Search results

1. M

USB Type FlightSim Controls (in PlatformIO)

Resolved. Hello, Just in case anyone else has the same problem/misunderstanding when trying to use Teensy USB in PlatformIO IDE. https://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/platforms/teensy.html In platformio.ini a build flag is needed... [env:teensy_hid_device] platform = teensy framework =...
  2. M

teensy and TCA9548A pullup resistors

Just about Yes. One was dead on arrival. The others all developed failed ports after a short time of use. So I did get them to work just not for long. It is still my understanding that external pull ups are needed on Teensy I2C.
  3. M

Hi, The purple boards did not work as expected for me, strange but true. The Adafruit boards have been flawless for me at least. All I can say is I have to use pull ups on the Teensy SCL and SDA to get the I2C to work reliably. Why not try with pull ups and maybe remove the other I2C devices...
  4. M

Hello Rotabox, Had the same problem and confusion with the documentation. Try using 4.7KOhm to pull up the Teensy SCL and SDA to Vcc. Someone will confirm but I believe the Teensy needs a stronger pull up than some other boards. I did not need any extra pull ups on the TCA outputs ports. It...
  5. M

USB Type FlightSim Controls (in PlatformIO)

Hi, Using PlatformIO, which header files do I need to include in order to use Flight Sim Controls? In Arduino IDE I would use menu Tools > USB Type > Flight Sim Controls and assume this adds headers automagically? Thanks in advance, Mike:rolleyes:
  6. M

Teensyduino IDE replacement

If it is JUST (or mostly) the Arduino IDE text editor that bothers you then you can still use your favourite text editor. In Arduino, goto preferences and select "Use External Editor". Edit code in your fave text editor, save and use Arduino to compile/upload. Probably not the solution the...
  7. M

Helmet Visor with led screen suggestions

Hello, Sorry if I have you wrong but you want to install an LED matrix in a visor that will be worn so the visor acts as a screen - like a Heads Up Display? How would you see when wearing it, the LED Strips are not transparent. Again, sorry if I have misunderstood. Have you looked at...
  8. M

Suggestion. X-Plane Forum?

Hello, May I suggest an X-Plane/Teensy section on this forum. This for specific discussion/help/community building with using Teensy for X-Plane. Thanks for considering ;)
  9. M

suggestion for multiple 0.96" OLED (Radio/Nav panel)

Hello Tony, Many thanks for the reply! In fact, I have just ordered a 3.6 to play with ;-) Most of my projects are nano based and given the fact I am so impressed with the LC I think I'm going to make a conscious move to Teensy boards - it's about time I updated ;) Many thanks for the...
  10. M

Good Morning Michael, Okay, I understand the memory usage potential issue now. I have had my head in 7-Seg LED territory for a few day and just assumed the OLED would take a few bytes or an INT or String in similar fashion. So thanks for making me aware, I think I might change boards to a...
  11. M

Hello Michael, Thanks for the comprehensive (and quick) reply. Answer 1) (I2C multiplexer solution) did not know these existed so thank you (and for the link to UK seller, most thoughtful of you). A quick read and 'intuition' lead me to believe this may be the solution. Answer 2). I...
  12. M

Hello Everyone, I am looking for some advice on using multiple OLED's in a project (at least 8 x 0.96" displays). Ultimately, the project will be a cessna style com/nav/adf/ap stack using a Teensy in Flight Sim 'mode' (what a combo by the way, X-Plane 11, Teensy plugin and Teensy -...
Back