Search results

1. Q

Teensy 4.0 STD Library Compilation Failure

I was messing around with code the other day and I came upon a weird compilation error. If I compiled code using std::vector, compilation was successful if I optimized for Faster, Fastest, or Smallest Code. Compilation failed if optimized for Fast, or Debug. The proof-of-concept below will...
  2. Q

Teensy4 IntervalTimer Channels Problem

Just got my T4s this week and I'm putting th T4 through some basic tests. I wrote a very basic IntervalTime sketch using 4 channels of the IntervalTimer and discovered that it will only handle two channels. The other two (any combination of two) are ignored. Is this a known problem, or did I...
  3. Q

Teensy 4 & rtc_second interrupt

I've ordered a couple of Teensy 4's, but until I receive them I've been playing around with possible problems I might encounter on current 3.6 programs migrating to 4.0. I use the rtc_second interrupt to trigger a call to rtc_get(), but it looks like the rtc_second interrupt is not currently...
  4. Q

Teensy 3.5 vs Teensy 3.6 digital pins

I've been playing around with the MCP23017 io expander and I've come across a conundrum. The data sheet says that the maximum i2c clock speed is 1.7 MHz. Using the i2c_t3 library and the Teensy 3.6, at 1.7 MHz I have a stable connection. But, with the Teensy 3.5, I can only obtain a stable...
  5. Q

Teensy 3.6 Overclocked to 256 MHz

Paul and Frank, I thought I'd try out the 256 MHz overclock. It works a treat. Did a simple series of digitalWrites in a loop to track the speed improvement vs the clock speed increase Rough numbers for a digitalWrite HIGH/LOW cycle 180 MHz ~ 167 ns 192 MHz ~ 155 ns 216 MHz ~ 138 ns 240 MHz ~...
  6. Q

Is size of int type correct?

I've been bashing my head for a bit, and I've discovered something confusing. I have been assuming the int type has a size of 2 bytes and I've discovered that it's 4. is this correct? Here is a small program showing the head scratcher. Normally, short and int have the same 2 byte size...
  7. Q

Serial.printf Bug ?

While playing with the Teensy 3.6, its internal RTC, and TimeLib, I came across something funny. In The code below, the first serial.printf prints the month twice, not the weekday and month Comment out that line, and uncomment the next two that separates the weekday and month into two separate...
  8. Q

New Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 User Just Saying Hi

Hi All. After a fruitful few years with the ATmega1284P, I realized it was to time to move on. I have been intrigued with the Teensy platform for some time, and I finally purchased the Teensy 3.5 and 3.6. The two boards arrived a few days ago and I have been having a fantastic learning...
Back