys. I am trying to diagnose a very strange issue and could use some help. I have 12 WS2812b LEDs hooked up to a 74hct245 chip being driven by a teensy lc. The LEDs have been working fine for about a month until today, they randomly stopped listening to my commands. I've flashed the basic...
  12. V

Garbled Data from I2C EEPROM using i2c_t3 with Teensy LC

I'm stumped. I have this EEPROM device (https://datasheet.lcsc.com/szlcsc/Shanghai-Belling-BL24C04A-NTRC_C177778.pdf) hooked up to the SCL/SDA pins (18 & 19) on a Teensy LC using 4.7k external pullup resistors and am using the following test code to attempt a basic read/write operation. I can...
  13. V

Teensy LC EEPROM Write Speed

Hi, I'm running into a strange issue where I write to pretty much all the available EEPROM memory on the Teensy LC, but sometimes when I retrieve, it's pulling previously written values, indicating to me that it did not properly write. Do I need to put a delay() or something of the sort after I...
  14. V

Possible connection issue between MKL02 and MKL26 on Teensy LC

Hi guys. I have a custom Teensy LC implementation using your bootloader chips and am having issues getting the board to be detected via USB. Here's what I've got going on: 1. Probing the reset pin with my scope, I temporarily pull PTB2 on the MKL02 to ground. 2. I can see the MKL26 restarting...
  15. V

Possible WS2812 Library conflict with USBMidi?

Hi guys, I'm having an issue using the Non-Blocking WS2812B library (https://www.pjrc.com/non-blocking-ws2812-led-library/) with USBMidi. Using the example code for the WS2812B basic library test, if I put USBMidi.read() inside the loop, the program crashes. Are the two libraries incompatible...
  16. V

WS2812B Flickering with WS2812Serial Library

Hi guys, I'm having flickering issues using the WS2812B LED chips. Here's what's going on: *This is USB powered, so I have max 400mA to work with. Keeping that in mind...* I have 12 WS2812B LEDs connected, which I planned on operating at half brightness, meaning I should be drawing a total of...
  17. V

USB Track Width / Parallelism

Hi guys, I just got my first custom teensy boards in the mail and unfortunately I'm not able to get the USB device to show up. I've pushed the program button and also floated the NMI pin but don't seem to have luck. I'm going to probe around, but one thing I'm very unsure about is the tolerences...
  18. V

Clarifying Crystal Design Guidelines

Hi Paul and rest of awesome smart people on this forum. This thread (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/27397-Teensy-gt-Production?p=60903&viewfull=1#post60903), which outlines some of the design considerations for crystal placement on a custom Teensy board got a bit off topic so I figured I'd start...
  19. V

Socket for Teensy Bootloader

Hey guys, I'm planning on using the teensy bootloader chips for a manufacturing run. I have a PCBA partner in China that i've worked with before and I'd like to keep using, but I don't trust shipping the bootloader chips. I was thinking about putting a socket on my PCB and popping in the...
  20. V

Teensy Bootloader with MK64FX512VLQ12

Hi guys, I'm thinking about using the Teensy bootloader chip with the MK64FX512VLQ12 for a medium volume manufacturing run and had some questions about the implementation. The MK64FX512VLQ12 has 100 gpio pins. How does the Teensy software utilize those pins? How many of those pins can I do PWM...
  21. V

Teensy LC Half Alive

Hi guys. I've been using a Teensy LC with my board for about 6 months and it's worked great until I started flashing code using Platform IO & Visual Studio Code. While using VSCode & Platform IO, my build times got significantly longer (up to 3 minutes to flash a small program) and often times...
  22. V

Moving from Teensy LC to Teensy 2.0

Hi guys, thanks for all your help thus far. I've just successfully funded my teensy project on Indiegogo (www.datalooperpedal.com) and am going to be doing a manufacturing run of about 150 units. I'm currently using the Teensy LC in my prototypes, which works great, but was thinking about...
  23. V

FCC Certification

Hi guys, I'm in the process of preparing a product for a potential small run (if the Kickstarter goes well) and I was wondering if anyone knows what the general practice, cost and guidelines for legally selling a non-transmitting device using a Teensy LC as the brain. My questions are as...
  24. V

USB Port Connection

Hey guys! I've been using the Teensy 3.5 and LC board for a number of prototypes and have had issues with the surface mount usb connector breaking off on a few boards. It seems like with pretty minimal force, after 100 or so plug ins that connector will just shear off super easily. I'm thinking...
Back