Search results

1. C

Ublox U-center information

Hi, Is there anyone here that understand U-center? I'm particularly interested in programming a NEO-8 with SPI, for use with a PIC. Please let me know any information. Cheers, Camerart
  2. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi L, I can see that you are having difficulties, running your modules, I also had difficulties, so I looked for yet another module. After a search and many failed tests of modules, I found the I-phone compass module AK8963C. They come on breakout boards, but they are a bit too expensive for...
  3. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, Thanks a lot, much appreciated. However, my skill level is pretty poor, and even though I can almost see what's happening, it is probably too difficult. I'll have a go and report back. C. C.
  4. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, I have found the LSM303C which appears to have direct SPI control, I've ordered a couple. I'll see how I get on with them before carrying on with the excellent CODE that's been posted. I have found it a bit too difficult to use both SPI and I2C in the same program. Thanks to all that...
  5. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, I have tried HMC5983, with no success, but just found this: http://flightcontroller.blogspot.com/2014/08/communicating-with-hmc5983-magnetometer.html I haven't properly read it yet, though. I just tried a couple of links from the page, but got errors. It may have been Oshonsoft...
  6. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, Why did I buy it? I thought it may be future proof, as mentioned, also lack of knowledge. Can you suggest another one? SPI, and not to pricey. C.
  7. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, So far I've got 3 or 4 different compass modules, that I've failed to be able to program for various reasons, one being Oshonsoft limitations. I first ordered the MPU9250s in April but they failed to arrive twice, and after another re-order, I got these a couple of weeks ago. I only...
  8. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi B, I now understand where I went wrong regarding the 'Who am I' register. Even as a none Arduino speaker, I can see that your code is very comprehensive, but for me it may be too much. To start with I only need the Magnetometer readings. Would it be asking too much for you to strip out...
  9. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

HI U, I'm a bit confused! I'm an improving dyslexic. Looking at the register map again, with 'WHO AM I' I now see that I missed RESET VALUE, thinking that 71 is the register. This could take a while:eek: C.
  10. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, Ok. I relied on the READ being very fast, but did read about the errors if READ my way. I'll try again using the FIFO. C.
  11. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi, Is this an error in the DATA sheet? If so, are there any others? C
  12. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi B, Blimey!! I see why you're proud of it. To me it's a bit like reading hieroglyphics I may be getting mixed up regarding the FIFO, I don't fully understand it, perhaps I don't need to? I've just come across EXT_SENS_DATA_00 - 06, that I assume is a clever way of buffering the DATA. I had...
  13. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi B, Thanks, I had a quick scan and found reference to FIFO. When READing the XYZ Magnetometer Registers, is FIFO used or is each BYTE READ in turn? I think I have to use each BYTE in turn. C.
  14. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi B, I've downloaded your ZIP file, and have Arduino, and need to know which are the minimum files I need for READing the XYZ Magnetometer registers? Thanks, C.
  15. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi U, My system supports SDI, and I've programmed other modules ok (i,e, BMP280 barometer) I'll try 'Who am I' Thanks C.
  16. C

MPU-9250 SPI in BASIC

Hi, Firstly, I can only speak BASIC language, and I use Oshonsoft for programming, simulating and compiling. Unfortunately, this isn't used by many people which makes it challenging for me. I am trying to get the MPU9250 comass module working using SPI. I have looked through the threads and...
Back