Search results

1. D

Audio Effect Delay Pops & Clicks when changing tap times

I tested it today and just I can tell you double thank you 😆 for sharing this code. It working just amazing. I tested it on my T4.1 equipped with 16mb psram with large buffer and even all 10 channels once and still working without any problems. I add potentiometer “delay” mapped in range 6-150...
  2. D

ARM math question

I rewrote my code and I was able get it to work with ARM hardware multiply using mult32x64 and mixing outputA and outputB by clip_q31_to_q15. It working nice better than I expected. I writing now code for floating point operation and see how it works. I will share my code when I finish it. Thank...
  3. D

ARM math question

I working on new DSP code now, I got to work queue record and convert audio from int16 to float32 and from float32 to int16 for play queue using arm math function. Now I need find proper equivalent functions for replacement my old M32x16.
  4. D

ARM math question

I just want do some calculations in floating point and looking how to do using CMSIS DSP Above code is just a part full version of my pseudo realtime code which is here https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/72019-Realtime-pitch-shifter-flange-chorus-and-modulator-MULTI-FX-Project?highlight=Diodac
  5. D

ARM math question

Hey guys. I just wondering if possible is moving this function to arm math and floating operations. I’m totally new with arm math and not sure. // Multi ++++++++++++++++++++ inline uint32_t M32x16(uint32_t x, uint32_t y) { return (uint32_t)(((uint32_t)x) * ((uint32_t)y) >> 16); }...
  6. D

changing pitch of audio samples - TeensyVariablePlayback library

Hi Nic Today I found your work! It is literally awesome. I just started digging in examples, doing some testing. It working without problems. Just working about stop command. I didn’t see in keyword file any and in example play sd raw too. After loading example it starts automatically...
  7. D

Accessing 128 bit sample packets

Regarding my previous post about problems with incoming noise. I fixed it thanks to view in your code 😆 my problem comes from processing buffer outside queue.available function. I rewrote my code and now all works perfect. Later I share the code in my thread. Thank you for sharing your example...
  8. D

Accessing 128 bit sample packets

Hi Pete Actually I dealing with queue objects and have some problems. Maybe you could help me. I try getting out audio from stream then processing it and after processing, send it back to audio stream and to the output. I see here your code and it give me hope 🤣 In my code something I do wrong...
  9. D

Realtime pitch shifter, flange, chorus and modulator MULTI FX Project

I little bit improve my code and now it working better. But still comes strange artifactual noise in constant time interval approximately every 7 minutes. it is really weird and I can't find the problem. Also schroeder reverb need small improvement. Pitch shifter, chorus and flange working...
  10. D

queue and i2s dac it even working?

Paul is any better solution for pick up audio from record queue and send audio to play queue than this void ADC_to_buffer() { memcpy(bufferIn + record_offset, queueRecord.readBuffer(), MAX_SAMPLES * 2); queueRecord.freeBuffer(); record_offset += MAX_SAMPLES; if (record_offset >=...
  11. D

Paul I created separately thread for my project. It is here https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/72019-Realtime-pitch-shifter-flange-chorus-and-modulator-MULTI-FX-Project
  12. D

Realtime pitch shifter, flange, chorus and modulator MULTI FX Project

Hi everyone, Finally I got to work SGTL 5000 in way what I want and now Im able to writing own effect codes :D Still I have little issues witch my code because I used queues. I know that will be better if I going to create audio objects rather coding like that anyway for now I prefer my way :)...
  13. D

I tried this code also with Teensy audio shield and get much better sound quality, clicks go away, and latency between input and output is smaller. Tomorrow I will share it with another effect code.
  14. D

Yeah it is perfect solution, i tried it but so far without success and I used queue option. Still I didn’t understand exactly some things with Audio library. I have some other effects pitch shifters, reverbs, modulators, chorus and so on, it will be nice if I get it as an audio objects. If I...
  15. D

Paul thank you for suggestions, I got it to work almost everything working like I except, good quality of sound. I have still small problem with my code. 1. Latency between input and output is around half second, is any trick or optimisation for resolve latency problem? 2. Clicks in sound, they...
  16. D

Send audio from ADC to i2s output using queue play and dac UDA1334A. I don't know if it even is able to work, I tried couple of methods and Im disappointed, the sound is distorted or no sound. Im pretty sure that is my fault somewhere. Maybe someone could help me get it work? The UDA1334A module...
  17. D

Queue Audio object and i2c issue

Hey guys. Could you please help me get to work queue record and play with audio shield RevD and Teensy4.1. I wrote very simple code for pseudo octaver , but I can't get audio from queue record and send it to octaver function and to the output. I just got clean signal without effect. The code...
  18. D

OLED 0,96" vs. 1,3"

I just running SH1106 1.3” display with Adafruit_SH1106 with your optimisation for T4 I noticed some problems. It’s really slow down T4, it affects for example elapsedMillis functions and everything else too. If I use 0.96 SSD1306 display with SSD1306 library all working perfectly good. I just...
  19. D

Teensy with a 5V step-up transformer?

I just need also 0-5V CV octave/volt from teensy 4. I used I2c dac and get nice 0-3.3V output then use opamp for amplify it to 0-5V but opamp is not really super solution in this case. Paul what do you think, if I use logic level shifting for I2c from t4 for 5v I2c level and use 5V DAC, I get...
  20. D

Audio Router Module?

I not really want boring you with 2000 lines of code just for help me find one buggy line 🤣 Any way I resolve problem clicks. Just I wrote simple memset function for wiping out buffer and feeding it again with initial values when encoder state changed and clicking gone.
  21. D

Audio Router Module?

Yeah exactly. Cross-fade 🙂 finally I got everything done but you mentioned about free-click switching audio signals, so I have little bit headache with it 🤣 In my effect I use encoder for switching presets and when switching preset to another one, click occurs in audio stream. It happens only...
  22. D

Audio Router Module?

No no gain and multiplying is necessary, but not over the range I meant. Sorry before I not said exactly. Anyway, above function with g1,g2 works for me 🙂 Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
  23. D

Audio Router Module?

I just use ADC library and on SPI dac output on T4 board. I wrote own code for effects and looper. All working good. From effect code I have 2 identical mono streams, one of them I sent to looper input. Now I need some mixing solution to merge second effect stream with looper output stream. I...
  24. D

Audio Router Module?

Thank you for suggestion, I know it, it works with any other data but not really for audio. I need find more advanced solutions and probably bunch of code similar to mixer code from audio library.
  25. D

Audio Router Module?

Hi folks! I need some help with relative simple problem. How to write proper function for mixing 2 audio signals to one without multiplying or gain changes. a range 0-1023 b range 0-1023 Both with bias 511 I can’t use just x = a+b; 🤣 and map it to the range 0-1023 and I can’t use audio tool for...
  26. D

Teensy 4 and MCP4921 noise problem.

I do more tests and all things working so good. Any noises or distortion. My heavy codes working seamless like never before 😆 Paul double thank you for releasing this beautiful little monster T4.
  27. D

Yeah it working. Thanks Paul :) SPI.transfer16((data & 0x0FFF) | 0x7000); SPI.transfer16(data & 0xFFF);
  28. D

Paul first of all, thank you for your time for help me resolving problem. I just have to do last thing with my code - SPI.transfer16() but I did't use it before, could you please give me idea how to? When I tried, I got 32bit result :) #13 Here is working code for Teensy 4 and dac MCP4921...
  29. D

Paul I got it to work!!! Any sound distortion now 😆 Yay the solution sitting behind the corner 🤣 I just used INPUT_DISABLE on pin 16! All distortion disappears and sounding great. Even PWM output sounds better than MCP4921 at first glance. Now I just need figure how to write proper function...
  30. D

Paul I do more testing, I tried just very minimal code, analogRead results (audio signal) sent to the pwm pin without any other stuff and sound is distorted in the same manner. I think it is T4 bug which raises problems with analogRead. I digging net and people also have similar problems with...
  31. D

Paul thank you for patience :) Yeah I got high level of frustration. I do everything what you tell me, I tried different delay timing and so on. Maybe SPI.transfer16() could help but I not really sure how to setting it for work. I get better results but small portion of distortion still exist...
  32. D

Paul I need definitely get it working with signals from analogRead. I ported minimum code where I start, if I get proper transfer data from A2 to dac output, then I can go ahead with coding. The connection and input circuit are for sure good, I checked 2times it. Another test done, I swapped...
  33. D

I try first SPI.transfer() as normal but still have distortion on output. I did delayNanoseconds like you said. Really it is wired it should working but not
  34. D

I change it, but still is problem, maybe SPI.transfer16 I do in wrong way? #include <SPI.h> #define dac_cs 9 #define dac_latch 10 void DAC(int data) { //20MHz for MCP4921 SPI.beginTransaction(SPISettings(20000000L, MSBFIRST, SPI_MODE3)); digitalWriteFast(dac_cs, LOW)...
  35. D

Paul thank you for your time. I tried it with transfer16 but it even not working, I do it probably in wrong way. Could you please look at my code and tell me where I do mistake? #include <SPI.h> #define dac_cs 9 #define dac_latch 10 void DAC(int data) { //20MHz for MCP4921...
  36. D

Paul here is minimal code just for DAC and analogRead(A2) for external signal generator, without interrupt all in main loop. Still signal is distorted with T4 board. The problem is somewhere with timing I think. #include <SPI.h> #define dac_cs 9 #define dac_latch 10 void DAC(int data) {...
  37. D

Paul I tried it, but nothing happens still sound is distorted. I tried different times even delayMicroseconds and not helping. I tested code also without IntervalTimer in main loop and results are the same. On T3.2 all working perfect then my circuit is good for sure. When I swap board to T4...
  38. D

I try use MCP4921 dac witch T4 and it not really working good. I write simple code for tremolo effect and output is with distortion :( It must be done witch interrupt routine because rest of code require interrupts. For interrupting I use IntervalTimer because TimerOne or TimerThree not working...
  39. D

IFFT and the Audio Library

I tested this code and working nice, I just wondering how to do with signal from analogRead and plot the result. I still not really understand all functions and not really know how to re write these functions. Could you give me some ideas? Thx.
  40. D

Multiplying 32 bit ints

Guys thank you for replying fast. Paul! Thank you 😆 what a simple code and it is great, working better than I expected. Before I did it in wrong way 🤣 I working on pitch shift and flange effects with own “minimal memory usage” algorithms and now I get it working on Teensy board. Yeah I’m...
  41. D

Multiplying 32 bit ints

Hi Paul. I have two avr multiplication functions which working perfect on Arduino, do you know how to use it on Teensy 3.2? I tried changing registers for ARM but without success. I really need it working but Im not really sure how to do. Could you or someone here, help me please adjusting it...
  42. D

ADC library, with support for Teensy 4, 3.x, and LC

Hello everyone! I have a question. If I use continuous reading on both ADC 0 and 1 at A9 and A1 and use also simultaneously single reading on A2 all going smooth and working but if I enable interruptions for ADC’s then I cannot get to work simultaneously single reading anymore on any analog...
  43. D

i2s and DAC/ADC audio + external FX

Yeah, I will use encoder with menu for setting couple of things but in my project I will use also 3 soft pots and octo board too for leds. Pretty hard coding I need to do. But teensy audio stuff is little bit new to me, before I doing just midi project and sometimes led. I need digging deeper...
  44. D

Even if I passed stereo by line in on audio board and passed another stereo by ADCs object, I got 4 signals simultaneously on headphones and line out until I added any control functions :/
  45. D

Paul I know that, maximum 2 mono signals if use adcs. That is nice to use 2 audio shields, I readed Sparkfun's tutorial. But.. I was thinking, if SGTL has own build in an ADC and use it for processing then I be able use another mono or stereo Teensy ADC and I tried this; And working! until...
  46. D

AudioOctoWiz

Hi bananaflux! Great job. Nice donee! I know that is pretty old topic but still hot. I have similar idea for using octo and audio board simultaneously and I have to find compromise between amount octo “channels” and pins for SGTL 5000 to get maximum functionality without conflicts and errors. In...
  47. D

There is no chance using simultaneous mic in and line in on single SGTL, for that I need use 2 audio boards, or what already I have done with external amplified mic and return fx connected to the R,L line in. It is pretty good solution but circuit becomes more complex, I need build up really...
  48. D

I digging all night and all day in data sheets and so on and found that SGTL5000 is a piece of nice device. Lots possibilities and easy implementation. This is what I looking for. I’m impressed. Now I will try get simultaneous input line and mic and mixing it to headphones and line out.
  49. D

And If possible line in for another external signal input. But how to do working simultaneously SGTL mic, line input from audio board + AudioAnalogInput and mix it to dac, line output and headphones.. for now I don’t have idea. I need deeper digging. Just I got audio board and second day I...
  50. D

I use it like that: Line In R - input signal from amplified mic or audio. Line Out R,L to send audio to external FX Line In L is for return from FX Headphone - main stereo output. #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin...
Back