Search results

1. K

[?] CS4270 and Teensy 3.6... Maybe it is too much as first experiment

Thanks for the quick answer, anyway I would like to use an external DAC with at least 16bit resolution and make some practice with I2C/I2S (or SPI).
  2. K

[?] CS4270 and Teensy 3.6... Maybe it is too much as first experiment

Hi, I am trying to integrate the audio codec CS4270 in my project, but I am very newbie with this stuff. I've followed the suggested wiring (with decoupler and pull-up resistors) and I have tried to use the library I2C_t3 to make some basic experiments, just try to check if at least one I2C...
  3. K

[?] New Haven 128128ASC3 wiring and SPI library

I have almost solved, but with a strange wiring solution. I had to put two pull-down resistors (instead of pull-up as suggested by NewHaven forum) and switch OLEDCS with SDCS. :confused: With this strange trick it works perfectly even with CPU at 240MHz. I've already checked soldering issue...
  4. K

Some updates. I was able to get it running, but with some nasty workarounds: It works only with CPU speed at 24MHz or lower. I have to disconnect pin 10 (CS0) at startup. I have to connect pin 10 (CS0) after few seconds to SDCS instead of OLEDCS. :confused: P.S.: If I am not wrong builtin...
  5. K

You're right, but I am afraid that there are some soldering issues, I have to check better this evening, but it seems that some pins are in short, I mean I have made a quick check with continuity checker and it is beeping when I touch pin CD and 3Vo and GND, maybe it is not a real problem, I...
  6. K

Wow! C64 Commando!!! ;) Anyway it seems pretty fluid, nice color and well supported (and also cheap, I just found it at 15€ on Amazon, considering that I spent 20€ for the NewHaven on Mouser). I am going to buy it!
  7. K

I was thinking that defining SLOW_SPI (as documented by library author) SPI was limited to 18MHz despite the Teensy CPU speed. Maybe I'm trying to use a OLED that it is not fitting well with Teensy. Since maybe my display has dead (because wrong soldering), I am looking for a decent display OLED...
  8. K

Uhm, I checked contacts with tester and I've noticed that two pins (CD, 3Vo) result in someway touching the GND pin (even if they are next to each other) :( So, I guess this is not a good thing! I'll try to unsolder them, but I am afraid that I've already killed the board.
  9. K

Hi, I am trying to use a NewHaven 128128ASC3 OLED display with my Teensy 3.6. I've followed different guides and posts on this forum, but at the moment I am not getting anything but a dark screen. My first question is which wiring I should follow? At the moment I am using the one suggested by...
  10. K

[?] Cross compiling bypassing completely Arduino IDE

@luni Thank you for the hints and for your great work with VisualTeensy, it helped me a lot in understanding how to write a working Makefile!
  11. K

Thank you for the reply @brtaylor. Where I can find a documentation about STD port coverage? Thank you!
  12. K

Cool! TyCommander is working perfectly! Anyway I cannot understand what I was missing using minicom, anyway my first issue is solved!
  13. K

Hi, Finally I've received my Teensy 3.6 and started to work with it. I've created a basic Makefile (following the VisualTeensy Makefile, thanks @defragster) and adapted for Linux, but I have two problems: Serial output seems faulty: I can only see few lines (using minicom or screen or cat)...
  14. K

That's cool! Thank you all guys!
  15. K

[?] Some hints on choosing a quad audio codec and an OLED

Thank you for your quick answer. I was looking at that audio codec. So in your opinion a setup with Cirrus 4244 on I2C+I2S, OLED 128x128x16bit on SPI should not be a big problem for a Teensy 3.6? I mean not to much stress over the CPU, some maybe funny coding for controlling the DAC/ADC and...
  16. K

Thank you the very quick answer. I am wondering if I could just reverse engineering the verbose output of Arduino IDE or maybe Teensyduino makes some other operations on top of it (I mean something not logged in the verbose dump).
  17. K

Hi, I am making some experiments with Teensy, especially developing audio applets using the great Ornament & Crime module. I found the Arduino IDE too basic to be used for serious development, and I switched to VSCode + Platformio, but anyway every time I have to open Arduino IDE to compile...
  18. K

[?] Some hints on choosing a quad audio codec and an OLED

Hi, I would like to create a synth module (for eurorack format) using a Teensy 3.6 and I have a couple of question to share (since I am pretty noob). The module is inspired by the magnificent Ornament & Crime and it will have these features: 4 digital inputs (sampled at low frequency) 4...
Back