Search results

1. Z

Driving a large LCD with a Teensy 4.1

Thanks for the info! I'll look into that board. What is the performance like? Do you happen to know what FPS is achievable with a medium size display? And do you have a link to your code?
  2. Z

Driving a large LCD with a Teensy 4.1

I'd like to drive a fairly large display with a Teensy 4.1, and I have a few questions. As far as I can tell, I’ll need to use a parallel interface rather than SPI to get a good framerate (60 FPS). The IMXRT1060RM has two dedicated peripherals for LCD related stuff. The “Enhanced Liquid...
  3. Z

Why is serial.write() laggy compared to a normal arduino?

Never mind, figured it out. Just needed to add Serial.send_now() at the end to send everything in the TX buffer -- https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_serial.html#txbuffer void setup() { Serial.begin(256000); delay(1000); } void loop() { uint16_t a, b, c; a = random(0, 500); b =...
  4. Z

Why is serial.write() laggy compared to a normal arduino?

Hello, I'm trying to write data to the serial port at 1Khz and then I'm plotting it with SerialPlot: https://hackaday.io/project/5334-serialplot-realtime-plotting-software/discussion-88924 On a normal arduino it is smooth + works well, but on all of my teensies there is some sort of a...
  5. Z

Teensy 4.1 USB Host Questions

Thanks for the info!
  6. Z

Teensy 4.1 USB Host Questions

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it possible to use the Teensy 4.1 USB host hardware to communicate directly with a PC? I essentially want the USB host on the teensy to send raw data back and forth between my PC in a way that looks something like this...
  7. Z

Does SoftwareSerial work on Teensy 4.1?

Thanks! Looks like even the flexio stuff won't work on pins 30 & 31 :/ Oh well, I'm not actually using all of the hardware serial ports at the moment so I'll just solder some wires from 30 & 31 to one of the hardware serial ports for now.
  8. Z

Does SoftwareSerial work on Teensy 4.1?

Hello, On a custom circuit board I connected a uBlox GPS module to pins 30 & 31. I'm using the 8 hardware serial ports for something else, so I was planning on using the SoftwareSerial library to get the data from this GPS module. I've verified that the GPS module is working -- when connecting...
  9. Z

ICM-20948 Motion Sensor Library for Teensy (the newer+better MPU-9250)

The datasheet claims that when using the DMP it does some sort of a continuous automatic calibration. After this weekend I'll look through the datasheet and code a bit more to see if that is actually running properly. I'll also look into adding a manual calibration routine.
  10. Z

ICM-20948 Motion Sensor Library for Teensy (the newer+better MPU-9250)

I've written an Arduino library for the ICM-20948 motion sensor which uses the internal DMP (digital motion processor). I've tested it using a Teensy 4.1 and it seems to work well. Library can be found here: https://github.com/ZaneL/Teensy-ICM-20948 Nodejs app which takes the quaternion output...
  11. Z

In need of complete Teensy 4.1 dimensions

Thanks blackketter and Kurt, that was the info I needed!
  12. Z

This better illustrates the problem. The bottom USB header isn't vertically aligned with anything...no idea how far up I need to move it. Also not completely sure about the Ethernet connector. I could probably just eyeball it or determine the dimensions using MS paint and drawing more lines, but...
  13. Z

Thanks -- that would be super useful but I'm using Diptrace.
  14. Z

Do you know the horizontal+vertical distance these are in reference to anything else on the board?
  15. Z

Hello, I'm making a circuit board that a Teensy 4.1 will plug into. I have all of the dimensions I need except for the USB and ethernet pins. Does anyone have this info?
  16. Z

Teensy 3.2 -- Corrupted serial port values when run above 48MHz?

Figured it out. It was a combination of two issues. 1.) I had to strip out all of the AVR related PROGMEM stuff from The Things Network library. It was causing all of the strings to be corrupted. A working version of the file can be found here: https://pastebin.com/gBdHCAMJ 2.) When the modem...
  17. Z

Teensy 3.2 -- Corrupted serial port values when run above 48MHz?

Hello, I'm trying to communicate with a Microchip LoRaWAN modem (RN2903) using a Teensy 3.2. It works well when using the code at the bottom. The problem is that it only works when I set the CPU speed to 48MHz or slower. When I set it to 72 MHz the join function (ttn.join(appEui, appKey);)...
  18. Z

Teensy 3.2 running out of RAM?

uint32_t FreeMem(){ // for Teensy 3.0 uint32_t stackTop; uint32_t heapTop; // current position of the stack. stackTop = (uint32_t) &stackTop; // current position of heap. void* hTop = malloc(1); heapTop = (uint32_t) hTop; free(hTop); // The difference is...
  19. Z

Teensy 3.2 running out of RAM?

Hello, I'm using a Teensy 3.2 for a project, and it's working great, but I'm having some very bizarre issues -- I suspect the device is somehow running out of RAM. I'm not using all that many libraries -- these are them: #include <SPI.h> #include <Adafruit_GFX.h> #include <Adafruit_SSD1305.h>...
Back